Darren Dutchyshen - 1966–2024

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Never knew Dutchyshen and Beirness were a long time couple. All the best to her, his 3 children and his mother.

Hadn't a clue either, but while very surprising, it also isn't. I could see them being a couple. Interestingly enough, Kate years ago was rocking an engagement ring, then wasn't. Dutchy a wedding band, then wasn't.

Also explains why it feels like Beirness has barely been around the last few years. Between her usually doing the highlight packs, to Raptors games, to other coverages, I questioned at times if she was even with the station still with how little air time she seemingly had.

Reactions: CanMerc

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
One of the absolute best to ever do it. So many memories of Dutchy. Thank you so much for everything. Rest in peace.

f*** cancer.

Reactions: CanMerc

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This is so sad and strange. I grew up watching him on TSN. I had to double check as I thought this was a birthday thread or to celebrate his career. Can't believe he's gone.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This board doesn’t agree with much but it’s pretty evident we all know we lost a broadcast legend.
RIP Dutch

Reactions: Craig Ludwig

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
In my opinion he and Rod Smith were the best TSN anchor pairing.

I remember those days. Does rod Smith still work on tsn? Other than that I suppose the other personality left from my childhood on tsn is vic rauter.... unless I'm forgetting someone.

Oh gino Reda too.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I remember those days. Does rod Smith still work on tsn? Other than that I suppose the other personality left from my childhood on tsn is vic rauter.... unless I'm forgetting someone.

Oh gino Reda too.
Yes, but he isn't on nearly as much as he used to be. He narrated TSN's tribute to Dutchyshen and was brought in to tell some stories after.

Reactions: njdevils1982

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Best sports anchor that Canada has produced.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Loved him on the Kraft hockeyville tours across Canada . Good ole Sask boy .

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Dutchie was a character and loved by a lot of people in the industry; he will be missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad