Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
name 1 arena in the league that would be full and loud being down 3-4 goals late in the third.

In Winnipeg they don't empty the building with over 6 minutes left, no matter what the score. I get it, it's a Sunday night, but as a fan I found that super lame.

Washington has been a lot of fun to watch the last month, love how that team is playing.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm not sure why we are supposed to care about how full an arena is at any point in the game. People bought the tickets, they chose to go home when they wanted to. And?

Reactions: ArGarBarGar

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Awesome by Caps so far. Hope they keep it up. That’s one team and fanbase that really deserves a success finally.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I'm not sure why we are supposed to care about how full an arena is at any point in the game. People bought the tickets, they chose to go home when they wanted to. And?
Because only true, loyal fans stay in their seat for every single second. No bathroom breaks. Pee your pants like a "real" fan. And call me Miles Davis.

People are just supercilious

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
name 1 arena in the league that would be full and loud being down 3-4 goals late in the third.
I'd at least stay and support my team. Also it's playoff hockey and tickets probably cost a ton. I'm not missing 10 minutes of hockey that I payed for.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Love watching the Caps do well, finally. But I'll find it funny if they end up in the Finals against VGK and Fleury gets hot. Would sort of feel like the Penguins reaching back from the grave for one last swipe at Ovi.

Either way, both series have been fun to watch so far, though I wouldn't mind if the Lightning put up a bit of a fight before bowing out.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I'd at least stay and support my team. Also it's playoff hockey and tickets probably cost a ton. I'm not missing 10 minutes of hockey that I payed for.
That's a very odd way to go about watching sports live. If the product is not entertaining me I am not going to waste more of my time experiencing it just because I paid for it. Especially when I can leave early and reduce the amount of time it will take to get home.

And even if it wasn't "true fandom" to leave a game early, why does it matter? Hockey has a weird obsession with fans of the teams trying to demonstrate how much better their fans are than others.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
And even if it wasn't "true fandom" to leave a game early, why does it matter? Hockey has a weird obsession with fans of the teams trying to demonstrate how much better their fans are than others.
that's because hockey has the highest percentage of hardcore fans compared to other sports. Casual fans couldn't care less about being better than other team's fans

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I have no qualms about wanting Tampa to get smashed, because even if they do, it wouldn't be because Yzerman didn't put together one of the best teams in hockey.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Tatar and Nosek both expected in the Knights lineup tonight. Tatar for Perron on the second line with Neal and Haula, Nosek in for Oscar Lindberg.

Edit: Looks like Tuch with Neal and Haula.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wish we would have tried to trade for Shea Theodore, that kid is good.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Pacquette matched up against Kuznetsov.

No wonder Tampa is getting worked.

Edit: Whoops. Forgot we're in Washington. Still, that matchup is deadly for the Caps if they can get it.

Last edited:

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Man, the end of that game... the puck control by the Caps and the goaltending was just terrific.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I know it sucks for our pick, but it's hard not to cheer for Vegas right now. What a run and what a story ...

Reactions: njx9

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Well Vegas is officially in the final. It's pretty unbelievable. They're an expansion team! An expansion team in the Stanley cup final! I just have no explanation for this. I can't reconcile what's happening with what "should happen." What an insane story. I can't wait to watch the movie starring Charlie Hunnam (Jax From Sons of Anarchy) as Wild Bill Karlsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad