Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I didn't like BW/BW2 much when it first came out but these games have aged really well. Can't wait until they botch the remake like BDSP.

Playing the old games and rom hacks made me realize the franchise has been going downhill ever since 3D.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I didn't like BW/BW2 much when it first came out but these games have aged really well. Can't wait until they botch the remake like BDSP.

Playing the old games and rom hacks made me realize the franchise has been going downhill ever since 3D.
Never played that game so looking forward to remakes!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think its the best overall game, if that makes sense. Less content and the catching isn't for everyone - but you seemed to like PLA and the catching was unique there too - but as a game there isn't really much to complain about.
IMO, Let's Go was the most fun I have had playing a pokemon game in years.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
The Mewtwo raid is ridiculously difficult. Pretty much have to have a full team of specially built Mews in order to beat it. Managed to do it today with 3 random players that knew the strategy, it was actually pretty fun. Put my Mewtwo in a beast ball.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The Mewtwo raid is ridiculously difficult. Pretty much have to have a full team of specially built Mews in order to beat it. Managed to do it today with 3 random players that knew the strategy, it was actually pretty fun. Put my Mewtwo in a beast ball.
I gave up after a bit yesterday. I’ll give it another shot today. I’ve been trying to run a support Mew with bug Tera type with Light Screen, Pollen Puff, Acid Spray, and Misty Terrain. I’ve been getting stuck with weird randoms that bring a Leafeon that did not seem like it was level 100 or mews that aren’t level 100. Been really rough when it’s only me that doesn’t die by one hit. I’ll try again today though. Figured I just was on at a weird time.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I gave up after a bit yesterday. I’ll give it another shot today. I’ve been trying to run a support Mew with bug Tera type with Light Screen, Pollen Puff, Acid Spray, and Misty Terrain. I’ve been getting stuck with weird randoms that bring a Leafeon that did not seem like it was level 100 or mews that aren’t level 100. Been really rough when it’s only me that doesn’t die by one hit. I’ll try again today though. Figured I just was on at a weird time.
Yeah, the only way to beat it is with a full group of Mew, I think. I just followed this guide and brought a support Mew:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Tera shard farming system is so stupid. I decided to try the mewtwo raid and understood from what I read here that it's only doable with a full team of Mews. So I grabbed my mystery gift mew and immediately built it for raiding with everything except the bug Tera type. Tried the raid, I was the only one who didn't Terastylize to bug type...becaysw I couldn't. Our raid party had mewtwo down to maybe three hits before the timer ran out. So it was definitely my fault the run failed and I felt really bad. Don't have much time this weekend to farm the 33 bug type shards I need so I guess I'm missing this one.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
The Tera shard farming system is so stupid. I decided to try the mewtwo raid and understood from what I read here that it's only doable with a full team of Mews. So I grabbed my mystery gift mew and immediately built it for raiding with everything except the bug Tera type. Tried the raid, I was the only one who didn't Terastylize to bug type...becaysw I couldn't. Our raid party had mewtwo down to maybe three hits before the timer ran out. So it was definitely my fault the run failed and I felt really bad. Don't have much time this weekend to farm the 33 bug type shards I need so I guess I'm missing this one.
You should be able to do it without the bug tera as a support, I never tera mine. If you're an attacking Mew then you do need it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You should be able to do it without the bug tera as a support, I never tera mine. If you're an attacking Mew then you do need it.
Lol learned that the hard way cause I still insisted on grinding out the shards which wasn't that bad. I beat Mewtwo and forgot to save so I gotta do it again.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Anyone check out the DLC today?
Just finishing up the Dex for it now. It’s more of the same which I like but it sounds like the next one is the big one (similar to Sword and Shield). If you aren’t a big Pokémon fan it’s definitely skippable but I mean it’s a fun little time killer. New land to explore. Some fun little surprises.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
for those that play PoGo, what level are you?

Been playing since the release date and I am halfway to 50. Can't wait to take a break after hitting it honestly. It is such a grind catching everything and evolving when no raids exist in my neighborhood.

Although, experiencing GoFest New York was really fun. But holy shit after that weekend I took a week-long break lol

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
for those that play PoGo, what level are you?

Been playing since the release date and I am halfway to 50. Can't wait to take a break after hitting it honestly. It is such a grind catching everything and evolving when no raids exist in my neighborhood.

Although, experiencing GoFest New York was really fun. But holy shit after that weekend I took a week-long break lol

I'm approaching 40 but I haven't been playing much.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I put 100 hours into Scarlet since release, never saw a single shiny. Even with shiny charm, sandwiches, Masuda, still never saw one.

Last week I finally got a shiny Snorunt. Five days later I got another shiny Snorunt. On Sunday I got three shinies in a day - Rookiedee, Ekans, and Noibat - and I only used a sandwich on one of them. The other shinies were all random overworld encounters while I was doing other things.

I legit didn't even see the shiny Ekans because it's green and blended into the grass. I actually thought it was a rendering issue where I ran into an invisible encounter because of how slow and laggy the game is.

Really enjoyed the DLC. Ogerpon is adorable, Carmine and Kieran are interesting characters, there's at least some semblance of a story. I liked it. Didn't love the design of the Loyal Three, but it makes sense in context of the storypokedex. I wish the new pokedex had a few more returning pokemon but the ones they brought back were all good choices.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I ended up getting the DLC and have enjoyed it so far. Taking my time to catch everything new to the Pokédex.

I have also been doing a lot of surprise trading and through that have received a lot of past gen starters. None of them have added to the poked and I'm wondering if I missed getting a national dex update? Or maybe the older one's aren't in the Pokédex at all? Does anyone know.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So it's kind of nice that the expansion is trying to be more story drive, but it really shows how badly this series needs voice acting.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I put 100 hours into Scarlet since release, never saw a single shiny. Even with shiny charm, sandwiches, Masuda, still never saw one.

Last week I finally got a shiny Snorunt. Five days later I got another shiny Snorunt. On Sunday I got three shinies in a day - Rookiedee, Ekans, and Noibat - and I only used a sandwich on one of them. The other shinies were all random overworld encounters while I was doing other things.

I legit didn't even see the shiny Ekans because it's green and blended into the grass. I actually thought it was a rendering issue where I ran into an invisible encounter because of how slow and laggy the game is.

Really enjoyed the DLC. Ogerpon is adorable, Carmine and Kieran are interesting characters, there's at least some semblance of a story. I liked it. Didn't love the design of the Loyal Three, but it makes sense in context of the storypokedex. I wish the new pokedex had a few more returning pokemon but the ones they brought back were all good choices.
Damn really? I got back in with the new update and got three shinies trying to do mass outbreak grinding (never the one I was chasing though) probably a grand total of 3 hours. That's some bad luck.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I ended up getting the DLC and have enjoyed it so far. Taking my time to catch everything new to the Pokédex.

I have also been doing a lot of surprise trading and through that have received a lot of past gen starters. None of them have added to the poked and I'm wondering if I missed getting a national dex update? Or maybe the older one's aren't in the Pokédex at all? Does anyone know.
Not missing anything. You don’t need to do any of the 7 star raids to complete the dex and the past gen starts (along with a few others) had to be obtained that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad