Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The NHL needs to step in and drop something heavy on Marchand. They have rules in place for players who are cut largely because of the risk of contamination/disease. This isn't to say Marchand has the plague, but he's clearly doing something unhealthy. And part of me doubts that whoever gets pushed too far will drop the gloves, but will run find an opportunity and put Marchand's face through the end boards. That or someone will target Bergeron or Krejci.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
I can't quite work out who, but somebody at Vegas is a genius. It's insane that they are performing at the level they are with a roster of semi cast offs. Almost every player is having a career year and they seem to have the sharks' number

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
And re the pens, yes the Crosby & Malkib drafts were VERY lucky, but that aside, they've been excellently managed.
Guentzel is being a playoff beast again

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The mental gymnastics Bruin fans are doing to explain why a grown ass man licking a grown ass man is funny and has a place in the game is gold
I didn't mind the first one so much I thought a little side tongue was funny.. Well if I'm being honest I found the blatant lick funny just from an absurdity level, but man that f***er was like Yoshi. You can't straight up lick people's faces like that.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Boston is done. When your coach starts crying about the refs, that's usually it. It happened to the Penguins against the Wings in '08, it seems to happen every season. Once you get to that point, it's over.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Boston is done. When your coach starts crying about the refs, that's usually it. It happened to the Penguins against the Wings in '08, it seems to happen every season. Once you get to that point, it's over.

Which to be fair they do have some things to complain about. There have been some bad calls. That was definitely a hold by Kucherov before the Stamkos goal. McAvoy also had no reason whatsoever to fall so frankly he deserves to get scored on for diving so shamelessly.

Also to be fair, Marchand is licking people. I don't know how Boston can complain about reffing when one of their best players is LICKING people and somehow it just gets laughed off.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Pekka Rinne is the worst type of goalie to have in the playoffs.

Seriously Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde incarnate.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I honestly forgot Rick Nash was playing for the Bruins. Feel bad for whatever teams signs him this offseason.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I honestly forgot Rick Nash was playing for the Bruins. Feel bad for whatever teams signs him this offseason.

I hope somebody pays Nash because to me he is bound to show up in Pittsburgh if a market with at least decent money for Nash doesn't emerge. He will sign a cheap one year deal and play on Crosby's wing.... Nightmare.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I feel like Winnipeg and Tampa are on a collision course for the SCF. Both teams are incredibly deep and I can't see either SJ or Vegas lasting a 7 game series against everything Winnipeg has to offer.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I feel like Winnipeg and Tampa are on a collision course for the SCF. Both teams are incredibly deep and I can't see either SJ or Vegas lasting a 7 game series against everything Winnipeg has to offer.

Ovie has had a ton of success against Tampa over the years.

If Washington does get through, a pressure off series where Tampa would be the favorite might be interesting.

Tampa's PK needs to be better in the next round than it has been in the first two. That much is certain for me, both the Devils and Boston did damage there and who they are going to face in the next series will crush them on special teams if they don't get it going a little better.

Impressive work though, they also haven't taken a lot of wear and tear to get this deep which is usually a big thing in terms of a cup run.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Ovie has had a ton of success against Tampa over the years.

If Washington does get through, a pressure off series where Tampa would be the favorite might be interesting.

Tampa's PK needs to be better in the next round than it has been in the first two. That much is certain for me, both the Devils and Boston did damage there and who they are going to face in the next series will crush them on special teams if they don't get it going a little better.

Impressive work though, they also haven't taken a lot of wear and tear to get this deep which is usually a big thing in terms of a cup run.

The scary thing is that the Lightning got through Boston fairly early and neither Stamkos nor Kucherov were big factors. I feel like they'll be able to be much bigger factors if they do play Washington next round... and Brayden Point is becoming a star in this league. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years people like at Point as the best player from his draft class.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The scary thing is that the Lightning got through Boston fairly early and neither Stamkos nor Kucherov were big factors. I feel like they'll be able to be much bigger factors if they do play Washington next round... and Brayden Point is becoming a star in this league. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years people like at Point as the best player from his draft class.

We will see, Holtby is really on his game and if they could close out the Penguins I think that would be a big boost to those guys as well.

I am just saying I don't think Tampa can let off the gas for even a second. They will know that with the two time champ, they better treat Washington the same. Ovie's torn apart Tampa throughout his career and he has playoff success against some of those Rangers players as they have gotten through them in a few of the playoffs first round wins.

Bergeron and Krejci aren't necessarily physically as difficult to deal with as Kuzy and Backstrom in my opinion. They like playing against smaller players and shielding the puck for their passing. The undersized nature of some of Tampa's players might be a bit tougher in this next round. Not that the Bruins are small by any means, just saying Washington uses their size to leverage offensive possessions about as well as any team. They are a heavy group in my opinion.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
We will see, Holtby is really on his game and if they could close out the Penguins I think that would be a big boost to those guys as well.

I am just saying I don't think Tampa can let off the gas for even a second. They will know that with the two time champ, they better treat Washington the same. Ovie's torn apart Tampa throughout his career and he has playoff success against some of those Rangers players as they have gotten through them in a few of the playoffs first round wins.

Bergeron and Krejci aren't necessarily physically as difficult to deal with as Kuzy and Backstrom in my opinion. They like playing against smaller players and shielding the puck for their passing. The undersized nature of some of Tampa's players might be a bit tougher in this next round. Not that the Bruins are small by any means, just saying Washington uses their size to leverage offensive possessions about as well as any team. They are a heavy group in my opinion.

It won't really matter, if Winnipeg makes the final, they'll win. They're the biggest, fastest, scariest team left and they have probably the most consistent goalie this season in net. Hellebuyck hasn't been unbeatable this round, but overall he's been the most consistent from month to month this year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It won't really matter, if Winnipeg makes the final, they'll win. They're the biggest, fastest, scariest team left and they have probably the most consistent goalie this season in net. Hellebuyck hasn't been unbeatable this round, but overall he's been the most consistent from month to month this year.

Winnipeg is really impressive to watch. They are so difficult to play against. Punishing team with loads of skill and no big weakness.

Reactions: Heaton

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How Vegas has played this entire 3rd period is pretty much exactly how you want your team to play with the lead.

They are so impressive, it will be interesting to watch them against Nashville/Winnipeg assuming MAF can keep near this level of play.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Have to wonder if this is going to be the end of Thornton's career. That knee injury took him out for the entire second half of this season, he's 38, and the Sharks won't be any closer to a Cup contender next October than they were this year.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Stoked to see VGK still going, though it doesn't really help us. And so happy that Boston fans have nothing to root for. Just need a Caps victory tonight and we'll pretty much be in "I like everyone" territory the rest of the way.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad