Pokemon Thread #19: Pokemon Go! Step aside for now S&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Do the Mew newsletter codes stack with the earlier EB/Gamestop giveaway? I want to say that they don't, that if you got a code card in February, you can't also use a newsletter code now.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
that is correct

K, then I may have some extra Mew codes if anyone needs one. It depends on if my extra e-mail registrations went through early enough. I will need 1 code to complete my full set of games, and then I could have up to 3 or 4 extras.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Finally started to clean out my PC boxes today. It's really amazing how much space there is after releasing every Zigzagoon/Poochyena/Magikarp I've ever received over WT.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
[spoil]Lunala weak af to Dark

Solgaleo at least with that clean Bronzong typing[/spoil]

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
[spoil]How are they gonna give us 8 gyms? Those 4 islands still look kinda small

Maybe we go back to another region?!![/spoil]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil]Lunala weak af to Dark

Solgaleo at least with that clean Bronzong typing[/spoil]
[spoil]I have a reason to think Shadow Shield might reduce dark and ghost types damages taken... I mean, the name makes sense regarding this.[/spoil]

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
[spoil]I have a reason to think Shadow Shield might reduce dark and ghost types damages taken... I mean, the name makes sense regarding this.[/spoil]

[spoil]True, that would make lots of sense

The battle interface looks soooooooo clean omg, I love it. So fluid and gorgeous[/spoil]

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
[spoil]Legendary signature moves disregard abilities like Sturdy

OMG that is power

Also Lunala's ability is basically Multiscale[/spoil]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil]True, that would make lots of sense

The battle interface looks soooooooo clean omg, I love it. So fluid and gorgeous[/spoil]
[spoil]Actually, they explain the abilities on the website. Basically Clear Body and Multiscale.
[spoil]Lunala’s Ability is Shadow Shield, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Shadow Shield Ability, a Pokémon will take less damage from an attack that lands when the Pokémon has full HP.
Solgaleo’s Ability is Full Metal Body, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Full Metal Body Ability, a Pokémon’s stats will not be lowered by the effects of an opponent’s moves or Ability.[/spoil]
I wish they would have went further with this since they're legendary. I really think Shadow Shield either being a thick fat for Dark/Ghost types moves, or a Fur Coat for Special moves, would have been better.
Regarding Full Metal Body, I wish it actually REFLECTED the stat lowering to the foe(s). Send Landorus-T against Solgaleo? Intimidate would be reflected against Landorus-T. Same with moves lowering stats.[/spoil]

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
[spoil]Actually, they explain the abilities on the website.

I wish they would have went further with this since they're legendary. I really think Shadow Shield either being a thick fat for Dark/Ghost types moves, or a Fur Coat for Special moves, would have been better.
Regarding Full Metal Body, I wish it actually REFLECTED the stat lowering to the foe(s). Send Landorus-T against Solgaleo? Intimidate would be reflected against Landorus-T. Same with moves lowering stats.[/spoil]

[spoil]Hahaha that would be so powerful. Reflecting stat changes? Like a stat change Magic Bounce. That would be cool af.

It's kinda disingenuous to say these abilities have "never been seen before" lol it's basically Clear Body and Multiscale with different names[/spoil]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil]Legendary signature moves disregard abilities like Sturdy

OMG that is power

Also Lunala's ability is basically Multiscale[/spoil]
[spoil]Yeah I like the moves concepts.

Part of me is wishing for dual type moves - ala Flying Press. Fire/Steel for Solgaleo's move, and Ghost/Fairy for Lunala. But that won't happen. Or at least second forms to these legendaries with those typings... But that won't happen either.[/spoil]

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
[spoil]Yeah I like the moves concepts.

Part of me is wishing for dual type moves - ala Flying Press. Fire/Steel for Solgaleo's move, and Ghost/Fairy for Lunala. But that won't happen. Or at least second forms to these legendaries with those typings... But that won't happen either.[/spoil]

[spoil]I thought the same thing tbh, Sunsteel Strike literally looks and sounds like a Steel/Fire move. RIP Skarmory if it is in fact Fire type lol

Moongeist Strike sounds like a mix of Ghost/Fairy as well, which would be good for... umm I dunno what rofl[/spoil]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil][spoil]The Pokédex is a convenient tool that records information about the Pokémon you see and catch during your adventure. In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, your character receives a special Pokédex from Professor Kukui to support you in your travels. It's known as the Rotom Pokédex, and it's inhabited by Rotom, a Pokémon with the power to reside in various electronic appliances. It does much more than record Pokémon info—it sparkles with its own personality. The Rotom Pokédex shows your current location and your next destination, and it also gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others! It's likely to be of great help to you in many parts of your adventure.[/spoil]
I don't want to sound too optimistic... but sidequests finally?!?!?![/spoil]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil]I thought the same thing tbh, Sunsteel Strike literally looks and sounds like a Steel/Fire move. RIP Skarmory if it is in fact Fire type lol

Moongeist Strike sounds like a mix of Ghost/Fairy as well, which would be good for... umm I dunno what rofl[/spoil]
[spoil]OHKOing Giratina. :sarcasm:[/spoil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad