Calvert-Dubinsky-Anderson
Milano-Letestu-Bjorkstrand

Werenski-Jones
Cole-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Inactive
Broadhurst, Carlsson, Chorney, Collins, Gaunce, Hannikainen, Harrington, Johnson, Kivlenieks, Kukan, Schroeder, Scott, Zatkoff

Injured
Sedlak, Wennberg

Washington Lineup
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Connolly-Backstrom-Oshie
Vrana-Eller-Smith-Pelly
Stephenson-Beagle-Chiasson

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Djoos

Holtby
Grubauer

Inactive
Bowey, Boyd, Copley, Gersich, Jerabek, Pinho

Injured
Burakovsky

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Just put in the series thread that Rimer said yesterday on the radio that he expects changes to the lines. Don’t know if he was just speculating or if he had info.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
In other news a lot of CBJ fans seem to be stuck on the idea that the OT goal was a "fluke". I think they're trying to convince themselves they didn't get beat on that play, therefore they're still the hands down best team. That, or they think a flukey goal has less of an impact on a teams psyche. Regardless, I've been on the other end of flukey goals not only as a fan but in sports as well, let me tell you, it's in no way less demoralizing. In some ways a flukey goal is actually way harder to get over, you have to come to terms with the idea that you did everything right and still lost.

I don't think we feel we're the best team in the series, hands down. Three OT games could go either way, it's extremely even. As to the psyche, I'm not too concerned about the team. We been playing catch-up the second half of the season, come from behind routinely, and have been through worse. Had we out-shot the Capitals 50-20 and lost on a fluke goal, maybe.

Oh, and please keep playing Orpik.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I don't think we feel we're the best team in the series, hands down. Three OT games could go either way, it's extremely even. As to the psyche, I'm not too concerned about the team. We been playing catch-up the second half of the season, come from behind routinely, and have been through worse. Had we out-shot the Capitals 50-20 and lost on a fluke goal, maybe.

Oh, and please keep playing Orpik.
That's fair, I also got my boards mixed around and assumed I was on the Caps board (I just saw the title as the most recent Metro division thread and thought it was the Caps GDT). I wouldn't intentionally post something as inflammatory on your board, so my mistake.

I just think that psyche is what this series will come down to, the teams are evenly matched enough but I think the team that believes they are superior and does get rattled is the ultimate winner.

Again board mods, feel free to delete the entirety of my other post if need be.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Win the damn game!

I really hope we see some line shuffling and better matchups (i.e. our top line against the Backstrom line - they exploited them in G1). We can't get by only rolling 3 lines after the first period.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Driving down from Detroit today for this one. :thumbu: Can't wait to hear the crowd. I haven't been to a Jackets game since the 2016-2017 season opener. I'm pumped, hopefully I get to hear the crowd go crazy again like the 2014 game 4.

Hate to say it, but I think if we lose this game we'll probably blow the series. Can't give up 2/3 home games, even with winning 2 away games. I'm hoping to see a bit of line shuffling to make the 4th line more trustworthy to Torts. If hes that worried about Milano and Bjorkstrand, separate them to make 2 decent lines instead of one untrustworthy one. Bjork hasn't been that bad in the first place. Go Jackets.

Last edited:

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Driving down from Detroit today for this one. :thumbu: Can't wait to hear the crowd. I haven't been to a Jackets game since the 2016-2017 season opener. I'm pumped, hopefully I get to hear the crowd go crazy again like the 2014 game 4.

Hate to say it, but I think if we lose this game we'll probably blow the series. Can't give up 2/3 home games, even with winning 2 away games. Go Jackets. I'm hoping to see a bit of line shuffling to make the 4th line more trustworthy to Torts. If hes that worried about Milano and Bjorkstrand, separate them to make 2 decent lines instead of one untrustworthy one. Bjork hasn't been that bad in the first place. Go Jackets.
Pressure mounts on everybody doesn't it?

Reactions: GoJackets1

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Holtby's got a .930 save percentage and 1.48 GAA so far. His all time playoff GAA is now 1.98. Pretty remarkable given the Caps playoff failures.

Win tonight and the CBJ have the proverbial stranglehold on the series. Lose tonight and they're still in it-they are playing the C(r)aps.

No game for me. I'll be at a real playoff game. ECHL Cyclones vs. Komets. I can feel the envy.

Reactions: MoeBartoli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad