Pokemon go thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Continue

First nest when the game came out at my job was Electabuzz then it went to Jinx and now back to Electabuzz...My haul from today alone.

Caught a CP 666 and promptly gave him a valid name.
image.png

2016_08_25_17_34_27_Untitled_Message_HTML.png

I have no electrabuzz

How do u guys deal when u throws a ball ....the pokemon jumps just before it hits them??? Furiating

I've never seen a Mankey before today.

A Mankey spawned outside my house, I walked down like a couple hundred meters to catch it (I know where the spawn points are, it's usually one of a couple).

I get a 5k egg hatched almost at the same time.

It's a Mankey.

I have a 95.6% IV Flareon and a 93.3% Dratini. Pretty happy about that.

We took the path from rainbow bridge all the way around as far as it goes. They were mostly in the cave of the winds area.

Sat down and crunched IV's for a solid 45 minutes, here are my top winners:

Pinsir 1236 (97.8%)
Aerodactyl 1261 (95.6%)
Butterfree 841 (93.3%)
Krabby 444 (93.3%)
Abra 302 (93.3%)
Charmeleon 869 (91.1%)

Really disappointed my Abra has such fantastic IV's but such low CP, but very excited about that Charmeleon. Now I just need 99 more Charmander candy

Been there with a Rhyhorn. Frustrating.

Just realized that my 96% IV Lapras is the #1 gym defender (based on move set) in the game, according to this chart:

bTCnTyi.jpg

g8fDj0e.png

Now only if there were a black market for Pokemon. That one would be worth some $$$.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Did this ever get better after the first few months of release? I stopped playing because it was just so repetitive and had no time with school starting.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Finally got myself an Omastar.

4 KM away from Alakazam.

That leaves:

Machamp
Muk
Hitmonchan
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Lapras
Dragonair
Dragonite

from Gen 1.

Never seen a Lapras, Dragonite (only ever seen 3 Dratini), Chansey, Hitmonchan.

Ugh. At least we're coming up to Spring. Some of these guys spawn in parks around Minneapolis, so I'll hopefully get them...eventually.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Good news: Hatched another 50/50 Tyrogue, this one turned into a Hitmonlee thank God. Going the other way it would have been my 3rd Hitmontop in 4 Tyrogues and I would have flipped my lid. Just need Omastar (Omanyte is my buddy, at 25 candy) and Porygon (which I don't think actually exists) to complete my Kanto dex. Not counting region locks.

Bad news: Fourth Natu hatch in my last nine 5km eggs.

There are definitely several blue players with multiple accounts on campus. Did a sweep Sunday afternoon. Had my Rhydon 6/6 in one gym and my Gyarados 8/8 in another gym. Today, both are still there, but Rhydon is 5/10 and Gyarados is 5/10. Either these Red players suck and give up halfway through gym raids, or high level Blue players are using alts to kick other Blues out of friendly gyms to snipe coins.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Good news: Hatched another 50/50 Tyrogue, this one turned into a Hitmonlee thank God. Going the other way it would have been my 3rd Hitmontop in 4 Tyrogues and I would have flipped my lid. Just need Omastar (Omanyte is my buddy, at 25 candy) and Porygon (which I don't think actually exists) to complete my Kanto dex. Not counting region locks.

Bad news: Fourth Natu hatch in my last nine 5km eggs.

There are definitely several blue players with multiple accounts on campus. Did a sweep Sunday afternoon. Had my Rhydon 6/6 in one gym and my Gyarados 8/8 in another gym. Today, both are still there, but Rhydon is 5/10 and Gyarados is 5/10. Either these Red players suck and give up halfway through gym raids, or high level Blue players are using alts to kick other Blues out of friendly gyms to snipe coins.

This drives me crazy around my house, gyms are always level 10 but my pokemon slip a spot or two daily,

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Finally got myself an Omastar.

4 KM away from Alakazam.

That leaves:

Machamp
Muk
Hitmonchan
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Lapras
Dragonair
Dragonite

from Gen 1.

Never seen a Lapras, Dragonite (only ever seen 3 Dratini), Chansey, Hitmonchan.

Ugh. At least we're coming up to Spring. Some of these guys spawn in parks around Minneapolis, so I'll hopefully get them...eventually.

I found a wild Alakazam literally a week into the game. He sucks, but I kept him :laugh:

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Just saw another Totodile, 772 CP, ran after the 2nd throw. Getting ridiculous. I've seen 6 total (3 at a frequent spawn before the last nest shuffle), and 2 have ran after one throw, a third after 2.

Just hatched a Gligar from a 10k. Not sure if would've rather had another Pineco.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Caught a 13/15/15 (95.6%) Magikarp, but only 15 CP. Wasn't sure if I wanted to evolve it, that's a lot of candy to give up and if it gets bad moves then it's useless and it will be a huge dust sink for a while.

After debating, I gambled and it ended up getting Bite/Hydro Pump which I was super happy about. My old Gyarados is only 82.2% and has Bite/Dragon Pulse so this is awesome.

Burned through 50k dust powering that sucker up, only at around 1900 CP but it's going to be a beast eventually. Not the shiny I wanted but I can't complain.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Hatched another Tyrouge and this time was able to eveolve it into a Hitmontop

Happy with this as my egg hatching have been poor recently.

Also hatched my 2nd Larvitar, first one I made my buddy and turned into a Pupnitaritar. This will help get me closer to a Tyranitar.

Got enough candy just in time to Evolve a Garados too thanks to all the Magicarp this past week. This will also be my 2nd of those.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Hardly ever saw any magikarps before the event. Caught about 60 this week and got up to 327 candy. Didn't find a shiny and didn't get a good magikarp to eventually evolve

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Got a sun stone and was able to evolve a Sunkern then a few min later caught a Cyndaquil getting me the gold badge for registering 70 Johto region Pokemon. Yeah me.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
My top IV Pokemon are the following:

Dragonite - 3146cp - 100%IV
Marowak - 946cp - 100%IV
Poliwag - 10cp - 100%IV
Charizard - 2354cp - 98%IV
Flareon - 1654cp - 98%IV
Golduck - 1293cp - 98%IV
Arbor - 987cp - 98%IV

Status
Not open for further replies.