Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Go to Reddit and pokemontrades. They’ve helped me complete some of my Pokédex. I’d love to help you but I have scarlet
they wanted me to make ten trades thru that reddit before i could offer a shiny. true reddit moment

dating apps ended up being more useful no joke lol. completed my dex and even got a waking wake

tho if anyone has an urshifu or incineroar they dont need im still looking 👀

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
they wanted me to make ten trades thru that reddit before i could offer a shiny. true reddit moment

dating apps ended up being more useful no joke lol. completed my dex and even got a waking wake

tho if anyone has an urshifu or incineroar they dont need im still looking 👀
Yeah that’s the only thing I hate about trying to trade for shinny. Any chance you might have Pokémon sword and can help me out with Mawile?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Legends Z? Looks like a modern setting so not Johto but they opened the teaser with the Unown and I remember that from the Gold/Silver games on Gameboy?

People who know more than me said Kalos(?)

Yeah that’s the only thing I hate about trying to trade for shinny. Any chance you might have Pokémon sword and can help me out with Mawile?
I can check and add you at some point this weekend if you're still searching as I tend to get the double packs for family. I'm not sure if I have a Mawile but I can go looking for one and trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apex Predator

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
A Legends game in Kalos is NOT something I expected. I was sure the next one was gonna be an Unova or Johto based one.

Not complaining about Megas being back, though.

Reactions: Gecklund

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Legends Z? Looks like a modern setting so not Johto but they opened the teaser with the Unown and I remember that from the Gold/Silver games on Gameboy?

People who know more than me said Kalos(?)

I can check and add you at some point this weekend if you're still searching as I tend to get the double packs for family. I'm not sure if I have a Mawile but I can go looking for one and trade.
DM if you have one and I’d appreciate it!

Also was hoping for a gen 2 remake or legends game since gen 2 is my favorite game and I grew up with gen 1/2.

I have never played gen 5 through 7 as that is when I took a break from Pokemon. I am excited about this legends game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They really didn't give us much today.... I'm excited for another take on the Legends formula though.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
They really didn't give us much today.... I'm excited for another take on the Legends formula though.

It was a super short one. They blazed through the typical - Pokemon GO, Masters EX, Unite, Sleep, Cafe, etc... and plowed right into their new mobile card game and then Legends Z.

I wonder if they cut content for some reason or if they were focused on something big that was supposed to take up longer but they couldn't make the Pokemon Day deadline? Maybe the Legends Z trailer was supposed to be longer with some gameplay but they backed off on showing it? Maybe there's another game in development they were hoping to put in there? Or maybe I'm full of shit and a 12 minute presents isn't that unusual?

Reactions: robertmac43

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I have never played BW so I have no nostalgia for those games, but it is weird that Unova just got completely neglected.

But another no show for the Game Boy games... Come on Game Freak. It's the easiest tap-in ever and you don't even have to do anything.

Reactions: Knave

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Day deadline? Maybe the Legends Z trailer was supposed to be longer with some gameplay but they backed off on showing it? Maybe there's another game in development they were hoping to put in there? Or maybe I'm full of shit and a 12 minute presents isn't that unusual?
If there is another game in development, my guess is it won't be out until the Switch 2 at this point. Unless they have 2 games for 2025.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I'm actually excited for a Legends game set in Kalos. I LOVE gen 6, and I really miss mega evolution. I probably would have passed on a gen 5 remake since I just personally don't like gen 5 at all, but this will get me to spend money.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I have never played BW so I have no nostalgia for those games, but it is weird that Unova just got completely neglected.

But another no show for the Game Boy games... Come on Game Freak. It's the easiest tap-in ever and you don't even have to do anything.
Part of me is glad, there was no way Gamefreak wouldn’t botch the BW remake. Back to my emulator for this game.

I grew to love mega evolutions in recent years as recent gimmicks were so boring to me. I’m glad they’re at least taking the time with this and releasing it in 2025 and not rushing it for this year.

Reactions: robertmac43

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Nintendo and Pokemon are making a point to say Legends Z takes place entirely in Lumiose City. I'm nervous about this because it requires careful planning of the scale of the city and one of the easy checkmarks any game can have is a large and diverse map especially with a collecting game like Pokemon where you'll see different habitats for different Pokemon. With a smart, dedicated and experience team you can definitely pull off a city map. But I'm skeptical even taking into consideration they could make the city smaller, have open fields the city will grow into, set it in pre-industrial times. Cities don't typically have multiple climates.

In terms of the card game - depending on how much money it costs and what they allow people to do it could be interesting. Imagine getting a cool card like they showcased with Pikachu and making that your phone wallpaper or something.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Never payed Pokémon X and Y but how big was Lumiose city? Seems weird to make the game only in one city unless there is going to be lots of open land before other towns existed.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Is it confirmed only in the one City? Or is that just the Hub and then players travel out from there?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

Did you still need a regular Mawile? I got a hold of my Switch Lite and there's an account with Sword one it that has a level 59 Mawile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad