Pokemon go thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Experienced my first CP glitch catching a Raikou, was 1872 on the catch screen but was 1858 after catching.

Considering it took me until late June to get a 2nd King's Rock, while I had 5 or 6 extra of all other items, I just laugh at the randomness of getting one last night off a random spin and then a second one this morning on another random spin.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
My best Raikou so far is 14/15/12. Wouldn't mind a stronger one, but Suicune is the only one I really care about for the dogs.

Suicune is actually really bad in Pokemon Go, it doesn't have a fast water attack. It's attack in general is pretty low. If you want it because you really like that Pokemon, more power to you. But it's not something I would invest any stardust into.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Suicune is actually really bad in Pokemon Go, it doesn't have a fast water attack. It's attack in general is pretty low. If you want it because you really like that Pokemon, more power to you. But it's not something I would invest any stardust into.

Nah, I just like it, it's my favourite of the dogs. Going to catch a million of them, but probably won't stardust one unless I catch a perfect.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Experienced my first CP glitch catching a Raikou, was 1872 on the catch screen but was 1858 after catching.

I think somebody else in thread mentioned this glitch happening before. Coworker had it happen on Tuesday. He said his Raikou was 1901 on the capture screen but was 18something after he caught it.

Definitely a little annoying, but it also made me feel a little better about having a high CP Lugia run from me. I can convince myself it would have been a bait and switch if I had caught it.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Zc1lug7.jpg

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I've found luck with Nanabs, just getting them to stop moving so you can take your time with your throw.

Hit an excellent with a nanab yesterday, but no dice. I'll probably mix in more nanabs/regular razz with the average IV Raikou for the rest of the month. Unfortunately I purged all of my nanabs last week as I frantically had to discard 85+ items in order to get another raid pass to help my friend get her Moltres.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Why are some things literally impossible to catch?

I was 1 ice mon away from my gold badge and stumbled across a CP 278 Swinub

Homeboy wound up costing me 7 great balls, 3 ultra balls and 6 razz berries...

0516cf5e6cc9317823219f4dd6eee74b35ab47-wm.jpg

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I've lost interest in this game entirely.
Raids were fun for the first few weeks, but working a busy job doesn't leave me much time to go out of my way to go to raids. It's also annoying that you need to be in the right place at the right time (group of people) to have any chance of success. Raids were a cool idea, but they favour people who have more spare time.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I've lost interest in this game entirely.
Raids were fun for the first few weeks, but working a busy job doesn't leave me much time to go out of my way to go to raids. It's also annoying that you need to be in the right place at the right time (group of people) to have any chance of success. Raids were a cool idea, but they favour people who have more spare time.

Yep. Five days a week I can only raid on my lunch break. Last week no one even wanted to go to a Raikou in the area. Been spending my daily pass solo'ing T1-T3 raids.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Same here. It was great during summer, but with classes starting up again and being limited to my campus only I can't get around as easily. I thought pokemon go would actually still be pretty good on campus, but instead it feels rather dead. The local facebook group doesn't do any of the campus gym raids and I personally don't anybody that plays this game anymore.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
the only thing keeping me playing every day is that I'm 2.5 million XP to L40.

Once I get there, Gen 3 better be out, because I won't be playing otherwise.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I can understand the raid fatigue. I suppose I'm lucky and I'm in an area with a decent amount of regular players. And in the last few weeks, I got connected to a group of Team Instinct folks so we can usually band together for raids. If I were still trying to show up randomly, it'd probably be a much different experience (plus fewer balls).

Not sure about other areas, but we have a couple of very useful maps showing raid (and Pokemon) locations. Certainly helps to plan out ahead of time.

-------------------

Managed to go 3/3 on Raikou today. The 2nd one I got with a nanab on the first throw thankfully. Didn't necessarily want to do the extra raids, but two popped up within walking distance from my place and my regular group was headed that way. Typically nobody raids near home, so this was the first time beating (non-level 1) raids there.

Suddenly found myself up to 7 (mostly average) Raikou with 20 days left in the month. Hoping that there'll be other folks needing a break from Raikou and willing to do other raids.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I can understand the raid fatigue. I suppose I'm lucky and I'm in an area with a decent amount of regular players. And in the last few weeks, I got connected to a group of Team Instinct folks so we can usually band together for raids. If I were still trying to show up randomly, it'd probably be a much different experience (plus fewer balls).

Not sure about other areas, but we have a couple of very useful maps showing raid (and Pokemon) locations. Certainly helps to plan out ahead of time.

-------------------

Managed to go 3/3 on Raikou today. The 2nd one I got with a nanab on the first throw thankfully. Didn't necessarily want to do the extra raids, but two popped up within walking distance from my place and my regular group was headed that way. Typically nobody raids near home, so this was the first time beating (non-level 1) raids there.

Suddenly found myself up to 7 (mostly average) Raikou with 20 days left in the month. Hoping that there'll be other folks needing a break from Raikou and willing to do other raids.

Haha, I'm in the same boat. I'd much rather do a Ttar raid than a Raikou, though my challenge right now with Raikou is trying to do it with as few people as possible. We managed to do one with 5 with the highest level person being 36.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Even with communication channels, it's tough to coordinate raids during the week, we'll see if the eggs help or hinder. Raid fatigue and schedules play a lot into it. People post raids throughout the day, but a lot of people can't make them due to work or school.

It would be in the best interest for Niantic to change the T1-T4 raid pokemon sooner rather than later to spark more interest in them. I was shocked when a level 34 was trying to get people for a Rhydon raid when Rhyhorn is super common here. Problem is most people won't use a pass or waste the gas to drive to it.

Change up the raid pokemon and add some type of event (before Halloween, maybe a fall event) to spark some interest in things other than T5 raids before gen 3.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Gonna start ignoring 4* raids I think. I can solo 1* and 2* raids, most 3* raids, and even the ones I can't, GF and me can, and there're always huge crowds for 5* raids, but no one ever shows up to 4* ones I've noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad