Series Discussion: PLOFFS ROUND UNO: [3]FLAMES vs. [2]CANUCKS OFFICIAL DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
L1t0ggc.gif

You're a hero. :handclap:

Fantastic work UC!

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Hartley's the better coach, home ice will be a huge advantage. Ferland seems to be powered solely off crowd support. He'll be a force in Game 6 like we was in 3 & 4.

Bennett-Stajan-Jones have been great against the Sedin line so we'll be able to get back to matching them up again.

I'm not devastated by the loss last night, makes for a fun Saturday night! I'm just glad Sven was being Sven and didn't burn us for any points. I actually think WD didn't play him in game 4 because the Saddledome crowd would destroy his confidence.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
To be quite honest I think the Canucks smell blood now. They completely figured out this team last night and it wouldn't shock me at all if we lose at home. That said, the Flames as a team played one of the worst games we have seen from them this year. Hiller was the only saving grace and we squandered a huge game from him.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
To be quite honest I think the Canucks smell blood now. They completely figured out this team last night and it wouldn't shock me at all if we lose at home. That said, the Flames as a team played one of the worst games we have seen from them this year. Hiller was the only saving grace and we squandered a huge game from him.

I don't think they've quite figured us out imo.

We put on some decent pressure in the first to go up by 2 goals but couldn't manage to do so. After the 1st our scoring chances were atrocious, and we couldn't get anything done. In games 3 and 4, I don't think the Canucks could handle our crowd and I think they won't be able to again.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
we hit two posts which would've made it 3-0 or 3-1, and it would've been a different game

Flames got too casual, perhaps jitters with the possibility of closing the series or simply pressure. They put their feet off the pedal and stop playing. Getting outshot 2 to 1 is embarrassing.

Even though Hiller had to make a few great saves, I feel like most of the shots the Canucks had were pretty mediocre. Bonino shot was perfect, Sedin's goal was off a rebound. We'll be alright.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
II, it wouldn't shock me either but the Nucks are a good team. No one should of thought this going to be easy just because we got up 3-1 in the series.

However, as I stated in the previous thread, there is nothing like the NHL playoffs. Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett, Ferland, Backlund, Brodie (all huge parts of our team) have never played a playoff game in the NHL. The knockout win is always going to be the toughest and it usually requires your best effort to get the win. I am feeling pretty confident about game 6 though, honestly. Each game this series has seen the home team have a really strong game and I don't see any reason why that won't continue. The Flames are not going to want this to go back to Van for a game 7, so I fully expect to see our best effort of the series in game 6. This is learning process for these young men, and they're going to be better for it in the long run. Heck, this may even make us better prepared to face the Ducks.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hartley knows how to regroup this team too. Aside from the 8 game losing streak, there were not very many times where we lost 2 or 3 in a row.

This is a learning experience for our inexperienced.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
The team didn't play well last night. They had trouble completing passes and couldn't sustain a forecheck. Kudos to the Canucks for playing a very good game and taking away the Flames' time and space.

Wideman looked slow last night. I wonder if all the heavy minutes is starting to take a toll on him.

Ticonderoga

For the Watch
Jul 17, 2007
New Westminster
Crazy game by the Canucks, I doubt they can replicate that intensity for the next 2 games, but give them some credit.

That being said, if Calgary wants to win this series our top line needs to have a monster game.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
We didn't play well last night and lost 2-1. We didn't play well game 1 and won 2-1.

We just need to have a good game at home and I really like our chances. The good thing is the Canucks don't know which line to try to shut down. Our top line hasn't played well, could be injury, could just be burnt out after a pedal to the metal March, but if Canucks decide to focus on shutting down Bennett-Backlund-Jones, that could get Johnny, Money and Hudes good matchups to breakout.

Hiller continuing to be one of the best goalies in the playoffs will help a lot too.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I honestly think the Flames close this out tomorrow. They now know what it takes to close out a series, they know how to get it done. They've played well for most the series, but yesterday's game was not good at all (outside of the 1st). The Canucks did a very good job clogging up the ice in the 3rd last night. Kudos to them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We have to remember we have little playoff experience. Bollig and Hudler can tell the guys what to expect in certain situations but they don't really know until they experience it. One of those things is facing a team with literally nothing to lose. The Canucks played with the desperation that only a team facing elimination can play with. That is why the 4th win in a series is the most difficult.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
We will win this at home, we just need to play for 60 minutes.

Also where was the Canucks "amazing" Bo Horvat last couple of games?:laugh:
Still can't believe they traded Cory Schneider for a overweight 2 way center.

Also Hudlers gotta play more, he's gotta be injured.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
We will win this at home, we just need to play for 60 minutes.

Also where was the Canucks "amazing" Bo Horvat last couple of games?:laugh:
Still can't believe they traded Cory Schneider for a overweight 2 way center.

Also Hudlers gotta play more, he's gotta be injured.

Seriously, what did Bo Horvat do to you in real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino