Series Discussion: PLOFFS ROUND UNO: [3]FLAMES vs. [2]CANUCKS OFFICIAL DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah the two teams I didn't want to be playing against in the playoffs were the Ducks and Blues. Any other team I felt we had a shot at and could give them a run for their money. It doesn't look like the Jets are going to wear the Ducks down at all for the next series. If we do make it to round 2, I'm keep my expectations low especially if we're not getting Bouma and/or Gio back.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I can't see us beating Anaheim unless we get some real unexpected contributions throughout the lineup. Getting Gio back might give us a slim chance. Honestly though I would be very skeptical about our chances.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
All you doubters. I think winning round 1 boosts our confidence by quite a bit.

Will we win the series? Probably not, but I could see us giving Anaheim a hard time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The thing is, I'm not even that worried about losing to Anaheim. I have a lot of emotional investment in not losing the Vancouver, but I don't really care one way or another against Anaheim. I'll hate them a little during the series, but if they come out and are the better team start to finish then more power to them.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The thing is, I'm not even that worried about losing to Anaheim. I have a lot of emotional investment in not losing the Vancouver, but I don't really care one way or another against Anaheim. I'll hate them a little during the series, but if they come out and are the better team start to finish then more power to them.

Yeah exactly. Honestly I'm still keeping my expectations low throughout the playoffs as a whole - it's still just a treat to even be in them lol. Of course now I want to close out the Canucks, but beyond that.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
BxyOT-ICUAAJHYd.jpg

Don't tell these guys the odds.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Let's focus on this series please.. Have a bad feeling about tomorrow and its up in the air for Saturday.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

That's how I feel too. The idea of playing Vancouver was stressing me out because if we lost, the amount of chirping that would ensue would make me go bonkers :laugh:

Any other team, I'd be fine with losing to hahaha

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Oh I totally agree, if we lose to Anaheim, eh oh well. Making it to the 2nd round is a ridiculous amount of gravy on an unexpectedly wonderful season.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
The amount of Salt on the main board series thread is amazing. And it's not even over the Flames as a whole, it's about Ferdaddy.

Unreal how a 23 year old kid can rustle the jimmies of an entire fanbase.

Also, he doesn't charge, just legally ****s dudes up.

Stewie, is that a recent mirror selfie of the boys?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The amount of Salt on the main board series thread is amazing. And it's not even over the Flames as a whole, it's about Ferdaddy.

I think it's from training camp. May be wrong.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Someone needs to make a Ferland themed version of that flying lawnmower gif. Maybe replace the lawnmower with Bieksa flying off into the sky. :laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The Ducks are a poor matchup but they are coached by Bruce Boudreau. Would be a short series though if the Flames can't break the Honda Centre curse. A second round loss would probably be for the best actually - gives the team some experience and success but prevents all the problems associated with a cinderella run.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The Ducks are a poor matchup but they are coached by Bruce Boudreau. Would be a short series though if the Flames can't break the Honda Centre curse. A second round loss would probably be for the best actually - gives the team some experience and success but prevents all the problems associated with a cinderella run.

I can't help but feel the same way.

Not to say I don't want to win the Cup, but let's be reality.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Let's focus on this series please.. Have a bad feeling about tomorrow and its up in the air for Saturday.
this. So much this. They have won 3 games before and we have lost 3 before. I'm not banking on a round 2 appearance until we actually win game 4.

thasanjoseshawksdood*

Sharks fan dropping by, I probably should have came in before the series have started but I am not one bit surprised yall are up 3-1. In the regular season I was thinking in the back of my head how envious I am of how much effort your team puts out. Definetly chose you guys as a dark horse to win it. go flames =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad