Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion Thread Western Conference Finals: Ducks vs Hawks Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatellaKid

Jul 9, 2013
that's my secret weapon. just wait and see. i'm going old school.

Excellent :yo: .....whatever it takes to wakes this team up!

tumblr_mogkmaler71rjcfxro1_400.gif

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Trying to be optimistic about Saturday, but with how we nearly choked away game 5 and then played "don't lose" hockey in game 6 I'm starting to get that feeling in my gut that we'll see the old timid, shell-shocked Ducks again in game 7. We all know Chicago is going to bring their best in this situation as they have multiple times before. Are we going to actually play the championship, tight defensive, forecheck-crazy hockey that got us here or stay back on our heels for 60 minutes while giving them five feet of neutral zone space all game?

Hopefully our captain can muster something from inside and finally look like the best player on the ice instead of the turnover machine we've seen a lot in this series. Chicago has been neutering the cycle game of the top line since Getzlaf can't seem to get out of the pass-first mentality, and when he does take shots they haven't looked dangerous at all. They can basically double team Perry at the crease knowing 15 won't make them pay for it.

They need to exploit matchups against Toews/Kane like they have most of the home games this series. The defense needs to activate and keep the strong forecheck/outlet passes going instead of watching dudes skate around them with the puck and hoping to make a reactive play. Andersen needs to step up and make some big saves, since obviously Chicago is going to get a few good chances no matter what we do. And if we do manage to get a few PP opportunities, can we actually have our forwards make some plays instead of (for whatever ******* reason) just chucking it to Beauch who takes a soft, predictable slapshot every chance he gets?

I still have faith we can win if we play the style that has gotten us here. GO DUCKS :yo:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
In the same way that Cam has stepped up his offense involvement in the playoffs, Getz needs to add to his arsenal. He needs to shoot more. Shooting doesn't mean he abandons all play making responsibilities. It means catching the Hawks unprepared. He knows how lethal his shot is. If he's learned anything about leadership it's to lead by example. Show everybody how much he wants to win. Go above and beyond his routine game. Don't just come out and play this like any other game.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
Gabby is feisty.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:
Bravo Booce!

Every Duck is probably fed up with how much everyone is talking Blackhawks only. There are two effing team in the WCF and both got there based on merit.
Stick it to them tomorrow Ducks! Make 'em talk about you, pump your tires. It's 100% a pride thing!

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
If we lose this game tomorrow, that would be three years in a row of not showing up for games 6 and 7. I would ask those of you who say you always felt next year would be our best shot at it, would you trust Boudreau to take us there?

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Yes.

Boudreau isn't the issue and more than it was the coach in San Jose at that point.
I would like to think this but Boudreau doesn't have a great game 7 or playoff record outside of our team, also. I'm hoping this is all moot and we win and go on to win the Cup and happily continue (I don't think I'm pessimistic as some are about our prospects tomorrow) but if we lose I have to say, I wouldn't feel very confident in next season.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
If we don't bring it tomorrow we simply don't deserve to be in the finals, enough talk lets see the result.

getzforfighting*

Ducks will bring the physical play from the get go, I find they play so much better when they hit everything that moves. Also forces guys like Richards,Vermette,Kruger,Rundblad and Cumiskey to make bad decisions with the puck. Take advantage of those guys, cancel out the big guns and they can win this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad