Pokemon go thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
EX Raids (Mewtwo) will start field testing next week as well. They're probably going to introduce them to high level players first and then slowly ease the restrictions like they did with raids originally.

Did a Lugia raid with my friend who didn't have one yet. Told her I would catch the Lugia for her. Mine was 2002 (trash). Hers was 2050 (96%). I've caught 28 Lugias and the highest was 2039 (91%). Of course, she handed me the phone and I caught it on her account....I am a little upset.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
EX Raids (Mewtwo) will start field testing next week as well. They're probably going to introduce them to high level players first and then slowly ease the restrictions like they did with raids originally.

Did a Lugia raid with my friend who didn't have one yet. Told her I would catch the Lugia for her. Mine was 2002 (trash). Hers was 2050 (96%). I've caught 28 Lugias and the highest was 2039 (91%). Of course, she handed me the phone and I caught it on her account....I am a little upset.

RNG lol.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Fun last day. 2/2 on nearby Moltres/Lugia to hit my revised goal of (at least) six of each of the birds. I was looking forward to taking a break this weekend.

Then a Raikou spawned. Logical side of me knew I had a month to grab it, but I went there anyways. Got down to the last ball. Niantic supposedly had fixed the last ball glitch, but I was still skeptical. I used a normal razz instead of golden....and bingo!

21192022_10105275845724704_8510065610196600239_n.jpg

I should have been done for the night, but I knew my friend needed a Moltres. There was one nearby and I eventually pestered her enough to do it. Gave some random person at the Raikou raid a lift to Moltres as well.

We were about to go in, but I had to get another raid pass. At the Raikou raid I leveled up to 30, so I had to discard 87 items. When I finally did that, there was like 10 minutes left on the raid so we decided to go in despite there only being 5 people. I figured it would be futile and was mildly bitter about dumping all the items.

As we were waiting for the 120 second countdown, another car hastily parked and the dude had four devices. Another random person showed up, so we comfortably beat Moltres with 10.

My friend caught it and there was much rejoicing. [/coolstorybro]

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The birds are still spawning........that makes my friend's last minute Moltres catch for her Pokedex a little less fun. Hopefully I can help another friend get an Articuno today. Friend's son needs a Moltres as well; She told me that there's been tears involved with previous attempts.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Finally caught a Moltres on my 11th kill, so far at work have not seen a single dog spawn in any of the 8 gyms I can see from my desk, no birds either on their last day you would think maybe they would spawn even more frequent.

I will end this bird phase with
2 Lugs
2 Arc
3 Zap
1 Molt

in about 30 kills :( I do not miss many throws I just have had some bad luck,

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Lots of birds still spawning. I think only one Raikou so far in the areas I've been monitoring and couldn't make it over.

On one hand you have the people who still haven't caught the birds or want more excited, but the rest don't want to use their passes on them.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Finally caught a Moltres on my 11th kill, so far at work have not seen a single dog spawn in any of the 8 gyms I can see from my desk, no birds either on their last day you would think maybe they would spawn even more frequent.

I will end this bird phase with
2 Lugs
2 Arc
3 Zap
1 Molt

in about 30 kills :( I do not miss many throws I just have had some bad luck,

I'm going to end with:

5 Lugia's/28
3 Articuno's/20
8 Zapdos'/12
3 Moltres'/8

I was 0 for 15 on Articuno and 0 for 20 for Lugia until I caught my first ones. It was just pure luck with these things.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Started off slow before I got the timing down.

Articuno: 7/13 (started 1/5)
Lugia: 6/22 (started 1/8)
Moltres: 8/21 (started 1/8)
Zapdos: 6/7

Initial goal was one of each, then three of each, then six of each. Added a couple extra Articuno/Moltres yesterday trying to help friends get it.

Best Articuno/Lugia are ~96%, Zapdos 93%, Moltres 91%. For some reason I have some really bad IV Moltreses.

Today might be my first non-raiding day in a long while. Had to fight the compulsion to do a Raikou this morning.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Started the day 4/4 on Raikou on my account, went 1/1 for my girlfriend, and 1/1 catching one for a 5 year old whose father asked me to help him. He was so excited when I snagged it on the second ball. Apparently was his first legendary. Pretty cool moment.

Think I finished the day with 6 out of 9 for myself, highest being 1890. Found him really easy to hit Great and Excellent curves. Basically the same short distance throw as Tyranitar. Get the circle small, wait for the bite, spin and throw before he resets.

Heading into Central Park in NYC tomorrow for the crazy magikarp nest that is there right now. Hoping to get my first shiny. I'm sure we'll do some raids throughout the day too. Should be a fun day of XP and stardust farming.

Can't believe the birds are still here, again. Second time they were supposed to be gone and Niantic has left them. Just want to see them go already.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got my Raikou on the first go today. Very nice to get it out of the way.

Took it down with 7 by the way, could likely do 6.

I leave for the Philippines in 10 days, and I'm there until the beginning of October. Hopefully I can catch a Suicune early. And Corsola spawns there too. (Though the Philippines is weird...there's no Farfetch'd spawns in the country for some reason.)

Last edited:

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
1/2 on Raikou. First one wasn't very good and ran. Caught my 2nd at 1892 CP, 91%. Did the first raid with 6, and ran into a 2nd group at the other, so it went down easily.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Started the day 4/4 on Raikou on my account, went 1/1 for my girlfriend, and 1/1 catching one for a 5 year old whose father asked me to help him. He was so excited when I snagged it on the second ball. Apparently was his first legendary. Pretty cool moment.

Nice!

Niece/nephew were in town for a bit for the long weekend, so I took them for their first raid. Nephew managed to snag Raikou on his first throw. Niece got it with a pinap berry of all things. And naturally Raikou ran from me.

My friends' son was missing a Moltres, so I was trying to coordinate with his mom who had been driving him all around. She had told me that tears had been involved with previous unsuccessful Moltres attempts.

On the last day(s) for the birds, the mom was working so I tried to contact his dad to take him out for one final try. The dad was aware that his son was missing Moltres, but declared that he himself didn't care about Pokemon so he didn't want to take any effort to help his kid out. That was a little disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad