Series Discussion: PLOFFS ROUND UNO: [3]FLAMES vs. [2]CANUCKS OFFICIAL DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hamhuis. Ya know, the guy who was on the Olympic team? :laugh:

Hamhuis might be their #1 third man in, at the very least. :sarcasm:

Judging by most opinions, I would have thought Tanev would be the closest to a #1 for the Canucks. They have something bad to say about virtually every other defenseman.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I wonder if Bieksa will shake Ferland's hand when we eliminate them?

Sure he will, he's a pro. Ferland would have to do some pretty nasty stuff (since the worst he's done is the Sbisa hit which wasn't even called as a penalty) . All he's done so far is just hit everything that moves.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
How did Willie not get slapped with a fine.. Seriously, that's probably the only thing I have a big problem with, they goon it up dirty, and nothing. We get involved in a scrum which turns into a brawl, 50k out of Hartleys pocket.. Nice precedent. I know the guy has somewhat of a history, but this brawl was nothing like the last one..

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
No suspension for anyone, the NHL is going to lose this series soon if they leep this up.

Another line brawl tomorrow if the score is not close?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hartley's press conference today and he used the opportunity to tell the story about how he got pulled over on Deerfoot this morning but got let off.

Oh Bob. :facepalm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How did Willie not get slapped with a fine.. Seriously, that's probably the only thing I have a big problem with, they goon it up dirty, and nothing. We get involved in a scrum which turns into a brawl, 50k out of Hartleys pocket.. Nice precedent. I know the guy has somewhat of a history, but this brawl was nothing like the last one..
Line brawl vs. a couple one on one incidents. That is a significant difference in the eyes of the NHL. The league has taken steps to eliminate line brawls by throwing out any player who fights after the original incident takes place.

Honestly, who cares? It's a fine, it means nothing to us and has no impact on anything. Hartley has also been fined multiple times in the past, this shouldn't be shocking or bother anyone.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Anyone know why ortios been called up? Hiller injured?
As has been said a dozen times, teams always call up players after the AHL team is eliminated. It's better to have Ortio with the team if an injury happens than back home in Finland.

flamesforcup*

As has been said a dozen times, teams always call up players after the AHL team is eliminated. It's better to have Ortio with the team if an injury happens than back home in Finland.

Oh my bad i never saw it said anywhere else. Makes sense

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Hartley's press conference today and he used the opportunity to tell the story about how he got pulled over on Deerfoot this morning but got let off.

Oh Bob. :facepalm:

These are the sort of details Eric Francis needs to circulate to justify his job.

I liked his reaction when whichever clown suggested Russell went after Burrows and his "Deryk Engelland fills some valuable minutes, please don't forget that"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
These are the sort of details Eric Francis needs to circulate to justify his job.

I liked his reaction when whichever clown suggested Russell went after Burrows and his "Deryk Engelland fills some valuable minutes, please don't forget that"

Yeah. I thought he was going to charge down and fight that reporter when he suggested that Russell went after Burrows. :laugh:

Hartley could seriously be the French-Canadian godfather for all we know. He's got that way about him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Those were my highlights to, that and his relationship with Ferland.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Line brawl vs. a couple one on one incidents. That is a significant difference in the eyes of the NHL. The league has taken steps to eliminate line brawls by throwing out any player who fights after the original incident takes place.

Honestly, who cares? It's a fine, it means nothing to us and has no impact on anything. Hartley has also been fined multiple times in the past, this shouldn't be shocking or bother anyone.

In the grand scheme of things obviously it means nothing for the hockey team. But, it also adds to Hartleys record and will go to show he has a recent history if it happens again and paints him as some goon coach. And imo it's just not fair, and it's stupid, so yah, it bothers me. If you don't think it should, well, that's like, your opinion man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad