Player Discussion Poll: Alexander Radulov -Yes or No?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The Habs are in a pretty sad situation.

First, there's no way Bergevin puts a good offer on the table for Radulov. He's all nickel and dimes when it comes to skilled players, even those already with us: Patches (we're lucky he signed that contract), Subban, Galchenyuk.

Secondly, in the eventuality that, say, Molson forces Bergevin to acquire some skill and we thus put the best offer on the table... There's no chance Radulov signs it. Word goes around the league that we're a defense-first team coached by a moron who plays favorites. Any time you score some goals, you get 'promoted' to DD's line... :rant:

So there's actually two pretty big obstacles to us acquiring talented players.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He's going to Colorado.

I voted no because the Habs don't have the money and we all know MB won't be able to move DD.

koko

Apr 25, 2016
Hi guys,

long time lurker here, finally decided to open my account.

I would love to have Radulov on this team. He's definitely the top-six player we need; he'll bump down Gallagher to the 2nd line.

That said, I met over the week-end with my high school buddy Ilya Ejov (played as back-up for SKA before signing with Togliatti).

Here's the convo we had in two parts:

About Radulov: He's a great player but also a party animal. His off-ice antics doesn't affect his play (like per se Kostityn) but unless he calms down, he simply doesn't see it happening with Bergevin and Therrien's more character!

About Shipachev: greatly surprised about the rumour of the Habs being frontrunners, of there even being rumours of him leaving the KHL. He's the type of Russian that thinks St-Petersburg is the greatest city in the world and pro-Russia to the bone.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
About Shipachev: greatly surprised about the rumour of the Habs being frontrunners, of there even being rumours of him leaving the KHL. He's the type of Russian that thinks St-Petersburg is the greatest city in the world and pro-Russia to the bone.

Yeah, the rumor is probably bogus voodoo conjured by the will to inflate his next contract's value. ;)

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Considering goal scoring has been an issue for a long time, I'm very surprised that option 1 & 4 are winning by a landslide. Radulov instantly becomes a top 3 creative player on the roster and arguably the most talented forward. If Therrien wasn't the coach, would your opinions change?

he's a locker room cancer and has a horrific attitude...is it worth it ?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
If the 5$ lottery ticket didn't work, time to step up and get a 20$ lottery ticket.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's going to Colorado.

Apparently Colorado is off the list:

Now for what he allegedly is looking for ... well, Montreal is a safe, family-oriented city. Contending team, huh?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Perron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Eller - Andrighetto
Lessio - Mitchell - Danault
Flynn, Matteau

Campbell/Goligoski/Russell/Dekeyser - Subban
Markov - Petry
Pateryn - Nygren
Barberio

Price
Condon

Emelin and DD for whatever.
Just give us the cup.

Apparently Colorado is off the list:

Now for what he allegedly is looking for ... well, Montreal is a safe, family-oriented city. Contending team, huh?

With Radulov, we definitely are a strong team in the east.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He's a star in the SHL. If he ever wants to come back, I have no doubt he could slot on the third pair and 2nd PP.

Well, there's that thing : if we're to sign an SHL star, I'd rather sign the guy who wouldn't be playing 3rd pairing minutes behind Subban and Petry and displace Pateryn when we kinda need what Pateryn brings.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Any chance Radulov will call Sekac and Semin about MT? ;)

It's not like he's a guy born in 1876. Montreal will be scratched off his list immediately. The money sucks. We aren't real contenders, and family? He better watch out for the MB TRADE.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I actually wondered what was the worst :
- Nygren's inculsion
- Beaulieu's exclusion (for a mystery player or Pateryn on his off-side no less)
- Lehkonen nowhere.

Oopsie, my mind was still at work :laugh:

Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn/Nygren
Pateryn/Nygren, Barberio

Lehkonen is in the AHL getting used to NA ice.

If we sign no top6 LW, Scherbak/Hudon/Lehkonen/McCarron/DLR fights for a third line spot.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Oopsie, my mind was still at work :laugh:

Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn/Nygren
Pateryn/Nygren, Barberio

Lehkonen is in the AHL getting used to NA ice.

If we sign no top6 LW, Scherbak/Hudon/Lehkonen/McCarron/DLR fights for a third line spot.

... I don't think Lehkonen accepts to sign if he has to spend time in the AHL, but that's just me.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
... I don't think Lehkonen accepts to sign if he has to spend time in the AHL, but that's just me.

I know he had very very impressive POs, but unless he proves to be already better on NA ice than Carr and Andrighetto, he should spend some time down. He's still a kid, it's not like he's some 29 years veteran like Shipachyov or Radulov.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Then he won't play in the NHL.

He's a star in the SHL. If he ever wants to come back, I have no doubt he could slot on the third pair and 2nd PP.

The SHL is a B league + Nygren would have to sign his qualifier to play for the habs and accept battling for a roster spot, which I doubt he ever accepts compared to what he can make in said B league

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
should we sign him, roster-need wise?

Absolutely.

should we sign him with MT behind the bench and his personal guarantor in the GM chair?

Absolutely not.

AT one point, it shouldn't matter. If you always give players that Therrien will love, he'll stay. Give Therrien players that will make him mad so he'd lose his job.

I want Radulov.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
AT one point, it shouldn't matter. If you always give players that Therrien will love, he'll stay. Give Therrien players that will make him mad so he'd lose his job.

I want Radulov.

133r4r.jpg

It's a hit, it's a hit, it's a hit!!! :sarcasm:

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
For sure, at any cost. Let's sign him then run him out of town. Ya know, the Foxhole way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad