Player Discussion Poll: Alexander Radulov -Yes or No?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Radulov strikes as the one exception where no matter who the coach is, he's going to require special attention.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Here's a thought, how about not going for some special project this year? Woahh..Crazy thought.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Here's a thought, how about not going for some special project this year? Woahh..Crazy thought.

Not really a special project.. last time he was in the NHL he was near a PPG in both regular season and play-offs.

I'd take Radulov and a one of Okposo or JVR.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We are Habs fans and ours reality is pretty sad, this isn't about "would you like for player X to play for the Habs?" anymore, its do you think player X would be a good fit under Therrien?

This is pretty awkward because -normally- you don't have to worry about how a coach would handle a player that much, but in ours case we do have to worry about it...A lot.

Well not necessarily. Right now it is, but at one point, if Bergevin keeps bringings guys that aren,t do anything here, and then he has to trade them to see them do better elsewhere, he will be force to do something about it. So it's either it works out. Or it's either it's a piece of the puzzle to start dishing Therrien. So you have to try either way.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Not really a special project.. last time he was in the NHL he was near a PPG in both regular season and play-offs.

Well, he was roughly 0.75 PPG, and he was also younger than 30.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Well, you're talking 9 games, and Nashville even opted to scratch him for 2 games in the POs for disciplinary measures. I mean, he couldn't follow protocol for a couple of weeks in the POs??..
Don't get me wrong, I think these protocols are mostly dumb, but I just don't see the fit with Therrien here. It's not going to work.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well, you're talking 9 games, and Nashville even opted to scratch him for 2 games in the POs for disciplinary measures. I mean, he couldn't follow protocol for a couple of weeks in the POs??..
Don't get me wrong, I think these protocols are mostly dumb, but I just don't see the fit with Therrien here. It's not going to work.

No skilled players fit with Therrien.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
His best year (and one of the few) in the NHL:

2007-08 Nashville Predators NHL 81 26 32 58

Look like Plekanec numbers !?!?!?

Looks like Galchenyuk's numbers from this past season if you ask me. The guy was 21 when he put up those numbers, and has gotten stronger physically and better defensively since. Hell, he'd arguably be our best forward if we somehow manage to bring him over at a reasonable price....

...on the other hand, well... MT...:cry::help:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He's a top 10 winger in the entire world. He's worth it. Pacioretty is going to fetch that on a much longer deal, and Radulov > Pacioretty.

He also never scored 30 goals in the NHL and is on the wrong side of 30. The claim that he's a top-10 winger in the world is absolutely baseless.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Looks like Galchenyuk's numbers from this past season if you ask me. The guy was 21 when he put up those numbers, and has gotten stronger physically and better defensively since. Hell, he'd arguably be our best forward if we somehow manage to bring him over at a reasonable price....

...on the other hand, well... MT...:cry::help:

He's also over 30.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Absolute yes. The ****show that is bound to take place every time MT tries to teach him a lesson, would be worth the price of admission. :sarcasm:

mt coukd not work with Briere, Paranteau or Semin so no way this would ever work out. No more reclaimation projects.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
You'd think every Habs fan would have learned from the Semin fiaso... apparently not.

Just because Semin didn't work out we have to stop taking low risk moves that might payoff? Comeback stories happens all the time and with the salary cap era it would be ridiculous to ignore these types of players.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Just because Semin didn't work out we have to stop taking low risk moves that might payoff? Comeback stories happens all the time and with the salary cap era it would be ridiculous to ignore these types of players.

Around 5M is low-risk now?

What about we go out and actually pay the price for a proven player, just for once? It's not like we've acquired any experienced, proven, stable forwards since 2012...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He's also over 30.

He's got about three years. Skill players don't always die at 30. It's around 33 when the cliff really starts approaching. If Radulov doesn't have any injuries that could hinder him, he can last a while. Semin was partially done in by injuries, which accelerated his decline and exit from the league at 31.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad