Playerunknown's battleground

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Don't see how it's a good strat, it's quite easy to kill someone driving towards you.

Not on Xbox it's not, that's why everyone is in cars.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
How generous is the aim assist on xbox? If there is very little I can see why it would be super difficult to kill someone in a car. On pc I’d rather have the guy driving towards me than running. They’re much easier to kill.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just got my first Chicken Dinner. EFF YEAH MAN!!!

Feels good!

Got 3 kills. All of them from laying down in grass. Two of them the people didn't even see me (including the final kill) where people walked right in front of me. I never even got shot once all game. I got shot at once but ran away. Man that was thrilling. Heart was pounding.

So now I have had 3 #3 finishes, 2 #2 finishes and 1 #1 lol.\

EDIT: Uhhhh are the stats way off on career page on PC? Says I have only played 5 matches and 2 in the top 10 with 1 win. It should be I have played about 15-20 matches, at least 10 top 10 finishes. The 1 win is correct though.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
How generous is the aim assist on xbox? If there is very little I can see why it would be super difficult to kill someone in a car. On pc I’d rather have the guy driving towards me than running. They’re much easier to kill.
It's quite difficult. They still haven't gotten the aim tuning on point for controller use as of yet.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Don't see how it's a good strat, it's quite easy to kill someone driving towards you.

On console it's apparently ridiculously hard. Not sure why anyone is trying to shoot the driver if it's that hard, just light the car itself up.

Don't think they have aim assist, or it's very mild.

Just got my first Chicken Dinner. EFF YEAH MAN!!!

Feels good!

Got 3 kills. All of them from laying down in grass. Two of them the people didn't even see me (including the final kill) where people walked right in front of me. I never even got shot once all game. I got shot at once but ran away. Man that was thrilling. Heart was pounding.

So now I have had 3 #3 finishes, 2 #2 finishes and 1 #1 lol.\

EDIT: Uhhhh are the stats way off on career page on PC? Says I have only played 5 matches and 2 in the top 10 with 1 win. It should be I have played about 15-20 matches, at least 10 top 10 finishes. The 1 win is correct though.

They mess with those stats all the time, I think. I don't even know if they count disconnects or leaving a game right away as a loss...if so, I have a ton of games logged that I never actually did anything in.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I played a few days ago and for the first time ever, in 110+ hours of playing, I got stuck behind the first two entire waves (basically outside the boundries) because there were no cars at ALL. I did make it pass the wall before the 3rd circle started to move, but when I crossed and tried to heal up, I got picked off. My luck :laugh:.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Had a nice win two days ago in duos on the new map. Played cautiously, by necessity because of a bad drop (the lag was unbearable so we were so late getting weapons we bailed and hit the smaller buildings around the map), and just made some smart choices with our position in the mountains. Ended up stuck below the final duo, who was above us on a steep mountain face with no way up and the final circle meant we had to move up to them somehow. Had to run out of the zone, climb up a bunch of areas, then came out on a side they weren't expecting and popped them quick for the dinner.

Just remember, going outside the play zone isn't instant death, so consider going into it if you're in a bind.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Hard to get used to FPP when I started out in third. And not playing for months. And with a team that has a problem sticking together. :laugh:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I played a few days ago and for the first time ever, in 110+ hours of playing, I got stuck behind the first two entire waves (basically outside the boundries) because there were no cars at ALL. I did make it pass the wall before the 3rd circle started to move, but when I crossed and tried to heal up, I got picked off. My luck :laugh:.

My friends and I call it running simulator

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Not on Xbox it's not, that's why everyone is in cars.

Depends if that last circle has cover and it's solo? Shooting from cover it's easy but if it's a field in solo there will probably be all vehicles. This strategy does not work well with teams because it's easy for more than one guy to blow up a car. One guy..... on the other hand while trying to not get run over is a risk.

I have only dealt with all vehicles in solo...

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Got my second win today in solos! Got a bit lucky as the final circle had one small house in it, and nothing but an open field. I was actually in the field while the other remaining three went at it near the house. During that battle, the final guy to come away was behind the circle. He was already hurt, and the circle did the rest of the work. Won without getting the final kill, though we were both shooting each other as he died. Sometimes you just gotta get lucky.

Reactions: Lancer

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Got my second win today in solos! Got a bit lucky as the final circle had one small house in it, and nothing but an open field. I was actually in the field while the other remaining three went at it near the house. During that battle, the final guy to come away was behind the circle. He was already hurt, and the circle did the rest of the work. Won without getting the final kill, though we were both shooting each other as he died. Sometimes you just gotta get lucky.
Are you on Xbox or Pc? Because my game the other day went exactly like this. I took out one guy in the final 4 or 5 I think it was and then just waited behind a wall next to a house in the final two for like 5 minutes and then the final circle came and my panicked self tried to get inside the final circle instead of just getting the kill it wasn' until most of my health was gone before I got a shot off and the playzone killed me.

I've 3 or 4 top two finishes and it's driving me crazy.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Are you on Xbox or Pc? Because my game the other day went exactly like this. I took out one guy in the final 4 or 5 I think it was and then just waited behind a wall next to a house in the final two for like 5 minutes and then the final circle came and my panicked self tried to get inside the final circle instead of just getting the kill it wasn' until most of my health was gone before I got a shot off and the playzone killed me.

I've 3 or 4 top two finishes and it's driving me crazy.

I was on PC, but in mine the 3rd place guy died shortly before the guy in 2nd.

I think I had four 2nds and five 3rds or so before I won the first time, so keep working at it. A lot of it is simply circle luck. The other big thing is to put yourself into a winning position based on the equipment you have. If you don't have any sniper/decent scope (4x+) at the end of the game, you have to realize that the only way you can win is close quarters, or killing someone towards the end to take theirs. Otherwise, before the final circle, you may need to play risky or move around into a spot that plays to the strength of what you have. It's much different than playing for second, because you can simply hide and let everyone else kill each other.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just got my second chicken dinner. Laying in the grass again lol. Almost got one in the desert but both so far have been in the forest level. This time we were both laying in the grass, I knew exactly where the dude was and tried shooting from prone but couldn't hit. Tossed a smoke at 'em just to screw with them... they didn't budge and neither did I. We sat there for a good long time then the map started its final close and I stood up and wasted the fool. FEELS GOOD MAN!

Stats page is all jacked up but it at least shows my 2 W's. Says I am in the top 0.46% too. It was top 1.67% before that game. However the game thinks I have only played about 20 games when I have played about 50 with 20+ top 10 finishes.

My advice to people is if you aren't in a building be crouching in a bush. make sure EVERYTHING around you is clear before running to the next bush. Lots of times you will get killed but so far its worked for me for the most part. When the circles get really small and theres <15 players left just stay prone in the grass if possible. If out in the desert (ive never won there mind you but ive taken 2nd twice there) Just look around A LOT and be ready to shoot at any second. And have SMOKE grenades!!! They save lives.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Hard to get used to FPP when I started out in third. And not playing for months. And with a team that has a problem sticking together. :laugh:
I always play in third. Cannot see around corners in FPP very well. I get it, some people think its cheap but I don't think so if everyone has the ability to do it.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Since the latest update the game has been complete shit.

Network lag and controller disconnect notices all the time. Lost me and my friends almost every match tonight.

That and its like you have to only find a pistol as the first weapon you come across.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Managed to rope a few of my IRL buddies into playing this game with me. Started them out in FPP so they don’t get used to TPP, and so far they’re really liking it. One of them is in the Army, and he points out every damn inconsistency he finds in this game, haha.

As for playstyle, we’re all about fragging out. We managed to get top-10 a few times while also getting ~10 kills total between us. I think the most I’ve gotten has been 8 so far. Definitely nice having people to consistently play with, though. Solo just isn’t fun anymore, in my opinion. Then again, I’ve got 100+ hours in this game, a ton of that in solo, so it’s been nice to change the pace by playing with some buddies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I was on PC, but in mine the 3rd place guy died shortly before the guy in 2nd.

I think I had four 2nds and five 3rds or so before I won the first time, so keep working at it. A lot of it is simply circle luck. The other big thing is to put yourself into a winning position based on the equipment you have. If you don't have any sniper/decent scope (4x+) at the end of the game, you have to realize that the only way you can win is close quarters, or killing someone towards the end to take theirs. Otherwise, before the final circle, you may need to play risky or move around into a spot that plays to the strength of what you have. It's much different than playing for second, because you can simply hide and let everyone else kill each other.

Just be careful looting bodies really late in the game. Most times you're better off skipping them because the circle is too small and you'll be vulnerable. At a certain point it's just not worth the risk.

My advice to people is if you aren't in a building be crouching in a bush. make sure EVERYTHING around you is clear before running to the next bush. Lots of times you will get killed but so far its worked for me for the most part. When the circles get really small and theres

You'll change this strategy as you get a little more comfortable being in the final few. The key is to never be in an open position that requires you to be in a bush, haha. Little hills and dips can be life savers. There are certain spots on the map where they don't exist and the bushes are the next best thing, but I take a little dip in the ground over a bush any day. I play the new map exactly the same way as the old, because it's that type of positioning that will help you win games.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Just be careful looting bodies really late in the game. Most times you're better off skipping them because the circle is too small and you'll be vulnerable. At a certain point it's just not worth the risk.
Agreed on that. You have you be in a little dip or valley or behind a house or something, and even then, odds are everyone knows where you're at because of the sound (if you just killed someone), so it's pretty dangerous.

I also agree that the bush strategy should be last resort. You can get shot from all directions at all times if anyone sees you.

Reactions: PK Cronin

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You'll change this strategy as you get a little more comfortable being in the final few. The key is to never be in an open position that requires you to be in a bush, haha. Little hills and dips can be life savers. There are certain spots on the map where they don't exist and the bushes are the next best thing, but I take a little dip in the ground over a bush any day. I play the new map exactly the same way as the old, because it's that type of positioning that will help you win games.
I didn't mean it verbatim lol. But if the option is there and the times I have won it has been a great strategy for getting around. I also didn't mean exclusively when the circle is really small. Because laying down you cant always see or have a good angle so better to be crouched if possible. Coming to find out too that staying on the edges of the circle near the end is much better. I used to run to the middle just so I wouldn't have to move again anytime soon. However everyone is looking toward the middle haha. Again, not verbatim advise there and there are exceptions.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What's with each gun having it's own reticle on the 4x? I like the AK version the best, but I don't really like using the AK with a 4x....I much prefer the SCAR or M16, I just don't like their 4x reticles as much. I wish that was something we could choose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad