Playoffs Watch

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Capitals went out and got Justin Williams. He very well might be their Brendan Shananan.

Only way Washington loses to any team in the EC is through pure luck.

Tampa probably has the best shot at beating them, but the odds of them doing it aren't good either.

A Russian is leading the Capitals in points and his name isn't Alex Ovechkin.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Capitals went out and got Justin Williams. He very well might be their Brendan Shananan.

Only way Washington loses to any team in the EC is through pure luck.

Tampa probably has the best shot at beating them, but the odds of them doing it aren't good either.

A Russian is leading the Capitals in points and his name isn't Alex Ovechkin.

I think rangers would have the best chance against them lundqvist is an elite goalie and could steal it

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
This chart pretty much confirms what I've been thinking every time I've watched a Florida game this season:

Yeah I am not smart enough to read that. However, So I want the Wings to win, New Jersey vs NY Rangers the rangers just because **** New Jersey, for some reason Carolina to beat phylly, don’t ask me the web site says, Tampa to lose, Ottawa to lose and the Islanders. I feel like a gambling addict looking at the scores.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Remaining schedule

Cb_pSrRXIAAlOjk.png:large

Cb_pOhjWEAUZKgR.png:large

source: Matt Sitkoff

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Yeah I am not smart enough to read that. However, So I want the Wings to win, New Jersey vs NY Rangers the rangers just because **** New Jersey, for some reason Carolina to beat phylly, don’t ask me the web site says, Tampa to lose, Ottawa to lose and the Islanders. I feel like a gambling addict looking at the scores.

Their scoring chances for and goals for were matching fairly closely and then recently their goals has greatly exceeded their scoring chances. The implication is it is not sustainable.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
This chart pretty much confirms what I've been thinking every time I've watched a Florida game this season:

I ran 2 simulations on my computer. One used P% and Florida was predicted to lose in the finals.

Take that out and they don't even make it out of the first round. Their other metrics just aren't geared towards long term success. Maybe they ride this hot streak all the way to the Cup but I doubt it.

Looks like we have a much easier schedule than the Bruins remaining. As long as we don't crap the bed we should be top3 in the division.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
That could have gone better Boston and tampa both won. At the same time car njd are chasing Detroit .

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm not worried about any team behind us for the first time in a long time.

Pittsburgh has a chance of passing us, but as far as making the playoffs go I think we're in really good shape. I don't view NJ, OTT, MTL, PHI, or CAR as threats to us. Just keep trying to climb so that we're not a wild card.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I'm not worried about any team behind us for the first time in a long time.

Pittsburgh has a chance of passing us, but as far as making the playoffs go I think we're in really good shape. I don't view NJ, OTT, MTL, PHI, or CAR as threats to us. Just keep trying to climb so that we're not a wild card.

Yay, 4 extra losses this season, that's worth giving up a better draft pick for.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Yay, 4 extra losses this season, that's worth giving up a better draft pick for.

Do you really think picking 14th in the draft is going to make a big difference over picking 16th or 17th? 9 times out of 10 you'll end up with the exact same player.

Getting playoff hockey is worth exponentially more than picking 3 slots higher, even if you lose in 4 straight games.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Normally I think that too, but I like Detroit's upside with Mrazek in the playoffs. If the offense can find a way to get going they have a decent shot to win a round or two.

That's the issue, the team can't score in the relatively lose regular season, there is no expectation that they will be able to break lose in tighter playoff games.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Normally I think that too, but I like Detroit's upside with Mrazek in the playoffs. If the offense can find a way to get going they have a decent shot to win a round or two.

Honestly if Mrazek goes full 2006 Dwayne Roloson we could go on a crazy run. We have lots of good pieces and you never know what a hot elite goalie can do.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I'd like to see the wings miss just to take the "streak" pressure out of the equation and the way it leads to rental trades when not in contention. Just kidding :)

I think its Washington's year.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I put my money on the Kings. Their possession stats are unbelievable.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I put my money on the Kings. Their possession stats are unbelievable.

If the Kings can stay healthy they are the one team that has proven they can beat Chicago. They also have elite goaltending and elite PMD. The west is going to be a bloodbath, even Anaheim is looking very good after starting off so slowly.

Honestly if Mrazek goes full 2006 Dwayne Roloson we could go on a crazy run. We have lots of good pieces and you never know what a hot elite goalie can do.

The thing to keep in mind is that 2006 squad has Chris Pronger. He was the guy who really made the difference. Once he was gone the wheels completely fell off.

God. Florida in the Stanley cup gross

Gotta give Dale Tallon credit. If/when we fully bottom out we need to hire him as GM. He built Chicago's core and now he's built Florida into a behemoth. :yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad