GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Washington | 4/19 7:30PM | USA, FS-Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016
With the road team winning 100% of the games, I really like our chances this series ;)

In all honesty, CBJ looked exhausted tonight. Played terribly. Very little energy, didn't finish checks, flubbed passes, horrible/ill-timed penalties (Panarin x2), players gripping the stick too tight...

Capitals just wanted this game more, and it clearly showed. Dunno how to divide blame between players/execution and poor coaching...

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Washington played some championship level hockey while we played well below that level. Lost every 1-on-1 battle, fumbled every pass, and couldn't make a routine play out of our own zone.

The most frustrating part of this game however, was that Washington clogged up the neutral zone and we did absolutely nothing to adjust to that. How hard is it to chip the puck in and forecheck? Why is every guy from Calvert to Dubinsky to Murray trying to skate the puck into the zone? Dump the thing in and make them turn around for f***'s sake. They stick checked the puck off our stick at their blueline about 800 times tonight.

If not for Bob this game is 8-1. Good grief.

Reactions: Byrral

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
It’s almost like the team woke up this morning and decided they were okay with losing tonight because they were dog tired and will take their chances in a best of 3.

Reactions: CPTN71

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
Team was playing like utter **** , the fans are the last thing I would criticize with this game . I said it 2 games ago , Torts gassed his team . Ashame our home fans who are dying to support this team and see a winner , look dead tired the past 2 games . Torts is what he is . Also , Bob has played better this series , but has he ever let in less than 3 in a game ?
I don’t believe Bob has been the issue in either loss. No he hasn’t allowed under 3 goals but how many PP chances have we given Washington? Too many. Bob won us game 1 and 2 and was very close in game 3.

Reactions: We Want Ten

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
It’s almost like the team woke up this morning and decided they were okay with losing tonight because they were dog tired and will take their chances in a best of 3.
MAybe lol. But any game where Panarin, Calvert, Cam, and Jones all look tired, you know there is something up. Panarin had no pop, I never even heard Calvert's name called.

Maybe they are pacing themselves.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
My concern is that we only went up 2-0 because of Philip Grubauer.

I truly hope they can find a way to put more than one or two behind Holtby. Otherwise it's over on Monday.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Nope, he hasn’t.

Torts’ coaching in this series has been unforgivable. Good thing for him is JD thinks he’s the Messiah
Imagine what Sullivan will do with him? I would enjoy it of course, but i feel for the players and fans, so let's Trotz take the beating again...

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The AHL team we rolled out against Nashville in game 82 had more fire than this bunch, and we were intentionally trying to lose that one

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Washington played some championship level hockey while we played well below that level. Lost every 1-on-1 battle, fumbled every pass, and couldn't make a routine play out of our own zone.

The most frustrating part of this game however, was that Washington clogged up the neutral zone and we did absolutely nothing to adjust to that. How hard is it to chip the puck in and forecheck? Why is every guy from Calvert to Dubinsky to Murray trying to skate the puck into the zone? Dump the thing in and make them turn around for ****'s sake. They stick checked the puck off our stick at their blueline about 800 times tonight.

If not for Bob this game is 8-1. Good grief.
The 8 comment is stupid... WE let in 3....

Our current GA in this series is over 3 goals a game.... that's NOT playoff hockey!

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
The 8 comment is stupid... WE let in 3....
Um, ok. But Bob played very well despite getting no help from his teammates.

If we didn't have world-class goaltending (outside of the third goal, which Bob should have stopped), this scoreline is even uglier. Is that better for you?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
We hit 5 posts in game 3. Holtby played well tonight, but how often was he challenged?

I don't disagree, but I harken back to JS Giguere in 2003 (04?)... he wasn't perfect either, but every shot seemed to either hit him, hit a post, deflect into the netting, etc.

Sound familiar? The Ducks went to the finals that year, lost game 7 of I recall...

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Hey we are gonna have the longest series with all teams out after 1st round. 2 sweeps, 5 teams in 5, and we are in 6! 1st round exit champs!

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I don't disagree, but I harken back to JS Giguere in 2003 (04?)... he wasn't perfect either, but every shot seemed to either hit him, hit a post, deflect into the netting, etc.

Sound familiar? The Ducks went to the finals that year, lost game 7 of I recall...
I know, but i'm trying to remain positive in a sea of crying Mary's lol.
Besides, we seem to either hit the post, or put it out of play...

Reactions: Sore Loser

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The only thing they did consistent tonight was play really bad from the start to the finish. Worse game they played in a long time. Too bad it came at such a critical moment. Still not giving up on them even though its a kick in the gut knowing where they were just two days ago. On to Saturday in Washington.

I'm glad I stay out of this GDT during the game. I understand the emotion and frustration during the game but the last 10 pages are hard to read. Some of the comments :thumbd:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Fact of the matter is , Holtby has been much better than Bob . He’s made timely saves , and been much better with his rebounds

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Fact of the matter is , Holtby has been much better than Bob . He’s made timely saves , and been much better with his rebounds
Holtby hasn't been challenged nearly as much as Bob.

Bob made some huge saves tonight, but our team either couldn't get out of the zone or couldn't get it into their zone. If Bob makes those saves and we go down and score, it's a "timely save". When Bob makes the same save and our guys fumble the puck, it's just another routine stop I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad