Pokemon Thread #19: Pokemon Go! Step aside for now S&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I actually think that they have done a good job of simplifying the breeding process with the destiny knot, everstone, and power items. The power items actually do ensure that one specific IV is passed down, but then you're stuck without one of either the destiny knot or everstone.

Verlisify is calling out all types of Genning. But his argument isn't really what I have an issue with, it's his method of arguing. You can even see it in the posted Twitter conversation that Wolfe provided. It starts fairly civil, but by the end Verlis is getting accusatory and Wolfe decides to drop it because he recognizes that the argument is circular and neither are going to change the others mind. Then Verlis decides to take this conversation and publicly call out Wolfe in an unfair manner, and then gets even more accusatory and hateful when Wolfe took offense to this private conversation being made public. He escalated the conversation to a point that it never need to get to, when his "opponent" tried to disengage.

And Wolfe isn't even advocating or admitting to cheating/ genning. He's saying that it isn't worth a public witch hunt because the people doing it aren't hurting anyone. That doesn't seem like an unfair stance to take. To me it seems like Verlisify is just trying to stir up drama for no real good reason, since he seems to really thrive on the attention. He's actually continued to attack Wolfe today, despite Wolfe not saying anything since he posted his video.
Forgot about the power items. Not the most knowledgeable breeder that I am (the only tree breeding I've done is for my DDance Fera). Nevermind then.

Still think it should be made easier and faster. There's no point in breeding taking that long to get something even just close to what you want, and it's just not fun to spend hours hatching dozens, maybe hundreds of eggs.

Anyways, Verli is a clown. Just look at the dudes face. He looks like an evil tiny goblin

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Forgot about the power items. Not the most knowledgeable breeder that I am (the only tree breeding I've done is for my DDance Fera). Nevermind then.

Still think it should be made easier and faster. There's no point in breeding taking that long to get something even just close to what you want, and it's just not fun to spend hours hatching dozens, maybe hundreds of eggs.
Yeah, it can be an annoying process for sure, but I generally enjoy it quite a bit. It is the resetting for legendary Pokemon with good IVs that drives me crazy.

I voted Litten in the poll, but that is subject to change.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Popplio is obviously the best, Rowlett looks cool too but I don't like the pill beak.

Litten looks like something an angsty 12 year old would draw during 5th period Social Studies and then post to his Deviant Art account and brag about on Reddit.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Popplio is obviously the best, Rowlett looks cool too but I don't like the pill beak.

Litten looks like something an angsty 12 year old would draw during 5th period Social Studies and then post to his Deviant Art account and brag about on Reddit.
Haha that's a good description. I'm mostly taking it because I think overall it has the most potential for it's evolutions.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The Internet is serious business.

I enjoy my LP'ers like Nappy and Shady but don't venture too far out from that.

I watch less LPs than I used to. I'd rather watch competitive stuff like Showdown or GBA or league stuff.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Yeah, it can be an annoying process for sure, but I generally enjoy it quite a bit. It is the resetting for legendary Pokemon with good IVs that drives me crazy.

I voted Litten in the poll, but that is subject to change.
I don't think it's fun walking in circles for hours waiting for an egg to hatch a Pokémon with both the desired nature and IVs, personnally.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Someone fill me in on this feud, I have no idea who these ppl are.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Someone fill me in on this feud, I have no idea who these ppl are.
Verlisify is one of the bigger Pokemon youtube guys who like to stir up drama. Wolfey Glick is a VGC Worlds competitor that has a really small youtube channel he started really recently. The other day Verlisify asked people on his twitter to identify known VGC cheaters so that he and his fans could go after them. Wolfe didn't like this witch hunt mentality and challenged Verlisify on how this type of action didn't seem necessary. Verlisify used this personal conversation to youtube and used it to bash Wolfe publicly, calling him a cheater. Wolfe released his own video along with the entire conversation to get his side of the story out. Verlisify has continued to bash Wolfe despite the fact that Wolfe hasn't said anything since he posted his video.

Overall a lot of stupid childish drama. If it wasn't Wolfe that Verlisify was attacking I wouldn't even pay attention. But Wolfe is a highly respected competitor and seems like a really nice person, who seems to just want this to all go away, so I feel bad for him.

At this point I think the only Pokemon youtuber that Verlisify gets along with is aDrive. I think even Cybertron had a run in with him.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Verlisify is one of the bigger Pokemon youtube guys who like to stir up drama. Wolfey Glick is a VGC Worlds competitor that has a really small youtube channel he started really recently. The other day Verlisify asked people on his twitter to identify known VGC cheaters so that he and his fans could go after them. Wolfe didn't like this witch hunt mentality and challenged Verlisify on how this type of action didn't seem necessary. Verlisify used this personal conversation to youtube and used it to bash Wolfe publicly, calling him a cheater. Wolfe released his own video along with the entire conversation to get his side of the story out. Verlisify has continued to bash Wolfe despite the fact that Wolfe hasn't said anything since he posted his video.

Overall a lot of stupid childish drama. If it wasn't Wolfe that Verlisify was attacking I wouldn't even pay attention. But Wolfe is a highly respected competitor and seems like a really nice person, who seems to just want this to all go away, so I feel bad for him.

At this point I think the only Pokemon youtuber that Verlisify gets along with is aDrive. I think even Cybertron had a run in with him.
Thanks, I didn't realize I was back in Middle School! It's kinda funny

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Seems that way. Kind of funny since aDrive pretty openly gens mons for his leagues but I guess he's let off the hook, for some reason. Hypocritical Verlisify.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Part of me wants to Masuda for a shiny Haxorus.

The other part of me wants to save my sanity for something else.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
That'd be cool with me.
Cool. If anyone else wants to join in feel free. I'm sure I have a decent giveaway for the winner, I'll check when I'm home.

Not sure what I'll go for yet.

Also, Manaphy giveaway should be live soon.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Cool. If anyone else wants to join in feel free. I'm sure I have a decent giveaway for the winner, I'll check when I'm home.

Not sure what I'll go for yet.

Also, Manaphy giveaway should be live soon.

Thank god! I've been wanting a Manaphy for so long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad