Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion Thread Western Conference Finals: Ducks vs Hawks Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Whos to say we dont humiliate them on Saturday, like the Kings did to us last year? Talk about jumping the gun....:shakehead

Lets see what happens Saturday...

Yeah, you aren't fooling anyone. You've been too vocal in your dismissal of Chicago. No matter what happens in Game 7, your statements are already shown to be ridiculous.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Regardless of the numbers, he had nothing to do with the game 6 **** show. That was another pressure game meltdown by the skaters.

Yup. This was a game the team needed to show up in, and they didn't. Defense, something that has been a strength all series, was just a mess. I'm hoping it's just a bad game, and not nerves. The one thing I'm sure of is that Chicago knows what they need to do to win Game 7. I'm not as convinced the Ducks do, right now.

But I'm also not at all saying this team is incapable. Anaheim didn't have the match ups last night, and Chicago really took advantage. That's something I think this team has that they didn't have last season. That team was less about the match ups, but this team can exploit them. They are going to need to.

And for ****'s sake, they need to get on Keith. It blows me away how much time they were willing to give him with the puck. All series long they've tried to pressure, and they just suddenly stop in Game 6? What the hell was that?

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
Yeah, you aren't fooling anyone. You've been too vocal in your dismissal of Chicago. No matter what happens in Game 7, your statements are already shown to be ridiculous.

Yeah right. We clearly outplayed in the first 5 games. You dont think giving up 3 goals in 30 seconds is embarrassing? By all accounts we should have won that game if the refs dont cheat. How was I supposed to know we would get cheated?

I dont care what anyone on this site says. I know what I said. Ill be at game 7 on Saturday so really "fooling anyone" isnt exactly high on my priority list.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
The whole "the D will get tired" story has proven to be complete BS anyway. Keith is inhumane and Seabrook and Oduya have looked fine. I'd only say that Hjalmersson has struggled, but I think that's more to with him getting caught on the ice for too long and less to do with the series as a whole.

Hjalmersson was +4 last night, so he may be rested after all.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
The whole "the D will get tired" story has proven to be complete BS anyway. Keith is inhumane and Seabrook and Oduya have looked fine. I'd only say that Hjalmersson has struggled, but I think that's more to with him getting caught on the ice for too long and less to do with the series as a whole.

I prefer the extra day for the guys. Gets them prepared. Last time we had an extended period off we won comfortable at home. This one is really in our court and I'm hoping we can get over the hump this time around.

Defense looks bad when you pressure them.

Our dedense looked bad because it made slow puck decisions and kept backhanding along the boards... leaving no one in a position to dish the puck out.

The shear number of failed clears, lack of clean passes, and turnovers was mind numbing.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah right. We clearly outplayed in the first 5 games. You dont think giving up 3 goals in 30 seconds is embarrassing? By all accounts we should have won that game if the refs dont cheat. How was I supposed to know we would get cheated?

I dont care what anyone on this site says. I know what I said. Ill be at game 7 on Saturday so really "fooling anyone" isnt exactly high on my priority list.
The right team won game 5.

You're really just making yourself look silly.

soya_sauce_chicken

Mar 28, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
215.jpg

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
morton-full-size.png

We need to take a deep breath, sit down, and chill out.

Oh and start pre-gaming Friday at 5:00.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I was talking about game 4? :huh:
My mistake. I meant game 4 too. The right team won game 4. Yes the refs took away the win. But they took away a win that wasn't deserved. The team that played for 20:37 is not deserving of winning.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Everyone else knows what you said as well.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
Everyone else knows what you said as well.

Good for them. I stand by what I said. Cant predict what the refs will do though.

Either way, ill be there Saturday cheering my team on and hoping we go to the Cup finals. What anyone on this site thinks is the last of my worries. ;)

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015

I prefer the extra day for the guys. Gets them prepared. Last time we had an extended period off we won comfortable at home. This one is really in our court and I'm hoping we can get over the hump this time around.
The only one who has really looked fine the whole time is Keith. Seabrook and Oduya and Hjalmarsson have definitely felt it. It played a factor, we've been the better team four of these games already, we just only managed to win three of them.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It's difficult to say if the cracks in Chicago's defense are fatigue, or just Anaheim's pressure. It may well be a combination, but I think the latter has posed the greater issue. Keith has had a good series, and there is no denying it, but Anaheim has still done a good job of keeping him from being too dangerous, and they've done that by eliminating his time and space.

On the whole, I'd say that's the biggest reason Anaheim has had success this series. More than any hitting they've done, they've hounded the puck. Constantly. And it isn't just one guy skating by and taking a swipe at the player with the puck, or just laying a hit on a player after the puck is gone. It's two forwards coming in, every time, and forcing Chicago to make plays they don't want to make. And as soon as the puck carrier crosses their defensive blue line, that third forward is right there. The Ducks simply can't give them time, like they did last game. Not in any of the three zones.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It's difficult to say if the cracks in Chicago's defense are fatigue, or just Anaheim's pressure. It may well be a combination, but I think the latter has posed the greater issue. Keith has had a good series, and there is no denying it, but Anaheim has still done a good job of keeping him from being too dangerous, and they've done that by eliminating his time and space.

On the whole, I'd say that's the biggest reason Anaheim has had success this series. More than any hitting they've done, they've hounded the puck. Constantly. And it isn't just one guy skating by and taking a swipe at the player with the puck, or just laying a hit on a player after the puck is gone. It's two forwards coming in, every time, and forcing Chicago to make plays they don't want to make. And as soon as the puck carrier crosses their defensive blue line, that third forward is right there. The Ducks simply can't give them time, like they did last game. Not in any of the three zones.

Exactly. Play to win. Chicago is better at the precision game. Don't give them the chance because they're better than our trap is.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i have been very hard on BB and probably one of his biggest critics...but, this IS NOT on him....i have been very impressed with his decision making so far...not that it is ONLY on him, but getzlaf has thornton-esque and its really starting to concern me...when is this guy going to say screw toews, im going to take over this game and lead my team to a win....he has a lot riding on this game 7, his teams have not done well in game 7's/put away games with him as the C and a loss on saturday can really start to solidify it for him...i have NO confidence in this team winning on saturday but it is for good reason since that is all this team has shown me.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
i have been very hard on BB and probably one of his biggest critics...but, this IS NOT on him....i have been very impressed with his decision making so far...not that it is ONLY on him, but getzlaf has thornton-esque and its really starting to concern me...when is this guy going to say screw toews, im going to take over this game and lead my team to a win....he has a lot riding on this game 7, his teams have not done well in game 7's/put away games with him as the C and a loss on saturday can really start to solidify it for him...i have NO confidence in this team winning on saturday but it is for good reason since that is all this team has shown me.

Agree on Getzlaf. Last year it was pretty much all on him and the top line. We got multiple lines rolling and Kesler backing him up this year. No excuses.

getzforfighting*

I cant even begin to explain how big a Getzy goal would mean to the team. I may never have been an NHL player but I can tell you that once your leader scores a goal, it lifts the whole team up.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I can't remember the last time that Getzlaf scored a goal in playoff game and the Ducks didn't win. It doesn't happen often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad