Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion Thread Western Conference Finals: Ducks vs Hawks Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
The Ducks didn't show up in the most important game of the season (as of yesterday). I've seen this **** before, unbelievable! :banghead: :rant:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought it wouldnt go to 7. Like I said earlier, I didnt foresee the refs handing them a game, which they did in game 4.

We always knew the Blackhawks would be the toughest opponent this Ducks team will ever have to face. There is no rational reason to be scared of the Rangers and Lightning, after the performances by both of them in this postseason. Its quite obvious the winner of Saturday's game will go on to win the cup.

Who do you think you're fooling? You paraded around the main board saying the Ducks would humiliate the Hawks loudly and often

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
Who do you think you're fooling? You paraded around the main board saying the Ducks would humiliate the Hawks loudly.

Whos to say we dont humiliate them on Saturday, like the Kings did to us last year? Talk about jumping the gun....:shakehead

Lets see what happens Saturday...

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Whos to say we dont humiliate them on Saturday, like the Kings did to us last year? Talk about jumping the gun....:shakehead

Lets see what happens Saturday...

You call losing a game 7 in a tight ass series humiliating? The Hawks and Ducks have each other on the ropes.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
You call losing a game 7 in a tight ass series humiliating? The Hawks and Ducks have each other on the ropes.

Re read my post so you can understand what I meant. Ill give you another try....:shakehead

Ill give you a hint: I made that Kings reference for a reason.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Well, after every negative thought possible in my head, I've allowed myself to imagine them coming out on Saturday with their best performance of the playoffs with everyone on the same page and it's pure bliss.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Re read my post so you can understand what I meant. Ill give you another try....:shakehead

Ill give you a hint: I made that Kings reference for a reason.

Yeah keep shaking your head. Your reasoning is still...well I'd rather not get in trouble for the word I want to use. The Kings didn't humiliate us. The Ducks humiliated themselves blowing a series lead and then playing like absolute trash for 50 minutes of that game 7

The Hawks even a series and forced game 7. I don't see the shame in losing an away game 7 to a team that's pretty much even.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
Yeah keep shaking your head. Your reasoning is still...well I'd rather not get in trouble for the word I want to use. The Kings didn't humiliate us. The Ducks humiliated themselves blowing a series lead and then playing like absolute trash for 50 minutes of that game 7

The Hawks even a series and forced game 7. I don't see the shame in losing an away game 7 to a team that's pretty much even.

Like I said earlier, its over in 5 if the refs didnt basically cheat for them in game 4. In which case I would have been right and wouldnt you be arguing with you right now. I guess hindsight really is 20/20 huh. :shakehead

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Like I said earlier, its over in 5 if the refs didnt basically cheat for them in game 4. In which case I would have been right and wouldnt you be arguing with you right now. I guess hindsight really is 20/20 huh. :shakehead

Enough with this ref ********. What happened happened and it's in the past. The facts are these. The Ducks have won 3 and lost 3 by their own failures and successes

The Hawks did what they had to to stay alive. The Ducks didn't do what they had to to advance. Hindsight really doesn't mean **** anymore. The Ducks either do what needs to be done Saturday or its over.

Either way the "embarrassment" potential is probably higher for the Ducks given the fact that they had the series lead and squandered it and because it's a home game.

mytduxfan*

Game 7 will be at home, just like it was last season. If the boys show up, I'll be happy. But, I'm obviously going for the win.

WTF happened at the FO dot last night? We got absolutely steam-rolled. Hopefully, that changes with the last change.

GO DUCKS GO!!!! :yo:

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Why all this BB hate...
Hawks have better roster and we are gonna play game 7 vs them.
Main problem is our 1st line, so slow, no transition game what so ever.
And 4th line, what a waste of space and time.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
I still have hope. Mad Getzlaf & Perry should lead us to victory. Freddy improved from last game, but we will need his best game in his short career in next game. Bring us that **** you attidude.

Team have two days to think about this.

And Rakell should sit and Wagner or Flash should be in.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
I still have hope. Mad Getzlaf & Perry should lead us to victory. Freddy improved from last game, but we will need his best game in his short career in next game. Bring us that **** you attidude.

Team have two days to think about this.

And Rakell should sit and Wagner or Flash should be in.
Although I agree that I would expect Getzlaf to have his best game of the series and that Rakell should sit and being at home might help us, I think the extra day off benefits them way more than us. Their defensemen get an extra days rest after a long series of playing heavy minutes.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
We have to approach game 7 as a opportunity to make a history and be pumped for that.
Very dissapointed in our fanbase.
I live 10 000 km away from Anaheim, probably never gonna attend any of the game and still have more faith than you guys here.
This is time to be arrogant and confident in our abilities, at the end of the way, we won 3 games already, so i dont get it how is game 7 no win for us.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
with the blame equally on everybody on the team, i still insist this is a classic BB getting out coached by JQ.

I mean seriously, in the game where the Ducks score 3 goals, JQ calls a timeout, stops the momentum and gets his team back in the game.

BB just let them walk all over Anaheim without so much as a TO to stop the hawks' momentum. that, more than anything, i think helped keep chicago's pressure alive in the 2nd.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
with the blame equally on everybody on the team, i still insist this is a classic BB getting out coached by JQ.

I mean seriously, in the game where the Ducks score 3 goals, JQ calls a timeout, stops the momentum and gets his team back in the game.

BB just let them walk all over Anaheim without so much as a TO to stop the hawks' momentum. that, more than anything, i think helped keep chicago's pressure alive in the 2nd.

Pretty sure there was a TV timeout and then they scored the 3rd.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
This team has gone very far for having a such bad coach.

Also coaching wizard Quenneville called a TO after Ducks scored 2 in game 4, and it still didn't help. But he's a wizard though.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Can the people saying Boudreau's getting outcoached provide specific examples of it?

This.

I was very vocal about the worry I had about Bruce getting outcoached this series. I don't think that's been the case at all. IMO, Q has dropped the ball more than BB. Q did everything he could tonight to get Toews away from Kesler and it did wonders. He should have done this a while ago. Fortunately for us he didn't. Q also benched TT and Vermette for game 3 which was a giant mistake.

Q did a great job of exposing our bottom pair and 4th line against his best players. We're lucky he was not emphasizing that more this series. Hopefully Bruce recognizes this and tries to counter is Saturday. Home ice should help.

honestly these are just two even teams. Our biggest weakness IMO is that Beauchemin and Lindholm have been ****ing horrible this entire series. Bruce needs to get Fowler and Despres out against Toews and Kane.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Between all the guys who were on the team last year and Kesler they all know the heartbreak of losing a game 7 and I'm hopeful they'll rise up to the occasion. The issue is the blackhawks know about game 7 heartbreak as well.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Adam Proteau
‏@Proteautype
Frederik Andersen's save percentages: .964 in Game 3; .875 in Game 4; .857 in Game 5; and .818 in Game 6.

Ouch

mytduxfan*

Although I agree that I would expect Getzlaf to have his best game of the series and that Rakell should sit and being at home might help us, I think the extra day off benefits them way more than us. Their defensemen get an extra days rest after a long series of playing heavy minutes.

The whole "the D will get tired" story has proven to be complete BS anyway. Keith is inhumane and Seabrook and Oduya have looked fine. I'd only say that Hjalmersson has struggled, but I think that's more to with him getting caught on the ice for too long and less to do with the series as a whole.

I prefer the extra day for the guys. Gets them prepared. Last time we had an extended period off we won comfortable at home. This one is really in our court and I'm hoping we can get over the hump this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad