Speculation: [POOL'S CLOSED] Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And who says Kaprizov doesn't come in and make one of Fiala/Greenway/Donato expendable for another 1st rounder, should they make a reasonable jump up.

Is Kaprizov a left wing or a right wing? Does anyone have a definitive answer on that? I’ve seen him listed as both, and although he’s left handed, a lot of Russians play on their off wing. Like, seemingly most of them.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Cap space next year doesn’t help us fit both this year. And Rask isn’t coming off the books next year unless we want to trade him for a conditional 6th rounder. Other than that, you’d have to trade Zucker exclusively for futures without any cap coming back, and I doubt many teams are interested in that. Koivu or Rask would need to be moved this summer, and I know which one would be easier to move, and it’s not the one we want to move.

And after all that, maybe you can keep Spurgeon and still get the young guys signed to cheap longer term contracts or cheaper bridges. Maybe.

You can sign me up for that.

Reactions: AKL

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Is Kaprizov a left wing or a right wing? Does anyone have a definitive answer on that? I’ve seen him listed as both, and although he’s left handed, a lot of Russians play on their off wing. Like, seemingly most of them.

I think you're right. I think he's actually a left-handed RW.

Edit: but I'm pretty sure that I'd want him and Marner playing together. Move Fiala over.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think you're right. I think he's actually a left-handed RW.

Which is fine. A top 6 of

Fiala-?-Marner
Donato-?-Kaprizov

would be amazing, even without knowing the centers. Hell, maybe in that scenario Kunin could slot in as 2C.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Which is fine. A top 6 of

Fiala-?-Marner
Donato-?-Kaprizov

would be amazing, even without knowing the centers. Hell, maybe in that scenario Kunin could slot in as 2C.

Best case (and this is getting a little out of control, but whatever), is Brodin for Philly's #11, Zucker for #14 or #16 as some people here speculate are available; take Zegras at 11, Newhook at 12 and Broberg at 14/16

Kaprizov - Zegras - Marner
Donato - Newhook - Fiala
Greenway - Eriksson Ek - Kunin

In 3 years.

Still a lot of lefties, but f*** it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Even without Marner, Kaprizov and Kunin as the top 6 right wings should be fine. Which is why the focus needs to be on getting a youngish top 6 center or two (unless you can get a Marner).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Best case (and this is getting a little out of control, but whatever), is Brodin for Philly's #11, Zucker for #14 or #16 as some people here speculate are available; take Zegras at 11, Newhook at 12 and Broberg at 14/16

If only it were that easy. Unfortunately you can’t trade those guys for straight draft picks if you don’t have replacements signed. And you can’t sign replacements until after the draft.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I think you could dump Rask with Zucker for like a 3rd. To a team like Vancouver. That is basically the cap space to sign Duchene.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Vegas made a miracle run last year that they couldn’t replicate this year with a much better roster. You want to bank on catching a 90 yard hail mary every season?

And again, I’m telling you, you need stars in this league to win. Boston, St. Louis, and almost everyone else that went anywhere in the playoffs this year has star players who shoe up and produce when needed. Minnesota has no one like that. Depth is only depth when it’s supporting high end individuals.

And not all draft picks are the same. How many more middle 6 players do we need to draft in the 15-20 range? Greenway, Kunin, Kaprizov, Ek are likely just as good as what we’ll get if we keep our picks.

We already have the supporting cast in place. We need the Marner.

The 2017-2018 Wild had players put up very similar numbers to what St. Louis did this year, so I don't really see the connection there.

I just don't understand the logic in giving up all of those assets for a RW when we've got literally no centers on our team behind Koivu and Staal.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014

Everytime I've seen him score on a one timer it's been from the right side

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Donato - Newhook - Fiala

In 3 years.

Still a lot of lefties, but **** it.
I’m a big fan of this approach. Risky, but exciting nonetheless

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014

Donato - Newhook - Fiala

In 3 years.

Still a lot of lefties, but **** it.

If both Krebs and Zegras were available with our first pick in your scenario who would be your preference?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If both Krebs and Zegras were available with our first pick in your scenario who would be your preference?

I'm the wrong person to ask. I know nothing about Krebs, and only slightly more than that about Zegras. I was really just plucking names out of what I mostly see in the 8-12 range.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I'm the wrong person to ask. I know nothing about Krebs, and only slightly more than that about Zegras. I was really just plucking names out of what I mostly see in the 8-12 range.

Understandable, I just watch some videos and read scouting reports and they can't definitely say whether their play will translate but it's all in fun to speculate.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Understandable, I just watch some videos and read scouting reports and they can't definitely say whether their play will translate but it's all in fun to speculate.
For me, I’d take Zegras easily. Think he has a higher upside and a stronger two way game.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Oh come on kids at that age heal up quickly no problems
It was more of a joke, but the concern is more about a full lost summer of training, and a critical one at that’s, on top of potential skating issues(doubtful) and missing the beginning of the season.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
It was more of a joke, but the concern is more about a full lost summer of training, and a critical one at that’s, on top of potential skating issues(doubtful) and missing the beginning of the season.

I was joking a bit on my response also well mostly. It will hurt Krebs draft spot most likely maybe enough where we could snag him at 15/16 in the round if we can pull off a Zucker deal.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was joking a bit on my response also well mostly. It will hurt Krebs draft spot most likely maybe enough where we could snag him at 15/16 in the round if we can pull off a Zucker deal.

Don't see him dropping past 14. Also haven't seen any rumors or anything about Zucker for 14/16. Wouldn't hold your breath for it if I were you.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Don't see him dropping past 14. Also haven't seen any rumors or anything about Zucker for 14/16. Wouldn't hold your breath for it if I were you.

His value really dropped after the year he had, but teams looking for his type of skillset he should be worth a 1st rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad