Series Discussion: PLOFFS ROUND UNO: [3]FLAMES vs. [2]CANUCKS OFFICIAL DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Gotta say, starting a brawl seems to be a good strategy. In Calgary, when they have brawls the team always seems to play much better afterward.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
In the grand scheme of things obviously it means nothing for the hockey team. But, it also adds to Hartleys record and will go to show he has a recent history if it happens again and paints him as some goon coach. And imo it's just not fair, and it's stupid, so yah, it bothers me. If you don't think it should, well, that's like, your opinion man.
I am not saying I think Hartley's was justified, but using the reasoning that because Hartley got one so should Desjardins is a flimsy stance when they were two completely different situations.

Hartley's fine was not for Engelland's instigator as the fine coupled with that was rescinded with the instigator, it was for trying to put Bollig out following the fights.

So as I was saying, completely different scenarios.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Gotta say, starting a brawl seems to be a good strategy. In Calgary, when they have brawls the team always seems to play much better afterward.

wolf-release.jpg

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
^ lol.

Does ANYONE know when Bouma is coming back?
No, nobody knows except those closely affiliated with the team.

Nobody knows anything about Bouma's injury. Anything said about his injury around here is complete and utter speculation. Nobody knows when he will return to the team. It is ploffs, injury information is a secret guarded closer than the KFC 11 herbs & spices recipe.

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I am not saying I think Hartley's was justified, but using the reasoning that because Hartley got one so should Desjardins is a flimsy stance when they were two completely different situations.

Hartley's fine was not for Engelland's instigator as the fine coupled with that was rescinded with the instigator, it was for trying to put Bollig out following the fights.

So as I was saying, completely different scenarios.

Fair enough, understandable point. Still bothers me :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames, got lucky 3 games our of 4 now. Vancouver beat themselves 3/4 games, except one, where they played normally and dominated the Flames.

I just feel stupid writing it, mind actually believing it.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Flames, got lucky 3 games our of 4 now. Vancouver beat themselves 3/4 games, except one, where they played normally and dominated the Flames.

I just feel stupid writing it, mind actually believing it.

no it can't be that the Flames are clogging up passing lanes and shooting lanes with sound positional play. Nope. The Canucks just wanted to toy with the fans' emotions and shoot right at our players instead. Because ploffs? which players can possibly care about that?!

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
and they complain about not having Burrows and Richardson thus their PK suffering

ummmm we have a shiny headed guy that plays in every situation for us, didnt use that excuse for game 2 though.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
My buddy has mentioned this a few times and it always cracks me up. But somewhere on a couch with a tub of ice cream Bouma is watching thinking "I used to be everyone's favorite."
Starting next year that could be a Gaudreau-Bennett-Bouma-Ferland #5 Raymond LW depth

Something to notice minutes-wise

Brodie finally leading the team in ice-time in our best defensive game of the series, Engelland who imho had a great game his best of the series, still saw 6 minutes less as it should be.
Bollig 5:24 of ice time and still had a terrible zone clear, ice tilts against us watching him start after Van ices.
Wotherspoon in 4:20 had a great point shot, was on for Ferland's near goal, and never really stood out with a mistake might be worth a 6 minute look?
Bennett 14:58 Game 1 where our top line was invisible, now has to fight his way up; 10:50 Game 2, 13:44 Game 3, 16:14 Game 4, Honestly could be a 16+ min player the rest of the way.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I've been watching quite a bit of this series and I have to say you guys have a very good team. From an outside perspective they're fun to watch, and I hope you guys finish this series off. :cheers:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Anyone have thoughts on our chances after this round? Anaheim historically not a playoff team, same core

No idea, really. We've picked Anaheim apart on our home ice a few times these last two seasons. But of course, we are historically bad in the Honda Centre.

We look really good right now, but whether we want to admit it or not there isn't really any way of knowing how much of that is us and how much is the Canucks maybe falling apart.

And another thing to consider. Andrew Cogliano is playing absolutely at the top of his game, and he always kills us. So that worries me. I want the Jets to make a series out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad