Pokemon Thread #19: Pokemon Go! Step aside for now S&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Did you do system transfer or move the SD card from one 3DS to another? I ask because the games within your SD card have a unique identifier that works only in ONE console (which has the original information). Also do you have an SD or MicroSD?

I have a 2DS and no. My pokemon game has only been used in the 2DS I recently bought. As for the Mario Kart game, I downloaded it with a code I received when I bought the console and the game is gone as well.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil]Just realized there's no substance to my dual type idea for the signature moves because Sunsteel Strike hits Salamence for neutral damage, whereas it would be not very effective if it were part dragon.

Anyways, thought I'd do some "math" to get an estimate of the two legendaries. Let me assume no boosting was done.

First off, Solgaleo. After doing some math, assuming Sunsteel Strike is a 100 BP move (seems to be that way with most legendary signature offensive moves - see Psystrike, Sacred Fire, Aeroblast, Spacial Rend, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt), I'm going to predict the following base stats :
- HP : 115 to 135
- ATK : 110 to 130
- SPE : 95 to 115
For Lunala, we can only predict its speed, knowing it can outspeed Gengar. More far stretched, but I'll asume that both have the same HP, but that overall Lunala is frailer due to it being faster, I'd guess.
- HP : 115 to 135
- SPATK : 110 to 130
- SPE : 105 to 125
Two other things that I'm going to assume true is that Solgaleo's SPATK will be Lunala's ATK and vice versa. Also, I'm going to assume 700 BST. Let's say we take the means of those predictions. After some very randomm far stretched prediction, and deciding that Lunala's HP could be lower finally I decide that my estimations would be :
Solgaleo : 125/120/120/115/115/100
Lunala : 115/105/100/140/120/120
[/spoil]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
There types are rather odd considering the theme of sun and moon. They must have another form or a mega/primal evolution.
It's actually not that odd.
[spoil]Apparently, some people are saying that these legendaries are based on alchemy. In alchemy, there's this mythical creature : https://i.reddituploads.com/15cd8d130cc04d0888c73f0424dde810?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&
It apparently symbolizes the purification of metal - hence Pure Metal Body as it's ability. Sure, it was unexpected, but not odd, IMO.
The Ghost type for Lunala isn't weird at all - everybody literally banked on a combination of ghost/dark/fairy/psychic/flying. So yes, it is indeed x4 weak to dark and ghost type moves, which might appear odd for something representing the moon.
It seems however that they made both legendary weak to the "types" everyone thought they would represent. I can't really explain why, though, except maybe for lunala that since the moon reflects light, it is "broken" by darkness and stuff.

The psychic type was obvious for both. Psychic has always been the "cosmic" type in Pokémon, plus they have that thing on their head.

Let's also not forget that the 3rd legendary is rumored to be named Marshadow. I could definitely see it being a Dark/something type, representing Mars and/or Solar/Lunar eclipses, which would make it strong against both Solgaleo and Lunala. I know Zygarde was the opposite (Yveltal immune to Ground, Xerneas immune to Dragon), but with the name Marshadow, that makes sense imo.

That said, I'm not saying they shouldn't have a 2nd form if holding a certain item or after changing their form somewhere. For instance, Solgaleo could become Steel/Fire or Psychic/Fire with that second form, while Lunala could become Ghost/[Ice or Fairy] or Psychic/[Ice or Fairy]. If that were true, I'd prefer Psychic/Fire and Psychic/Ice, to keep the theme and the duality with the hot sun and the cold moon.
However, I could definitely see Marshadow either being Dark/Psychic, or Dark/Ice, too.[/spoil]

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't mean to be cross or rude, but are spoiler tags necessary for discussion on their types? Felt like we didn't use them for the starters.

I was wondering the same thing :laugh: The games aren't even out yet, it's just pure speculation, how can there be spoilers.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
there are people that don't even want to know anything
Yeah that's why I'm spoiling everything.
and I'm sitting here looking at the map trying to figure out where the 8 gyms are
There are two that I'm sure of on the top right island. The thing on the icy mountain is most likely the Victory Road + Elite 4. The middle artificial island might be some kind of battle frontier/resort.

My guess is that some buildings are obviously not shown.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
b44845a161a412b72f62b367b6722144.png

Rowlett is last place???

13.gif

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
there are people that don't even want to know anything

I get that, but we have a poll on the starters and their details freely thrown about. We have the map of the new region freely in the thread too.

The legendaries are on the cover. Don't see the big deal with talking about their types.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
2 quick things:

1) Rangers, did you want/need any more eggs for your egglocke? I have 6 that I'm like halfway through breeding if you need anything else.

2) Afino, a while back I promised you a shiny Mareep because you wanted a shiny Ampharos. Did you still need it? I had forgotten until today when I was going through my bank and then went and looked up the old threads on here to see who I said I was going to give it to.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
2 quick things:

1) Rangers, did you want/need any more eggs for your egglocke? I have 6 that I'm like halfway through breeding if you need anything else.

2) Afino, a while back I promised you a shiny Mareep because you wanted a shiny Ampharos. Did you still need it? I had forgotten until today when I was going through my bank and then went and looked up the old threads on here to see who I said I was going to give it to.

yeah man, I'll still take it

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

ok. I have a bunch of stuff to get done this afternoon before I'll be able to sit down and finish the breeding work, but I hope to be done by the time the game is over tonight.

yeah man, I'll still take it

sure. I should probably be at home and available later this afternoon and into this evening. At some point. Or I should be available tomorrow too probably.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Some more SM trailer discussion

[spoil]Rotom-Dex really just looks like DexNav2.0 to me. And that's not a bad thing. I think anything more is looking too far into it. It's certainly possible that Rotom might be able to communicate with you in order to hear a certain 'mon's cry or something. Or tell you how happy they are traveling with you, etc.[/spoil]

May 27, 2012
Earth
Some more SM trailer discussion

[spoil]Rotom-Dex really just looks like DexNav2.0 to me. And that's not a bad thing. I think anything more is looking too far into it. It's certainly possible that Rotom might be able to communicate with you in order to hear a certain 'mon's cry or something. Or tell you how happy they are traveling with you, etc.[/spoil]

This game is E for everyone.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Oh yeah, I can get you those eggs tonight or tomorrow. My work schedule blows so don't have time to breed them unless it's a Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad