Pokemon Thread #19: Pokemon Go! Step aside for now S&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Someone I know said the game came out in Japan today?

So, if true, that explains the servers being down.

Also, pokevision doesn't work :(

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Poodlecorp, the hacker group claims they're responsible through ddos attacks. Given how unstable the servers are by default I really don't doubt that they might have had something to do with it.

Along with the Japan release of course.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
i was able to log on i caught 5 pokemon then it died on me

how am i supposed to evolve my pokemon now??? what the **** niantic

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
QUICK MOD NOTE HEADS UP:

This thread is less than 20 posts away from 1000 and the mandatory lock/new thread.

When that happens, we are going to SPLIT DISCUSSION INTO TWO THREADS - One will be specifically for Pokemon Go and the other will basically be for everything else that's Pokemon related, pretty much like this thread was before Go was launched.

Since Sun/Moon are scheduled to come out in a few short months there's going to be more release info related to that. Also when the calendar rolls over to August it will be the next release of giveaway legendary pokemon for the 3DS games, and we don't want people who only play Go to be confused by any of that discussion or other game discussion (XY, ORAS, etc) that doesn't relate to Go at all. And we also want that non-Go discussion to not risk being drowned out by the flood of Go-specific posts that are happening because of the game's popularity. This is the best way to keep everyone happy.

If down the line Go's popularity dies down and can't sustain a thread on its own, we'll recombine them. But in the mean time, we'd like to keep the discussion separated.

Thanks.

This thread will be shutting down in like 15-18 posts (it was somewhere around there when I started typing.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yup, Arceus. I imagine that will run out very fast.

I have like Monday-Wednesday off that first week of August, so I plan on making the rounds early to secure my codes. I already have like 3 Arceus from giveaways during the original DS era, but not ones that I can set IVs for like these.

That said, I still have to use the next 11 days or so to churn through all the giveaways I have backed up and waiting for collection over the last few months. Including several Darkrai, the XY Trio, Manaphy, Shaymin, the newsletter Kanto birds, and my extra Mew.

I'm also a little surprised that there hasn't been another delayed newletter giveaway like there was for Mew. I kind of figured that they might do newsletter giveaways for each of the code-card mons because of scarcity or availability.

EDIT: It's posts like this which I expect to confuse the hell out of the people who are only getting back into the franchise via Go. :laugh:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
It's back!! :scared:

Has anyone been playing while the servers went down? Does the game crash? Do you walk around aimlessly with no Pokemon coming up?

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
There's about 3 EBs right close to where I work. I'm debating if I should just test my luck with one or try to get more to help people out here. Considering the close proximity, I should be able to get them just fine barring any associates pulling the "YA GOTTA BUY SOMETHING" card.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There's about 3 EBs right close to where I work. I'm debating if I should just test my luck with one or try to get more to help people out here. Considering the close proximity, I should be able to get them just fine barring any associates pulling the "YA GOTTA BUY SOMETHING" card.

I've never had anyone try to dupe me into buying something (you can just tell them that's not true anyway), but for the Darkrai cards it was the first time I ever had any store tell me that they were limiting to 1 per customer. There are 2 EBs right close to my home, plus another one that's pretty nearby on my usual commute. Anything else takes a bit of a diversion, but there are a couple that offer nice opportunities to go out and get something to eat nearby.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Some brave soul at my Resort used a lure module at one of the stops here. So many people around the area. Got a Dratini out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad