Speculation: [POOL'S CLOSED] Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
What do you think he could garner realistically?
I think ideally if you're a team in the hunt and have your choice of best winger available do you wait and hope he pans out with the pick? or just trade for Zucker which you know exactly what you have, so would teams be willing to trade their 1st in that scenario? I think so

So a mid first depending on how draft goes or high 2nd +good prospect or good player + pick or prospect depending on options?

Last edited:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Jason Zucker is a speedster supporting goal scorer who would thrive and play the best hockey of his career if he was stapled next to someone like McDavid for example. So your EDM and your best option is kaiylev/brody/the small USA guy etc.. do you wait and waste the McDavid years like poolparty played out? or just trade for Zucker so you can permanently staple drai to the 2c? Zucker may look more appealing in realistic real life views in that scenario.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Jason Zucker is a speedster supporting goal scorer who would thrive and play the best hockey of his career if he was stapled next to someone like McDavid for example. So your EDM and your best option is kaiylev etc.. do you wait and waste the McDavid years like poolparty or just trade for Zucker so you can permanently staple drai to the 2c? Zucker may look more appealing in realistic real life views in that scenario.
Everybody would look better playing with a guy like McDavid. Zucker doesn't have the intelligence or puck skills to play with a center like that.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Everybody would look better playing with a guy like McDavid. Zucker doesn't have the intelligence or puck skills to play with a center like that.
True and granted EDM isn't mid 1st either I'm just throwing out speculation. The GM of EDM for example can't waste years being patient with McDavid. Phi gm took that approach and got replaced by fletcher who is notorious for trading futures for now.

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Look at all the rumors Zucker has been a part of. Do you guys see a mid 1st anywhere in there?

It’s a nice dream to hope we can land something like 14 or 16 for him, but for the same reason any of those teams would make that trade, the Wild wouldn’t.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Look at all the rumors Zucker has been a part of. Do you guys see a mid 1st anywhere in there?

It’s a nice dream to hope we can land something like 14 or 16 for him, but for the same reason any of those teams would make that trade, the Wild wouldn’t.

Well I was probably a bit overzealous but I think Zucker could land us aother pick in the first round with the proper trading partner and still get a pretty good prospect. It seems like a fairly deep draft having talant at our areas of need. (Centers and RW's)

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014

I think you underestimate him a bit, listen I'm not his biggest fan, but he is a pretty diverse player and saying he doesn't have the intelligence is hard to say since he hasn't played with the most skilled players himself.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Zucker had his best season and scored 33 goals playing with Granlund. I have no idea why anybody would think he wouldn't produce more with McDavid.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zucker had his best season and scored 33 goals playing with Granlund. I have no idea why anybody would think he wouldn't produce more with McDavid.

Because that’s not necessarily how it works.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't think they'd need Zucker to play with McDavid. Leave him and Draisaitl together; they were so freaking dominant.

Zucker would be a massive upgrade on whatever LW would be put with RNH on the 2nd line, which would be just as valuable to them.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
You guys think we'll target Dzingel? I really don't know much about him, but he's listed as a center and look like he broke out a bit this year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
You guys think we'll target Dzingel? I really don't know much about him, but he's listed as a center and look like he broke out a bit this year.
Pretty sure he's been a LW, at least this last season. Not entirely sure how he was used by Ottawa in previous years.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well then that's certainly a no-go then. Don't know why sites dedicated to hockey have a tough time keeping players updated with their correct position.
Yeah, they all think that half the forwards in the league are centers for some reason. I don't know if it's because that's what they were drafted as or what. It's surprisingly hard to figure out where guys have played without following them game-by-game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Moving from the playoff thread to here, that video in the taxi with Duchene and the rest of the Sens at the time has always made me dislike the guy.

I'm sure that type of thing is maybe somewhat common, but it's not a positive on his record.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Moving from the playoff thread to here, that video in the taxi with Duchene and the rest of the Sens at the time has always made me dislike the guy.

I'm sure that type of thing is maybe somewhat common, but it's not a positive on his record.
Coworkers talking shit about the annoying/dumb stuff their bosses do? Didn't bother me in the slightest

Reactions: Spurgeon

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

It wasn't a good look, but I think the exception there was that there was a camera rolling and the driver was willing to put it online. I'd be surprised if similar conversations didn't happen between players (and coaches) all the time.

Locker-room and "character" issues seem to coincide pretty strongly with winning and losing streaks.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
It was mostly the "haven't paid attention in three weeks" comment that gets me.
The part that bothered me was that there were some younger players there and a veteran like Duchene probably should have been a bit less candid with that company.

On the other hand, at least the young players and veterans are getting along?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild11MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad