Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Happy to move on from Laine? hell no

Happy to move on from PLD? yes

Difference/where's the beef? one is a quitter
Both have been disappointments and I'm happy to be rid of both. PLD's behaviour has been analyzed to death, but Laine was not NHL-calibre in his discipline and training. It has really affected his growth and health in the NHL. Nice kid, but really just a kid.

Ironically, his character flaw was the obverse of Wheeler's--immature and not intense enough. If Wheeler and Laine were just a little more like the other, things might have been much better for the Jets.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Ive become fond of the Kings board. I kind of feel sorry that they are getting a flighty inconsistent forward and at an overpayment.

I want to move on already. Looking forward to the draft and possibly (not likely) insane trades in Nashville.

Last edited:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Both have been disappointments and I'm happy to be rid of both. PLD's behaviour has been analyzed to death, but Laine was not NHL-calibre in his discipline and training. It has really affected his growth and health in the NHL. Nice kid, but really just a kid.

Ironically, his character flaw was the obverse of Wheeler's--immature and not intense enough. If Wheeler and Laine were just a little more like the other, things might have been much better for the Jets.

Great post.

I kinda wish we had the key personality compounds of players like Matty P, Little, DD and JMo synthesized into a kind of long-acting shake-on steak spice.

Then we could combine it with our problem players to develop that magic formula that the great teams win championships with, and not have to rehire Matt Hendricks every season.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I sure hope they can multi task. This is a defining moment in Jets 2.0 history. We haven’t had a time like this where arguably our top three guys have one year left and need to be moved at once.

They have had allot of time to work on this and they will be able to run these negotiations concurrently IMO.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Ive become fond of the Kings board. I kind of feel sorry that they are getting a flighty inconsistent forward and at an overpayment.

I want to move on already. Looking forward to the draft and possibly (not likely) insane trades in Nashville.

Don't feel sorry for them. 2 Cups in the last 12 years and they are already back to competing for the cup again after a rebuild!

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I have been like this for days. Literally expect a PLD move at any time..

d63.png

Streamer

Jun 27, 2023
I am wondering if Montreal has banned any of their players (like Caufield) from inviting players the Habs want to acquire (like Dubois), to any future boat trips? I am guessing when Dubois found out how much he liked boats, he instantly eliminated Montreal from his place of choice, and picked LA where he can have a real boat of his own docked right out his back door year round. Maybe Caufield is on the block because of this. Poor Montreal.

• Haha
Reactions: Buffdog

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Looks like pld might be having second thoughts about a big stage in the Montreal/Quebec market (not that LA isn't but in terms of being hockey markets, and personal reasons they don't compare I think)

Then there’s this: no matter what the Canadiens are willing to do, this contract would make Dubois the highest paid player on the team. How will he handle being a native Quebecer who is suddenly the highest paid player on the Canadiens and therefore seen as a quasi-leader despite the captaincy being held by Nick Suzuki, the current highest-paid player? How would he handle the inevitable pressure that would come with every slump? How does that compare to what his reality would be like in Los Angeles?

These are secondary concerns, but we’re told they are very real when it comes to Dubois’ thought process in deciding between the two options. —Arpon Basu

I don’t think PLD‘s personality type is suited to the highs and lows of being “THE MAN” and next French Canadian star player in Montreal. He is capable in the media settings but he is not naturally outgoing. I don’t think he would do well with the beatings. :laugh:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I don’t think PLD‘s personality type is suited to the highs and lows of being “THE MAN” and next French Canadian star player in Montreal. He is capable in the media settings but he is not naturally outgoing. I don’t think he would do well with the beatings. :laugh:

Agree.

I did part of my residency in MTL for a bit as Stéphane Richer was retiring and speaking out a bit more about his years playing for the Habs-- what a shi*tshow that became.

Some flourish in the fishbowl, but many don't.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Unlike most here, I really enjoyed having Dubois on this team. I feel like if some of our other players weren't weren't having such a negative impact he could have been a good fit longer term
Agree. Also, he did right by the Jets with the sign and trade. No hard feelings from me

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I was fine with Dubois, wish he was a bit more consistent but he brought unique elements to the table.

Happy with the return for him.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Good luck trying to pull drama shit there

Kopitar and Doughety (sp) won’t tolerate it

And thanks for having the Habs so call self righteous shit posters invade our forum this past year

Reactions: KingBogo and rkp

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He def did a solid expanding his team list. And let it be known early he wouldn't sign long term here.

I doubt he did it out of the kindness of his heart. He saw that Habs weren't offering him what he wanted both financially and to the Jets to make it worth their while to trade him and decided that he didn't wanna be stuck here on another 1 year deal or traded to a random contender without having a long term contract esp after his injuries this season which might have given him a scare.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Unlike most here, I really enjoyed having Dubois on this team. I feel like if some of our other players weren't weren't having such a negative impact he could have been a good fit longer term
My guess was PLD was far and away the most disruptive force in the room, even accounting for some of the warts others have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad