Post-Game Talk: Pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Trouba's not eating 25 minutes a night. He's taking one bite and immediately choking on it.
Actually, you can take my comment as a knock on the coaches that they relied so much on one guy. No.need for him to have played that much a night

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
How do you disagree with time? Haha. First of all he only plays 23 min / game. And if his extra minutes needed to be "covered" wouldn't Fox and Miller's TOI increase?
Probably because the coaches saw that Fox and Miller has nothing that they were forced to sit them more once Lindgren returned. Plus after the goal at 3 something left into the empty net, Lindgren was out there. We were done. Fox was floating from the second period on. Miller couldn't play at all. Fatigue was a factor. I contribute some of that to no Trouba. You obviously don't. But nobody can dispute that Fox and Miller weren't themselves from late in the second period.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Probably because the coaches saw that Fox and Miller has nothing that they were forced to sit them more once Lindgren returned. Plus after the goal at 3 something left into the empty net, Lindgren was out there. We were done. Fox was floating from the second period on. Miller couldn't play at all. Fatigue was a factor. I contribute some of that to no Trouba. You obviously don't. But nobody can dispute that Fox and Miller weren't themselves from late in the second period.
Adam Fox does not have the physical profile required to play 30 minutes in an NHL game. That’s basically his only weakness.

They lost a game. It was the 13th forward’s fault.

Whatever.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
How do you disagree with time? Haha. First of all he only plays 23 min / game. And if his extra minutes needed to be "covered" wouldn't Fox and Miller's TOI increase?
Troubas hulking warrior gravitational field actually warps space time on the ice making the game appear slower to the outside observers on the bench, meaning they feel more rested when their shifts start
-Joe Michelletti

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Everyone wants to crap all over Brodzinski, but if you look at it deeper, Point made an absolutely ridiculous play with his stick to block the pass. It wasn't just a careless pass that Point just picked off. It was a lot more than one of Joe's "turnovers".

Now, it certainly wasn't a smart play by Brodzinski considering the pinball that had been going on just to clear the zone. Would have made more sense to go up the boards and change.

The other play that seemed to be so obvious to me but not mentioned, Tampa was a mile offside right before the penalty on Cuylle.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
… Wonder if we should consider a tiki-taka approach to the PP (forming triangles and rotating players to find / create open men around the puck and then shift the play to the other side).

Just a thought.

I mean Fox, Panarin, Zibanejad and Trocheck (I could’ve said everyone but Kreider) are constantly rotating among themselves from their “assigned” spots in the current scheme.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Everyone wants to crap all over Brodzinski, but if you look at it deeper, Point made an absolutely ridiculous play with his stick to block the pass. It wasn't just a careless pass that Point just picked off. It was a lot more than one of Joe's "turnovers".

Now, it certainly wasn't a smart play by Brodzinski considering the pinball that had been going on just to clear the zone. Would have made more sense to go up the boards and change.

The other play that seemed to be so obvious to me but not mentioned, Tampa was a mile offside right before the penalty on Cuylle.

Honestly I thought he made a good read on that pass attempt but just executed shittily. He was way too slow/casual with it and maybe could’ve sauced it to be safe. But he correctly identified the Miller/Goodrow 2 on 1 against Hedman on the right side that would’ve been an easy controlled entry.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I
Honestly I thought he made a good read on that pass attempt but just executed shittily. He was way too slow/casual with it and maybe could’ve sauced it to be safe. But he correctly identified the Miller/Goodrow 2 on 1 against Hedman on the right side that would’ve been an easy entry.

Tampa with too many men! ;) I thought before this play, he had another opportunity to get the puck out and he didn't? Anyway, I agree, he was too slow getting rid of the puck. He hasn't been good since coming back in the lineup.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Tampa with too many men! ;) I thought before this play, he had another opportunity to get the puck out and he didn't? Anyway, I agree, he was too slow getting rid of the puck. He hasn't been good since coming back in the lineup.
It’s just a whatever sequence for me that people fixate on because there’s a turnover and it ends up in the net. I think most of the time this exact read/decision results in a controlled exit and easy entry to the offensive zone. I hope the video coach is saying that and just emphasizing better composure there and maybe some deception so Point can’t get his stick down in time. I’d much rather fixate on players who are consistently making poor reads and passes to nobody or players who don’t even have the capacity to make good plays at the blue line in these types of situations which NYR have several of

Reactions: NCRanger

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Eddy recalled

I want to see Vesey-Ed-Rempe asap

have had more than f***ing enough of Goodrow

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Saw Kakko get bullied in the corner and he just took it. Like Wtf? Where is the fire??
Ref watching Raddysh take him to pound town for 5+ seconds after the puck was gone. They weren't calling anything.

The bigger thing is why Kakko just takes it. If they're not calling anything slash him. It's Darren Raddysh, not Bob Probert.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Ref watching Raddysh take him to pound town for 5+ seconds after the puck was gone. They weren't calling anything.

The bigger thing is why Kakko just takes it. If they're not calling anything slash him. It's Darren Raddysh, not Bob Probert.
Cuylle did that and got called though

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Classic Kakko. Enter the zone with possession, miss all offensive opportunities, lose the puck in the corner. He sucks. I’m sorry.
I have absolutely no idea what people see with him. His big adjustment 5 years in is to skate to the net from a relatively severe angle and actually shoot. Great.

For being as big as he is, he gets bodied pretty easily and loses control of the puck incredibly easy.

Cuylle did that and got called though
Break a wrist or two with a slash, I bet they'd stop taking liberties. Teams like that only respect one thing. Real talk.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I frankly don't mind that. When we talk about "toughness", that's one big part of it. Being able to take abuse. Sure, maybe you would want some reaction, but I much prefer him just taking that than taking a stupid retaliatory penalty.

I can understand if some people think that's a bad look, not taking a stand. I don't agree, but to each his own.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Sorry. Goals 4-5.

Don't forget him coughing up the puck which lead to the transition in the 1st place. And he did that mutliple times in the 3rd.

He did it in the final 5 minutes as well.

Miller overcommitted well past the dots. Not like he was challenging a loose puck. After that the other 3 had to shift and didn't do so correctly

None of the replays I look at go back long enough for a puck cough-up for these goals.

In goal #4 you can challenge for pucks in the corners. It happens all the time. Is it only when Miller does it that it's the wrong play? Like I said before, there are three Rangers in the slot that don't look over their shoulders once during the whole sequence to see where Stammer is. Miller is literally on the other side of the ice for the goal. Are you going to blame Miller for someone taking the penalty to put us down a man in the first place??

In goal #5 in the replay, can you point out where Miller is on the ice? Or did he magically teleport from the bench to be the 6th man at fault for this goal too?

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I have absolutely no idea what people see with him. His big adjustment 5 years in is to skate to the net from a relatively severe angle and actually shoot. Great.

For being as big as he is, he gets bodied pretty easily and loses control of the puck incredibly easy.

Break a wrist or two with a slash, I bet they'd stop taking liberties. Teams like that only respect one thing. Real talk.
Almost every time Kakko plays a puck in the O zone now he immediately looks to thrust his ass into the nearest defender no matter what lol. I wish we had another Roslovic to throw with him, that line has negative wheels

Reactions: effen

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I mean Fox, Panarin, Zibanejad and Trocheck (I could’ve said everyone but Kreider) are constantly rotating among themselves from their “assigned” spots in the current scheme.
That’s true, yes, but I’d like to see more one-touch passing and fewer forced cross-iced passes. That would make us safer and more deadly.

they rotate sometimes but it's a perimeter rotation... no one cuts through the middle. Mika needs to get to the slot once in a while
Exactly. It’s not a meaningful rotation. The penalty killers can just as well stay in position and try to block passes. Maybe NHL ice is too tight for tiki-taka style play on power plays.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

He turned the puck over 3 times on that shift trying to get out of the zone. 3 times

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
None of the replays I look at go back long enough for a puck cough-up for these goals.

In goal #4 you can challenge for pucks in the corners. It happens all the time. Is it only when Miller does it that it's the wrong play? Like I said before, there are three Rangers in the slot that don't look over their shoulders once during the whole sequence to see where Stammer is. Miller is literally on the other side of the ice for the goal. Are you going to blame Miller for someone taking the penalty to put us down a man in the first place??

In goal #5 in the replay, can you point out where Miller is on the ice? Or did he magically teleport from the bench to be the 6th man at fault for this goal too?
The common theme with Miller is he overcommits and put other folks in a bad spot. This example isn't as egregious as other times where he randomly overcommits in the NZ on a zero chance play and a 2 on 1 or breakaway occurs.

Trouba is a culprit of this too but Miller can hide it better by coming back with his speed and reach.

If he played a quieter game he'd be more effective. First 2 games paired with Schneider he played a quiet game and played well.

This isn't some personal vendetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad