Pokemon go thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I think 2* raids are my favorite, the mons are usually crap, but considering items, and xp and the fact I can usually take them down with just two to three mons makes them the best bang for the buck I think.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
How do people Solo 3* Raids?

I usually don't have all my Mon faint, but I only get the boss about 3/4 down.

what level are you?

it's all about having the right counters

FYI, Jolteon CANNOT be solo'd. Period. Flareon can in theory, but is basically impossible for any average player

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
And naturally my friend gets an exclusive raid pass and didn't know what it was. Seems like a few Sprint/Starbucks gyms around here got selected for the ExRaid field test.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
32 1/2. Strongest Pokemon are around 2800.

The easiest thing for you to do is get a bunch of Espeons. Grab a 650-700+ Eevee, walk it 10k as your buddy and evolve during the day. You should be able to defeat Gengar and Machamp with six of those at Level 30.

Arcanine should be even easier with some Hydro Pump Vaporeon and Gyarados.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
And naturally my friend gets an exclusive raid pass and didn't know what it was. Seems like a few Sprint/Starbucks gyms around here got selected for the ExRaid field test.

Yeah, they picked a few Sprint stores with gyms around here too to receive EX passes. Unfortunately, there aren't that many Sprint stores that are gyms around here, none at least in my general area.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
4 sprint stores on Long Island got EX raids. The one in the local mall I've raided at 6 times at least for legendaries. Buddies of mine got invites but not me. I'm salty AF.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
A few EX raids are going on here as well. Didnt get selected, but i know 4-5 that did. It seems like most of the level 40s didnt get it and they seem bitter to say the least :p

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Got my EX Raid pass. See if I can catch a Mewtwo tomorrow.

Good luck, we're all counting on you. [/airplane]

-------------

Bah, I've been patiently waiting for a Tyranitar raid to pop up within walking distance from me at work. It happened today at a normally perfect time during lunch, but I had forgotten to check the map before I went to grab food.

On the bright side, caught a wild 91% Larvitar last night.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
My last five Tyranitars have all been 78-82%. I'm not an IV elitist, but I want at least an 89% to level before i invest my dust and candy.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Knowing my luck, I'll get an EX pass for a raid when I'm out of town.

Just randomly logged in and had a 1710 Arcanine and 1708 Dragonite almost right next to each other. IV's could be better, but they fall in the CP range of things I'll throw in a gym.

Also, here is an interesting study done by someone on raid frequency by tier and spawn. T4 spawned the least by far during the study, with T5 raids occurring just slightly more than T3 raids. No wonder Tyranitar is so hard to find.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...t_raid_rarity_tiers_and_regular_spawn_breaks/

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Caught my Mewtwo, 15/14/12 91% with Focus Blast.

Catch rate was crazy high, I think almost everyone at the raid got him.

BgsilWnl.jpg

Last edited:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Definitely should be able to get a Mewtwo if you're there and fighting it. Couple of reports locally - my friend here said roughly 45 out of 50 got it here in Buffalo and 67 out of 77 got it in Rochester.

Now I just wait my turn.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I finally found a group for another Raikou raid, first group I was able to play in since the first few days they were released. I caught a 93% Raikou, not too shabby. I'll try for more, scheduling permitted, but with how much raiding has died off in my area, I can't see myself completing many more. I was lucky enough to get 2 charged TMs too.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Caught my first Unown today. I was out at the store during lunch when I got the Unown alert on Discord. How shocked I was when it was at the movie theater 5 minutes away. Letter N.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
A lot of speculation that the next round of Mewtwo may be at Starbucks since they're a major sponsor like Sprint. Might be worth it to get in some Starbucks raids just in case.

Edit: EX Raid passes being distributed now, Starbucks and Sprint.

Last edited:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Yeah I had a hunch Starbucks was coming. I have a gym nearby. I wanted to go raid there this weekend just in case and I never got around to it.

Sure enough..... :(

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

From 1:00 P.M. PDT on September 22 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on October 2, 2017, you’ll have the opportunity to earn double Stardust for catching Pokémon and hatching Eggs as you walk around your neighborhood discovering new sights. While you’re out exploring, be sure to visit your local PokéStops and Gyms to collect special 2 km Eggs that have the opportunity to hatch Pokémon such as Chansey, Mareep, Larvitar, and more. You’ll also be able to get special boxes from the in-game shop that feature items like Lucky Eggs, Lure Modules, and all-new Super Incubators which hatch Eggs 1.5 times quicker!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/equinox2017

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
No invite for me, but my friends and their kid will be out of town tonight, so they asked me to log into the kid's account to do the ExRaid. I feel a little more pressure trying to make the kid's day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad