Playerunknown's battleground

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah I downloaded and played one game, and I was also impressed with how it works for being so complicated normally. I think I ended up with 3 kills in a squad game. Two of my teammates quit right away, and the third one jumped far away from me. I drove a buggy over to him to team up, and he started shooting at me. I'm guessing he didn't know I was on his team, but somehow I'm not surprised.
Lmao that's awesome. There are so many great moments in this game. The people who have never played on PC/XBox and start on mobile will likely have a bit of a learning curve, so I wouldn't be surprised by some dumb teammates/enemies. I feel like killing someone out of a car on mobile would be really difficult. I could see that as the ideal strategy at least early on. Get a UAZ/Dacia and just run people over and take their stuff.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Lmao that's awesome. There are so many great moments in this game. The people who have never played on PC/XBox and start on mobile will likely have a bit of a learning curve, so I wouldn't be surprised by some dumb teammates/enemies. I feel like killing someone out of a car on mobile would be really difficult. I could see that as the ideal strategy at least early on. Get a UAZ/Dacia and just run people over and take their stuff.

I was able to do that for a kill and attempted to do it for a few others, the issue I was having was that my phone screen was so small that I couldn't locate the players when they were in bushes and things because I was driving too quickly. On a tablet it may work better.

Overall, I was impressed with the mobile version. It ran smoothly and seemed to be mostly the same game, just stripped of detail and minor changes on the buildings. The fact that the looting was made automatic was really nice and something I wish they'd add to the regular game. Standing next to ammo that you use or equipment that was an upgrade was automatically picked up or equipped for me, which was great because I didn't have to fumble with the inventory system (which isn't as bad as I thought it'd be). Because there are two shoot buttons, I kept wasting ammo by accidentally tapping them when moving or looking around. Ended up with 5 kills in my first game but it appeared to be mostly bots, as reported by others. I'd rather spend my time playing other games on mobile and focus on the actual PUBG instead of the mobile version, even though it was quite good.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The mobile version is great!!! I find the hit detection 100x better than the PC version lol. I took #4 on my first play and #2 on my second. I didn't even see the last guy and thought I had him pinned down. Full health then bap bap bap in the back... #2. ARGH haha. But I normally hate mobile games, cannot handle touch screen controls. It's fantastic on mobile though!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You play against bots in your first few mobile games.
Yeah just read about this. Doh! I suck again. :laugh:

EDIT: Been playing a lot more and the bots are getting less and less. I am not doing AS good but still doing OK :)

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Can anyone give an update on how this preforms on X1?

I keep hearing in podcasts I listen to and such about how bad it plays, but surely it's gotten better since release?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The new shotgun mode is awesome. The fact there's no healing makes the mode so much better.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Why do some players just sit in the blue and snipe? Even though it's clear they're going to die in the zone.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why do some players just sit in the blue and snipe? Even though it's clear they're going to die in the zone.

Sometimes they get stuck there and know they can't make it out, so rather than just dying they'll try to take some others out with them. If you're talking about people close to the edge who pull up to shoot, I've misjudged the zone strength a few times and have been killed because of it. Happens when you get excited for a seemingly easy kill.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I'm talking about when people are in houses or near as my teammate and I are running past. We're going to make it to the next circle, yet others just stick behind just to snipe instead of actually making it to the next circle that could be easily reachable.

I'm all for strategy revolving around the outside of the circle picking off players as they're coming from the blue. But to seemingly intentionally stay in the blue knowing you're going to die when you could make the next circle just to get a couple of potential pot shots seems idiotic.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
And right after I say the best part of the Shotgun mode was no healing... they promptly go out and add healing.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm talking about when people are in houses or near as my teammate and I are running past. We're going to make it to the next circle, yet others just stick behind just to snipe instead of actually making it to the next circle that could be easily reachable.

I'm all for strategy revolving around the outside of the circle picking off players as they're coming from the blue. But to seemingly intentionally stay in the blue knowing you're going to die when you could make the next circle just to get a couple of potential pot shots seems idiotic.

I guess it depends. If it's early in the game it might be worth it because the damage you're taking is so low you'll survive if you have enough med supplies. Otherwise, I don't really know other than people not realizing how much damage they're about to take. I definitely understand how annoying it can be. I don't make it a habit to play outside the zone, there are too many ways to get screwed.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I guess it depends. If it's early in the game it might be worth it because the damage you're taking is so low you'll survive if you have enough med supplies. Otherwise, I don't really know other than people not realizing how much damage they're about to take. I definitely understand how annoying it can be. I don't make it a habit to play outside the zone, there are too many ways to get screwed.

I'm not talking about the 1st circle. We've all been screwed without a car in that situation. But guys camped in houses playing like its cod and not even trying to push or win.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Got three chicken dinners yesterday. EU Duo FPP Rank top 500, undeservedly though :laugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Huge update pushed out today. Tons of gun re-balances, new gun, new vehicle, map selection etc. Haven't had a chance to play yet, but I like the idea of the update. Basically they're trying to make it so that ARs aren't great in every situation to get people to use something else. I wonder if they went far enough to make a difference or if people will still look to ARs for everything.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
From what I can tell, SMGs have gotten a MASSIVE boost and are really really good now, especially the UMP. Hell, they even knocked off a ton of recoil from the Tommy Gun. The SLR is stupid powerful, even if it has higher recoil. There is a hidden update that wasn't in the notes for the AKM, and that its horizontal recoil has been reduced by a ton. While it still kicks vertically, it does not flop around side to side nearly as much anymore.

Some good shit. I wish they kept the new circles during that one update, but nope, people had to bitch about that.

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
UMP with a halfgrip is ludicrous

and yeah, I remember reading that there was no AK recoil changes, and the first time I used one I was like "uhhhh wut" then wackyjacky's video confirmed what I thought lol

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I already though the UMP was great, what did they do to it to make it even better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->