Playerunknown's battleground

Discussion in 'Geek Emporium' started by Seb, Mar 20, 2017.

1. PK Cronin

PK Cronin Bailey Fan Club Prez

You're right, and I also wasn't thinking about FPP vs TPP which makes a major difference for that type of strategy. Gaining the middle is good if there's a strong position to hold (a house or a nice ridge, etc.), otherwise it's exactly like you said where everyone is looking and is going to light you up.

The only hard and fast rule in the game, I think, is get a gun ASAP. Everything else is up to your own style of play. :laugh:

Lancer likes this.
  2. SeidoN

SeidoN #HFOutcasts

Roaster
    so a couple months back, we got matched with the thirstiest man in all of China (NSFW warning)

3. Lancer

Lancer Lord

So I figured it out about the stats being messed up. They aren't messed up at all actually. A while ago I realized I was defaulted to the Asian region. I switched this to North America when I realized it. When looking at the career page it separates it out by gametype and region. So half my stats are on the AS servers.

Anyways, got my third chicken dinner (so my strategies cant be that bad guys come on lol). Top 0.14% now in NA. Got my most kills in a match too with 5. Woohoo! Got around 1,100PG points that match. I have decided that any rifle with a 4x scope is the best for me. I own with that setup. The problem is its so hard to find 4x scopes haha. I never drop in big towns so maybe that's my problem. I always find one on a dead guy though. that last match I had an 8x sitting in my inventory that I found in a random dead guys crate but never got a rifle that could use it. Kind of a blessing really.

4. Lancer

Lancer Lord

I'm on a roll! Just got 2nd in a row chicken dinners! That's 4 now. Top 0.04% :eek:

Also my first on the desert level.

P.S. The ghillie suit doesn't help you in the sand haha. Dudes stuck out like sore thumbs. Speaking of those suits. I have never found one. *shrug*. Actually used the 8x this time to kill a guy with the SKS. Took 3 shots but I got him. Other 2 of the 3 I had were with the 4x. However one guy I wasn't even zoomed in on. Last circle was closing and guy came running around the corner of a building (never had a final circle with a building in it either) and POP POP POP.... chicken dinner!

I have also learned in these past two games how valuable painkillers and energy drinks are. Holy cow! I never used to use those but dang they help when the circles are getting small. And smoke grenades... LOTS and LOTS of smoke grenades. If anything it just confuses the eff out of people and draws their attention.

And yes, I might post every time I get a CD. Just really exciting when you win these solo TPP ones.

5. Dolemite

Dolemite The one...the only... Sponsor

Home Page:
    I just discovered deadma5’s pubg channel. Not bad.

6. PK Cronin

Not sure if you know or not but the ghillie suits are only in the drop crates, so if you're not going to those you won't find them anywhere else.

7. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub And that's why I always say, Shumshumschilpiddydah

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK yes.

Finally got my chicken dinner.

Oddly enough he was wearing a ghillie suit trying to be all stealthy. Well it doesnt do **** when I saw him go down on the ground and knew where he was. So I just waited for him to come to the circle as I sat behind a tree, he went past I went around the other side and lit his ass up.

PK Cronin and Wild11MN like this.
  8. Lancer

Lancer Lord

I actually didn't know that. :laugh:

Nice man! Congrats! Feels good!!!!

WubbaLubbaDubDub likes this.
  9. 542365

542365 Schwartz Be With You

Played 6 solo games yesterday. 2nd place 4 times. Twice I was just in bad position relative to the circle and twice I just straight up choked. I still get so nervous even though I’ve won several games lol.

CPTN71, Wild11MN and WubbaLubbaDubDub like this.
  10. Lancer

Lancer Lord

I dont get AS nervous. Like my heart doesnt race anymore lol. But its still nerve racking!

This game makes me want to watch No Escape with Ray Liotta haha

WubbaLubbaDubDub likes this.
  11. 50 Sheas of Grey

50 Sheas of Grey Registered User

How does this game run on Xbox One?
    I'm thinking about getting it but heard there are some performance issues. Is it smarter to wait until they patch it and the game goes on sale, and play Fortnite for the time being?

12. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub And that's why I always say, Shumshumschilpiddydah

I play and it's definitely gotten better since it first released. It's definitely playable imo but still has a little work.

13. BillDerlago

BillDerlago They did it Naylor

Was wondering this myself thanks, a buddy tells me that people have modded controllers to allow themselves to use keyboard/mouse on console. That's nutty.

14. HawksFan74

HawksFan74 Tread Lightly

It's much better since release. It's not as smooth at Fortnite but it's def worth the price IMO. I like to switch between the two.

15. Wild11MN

Wild11MN First round losers

I hate that they keep switching the replay system so you can no longer view old replays. I had my few wins saved there, and I would have liked to go back and watch the end of them sometime.

16. Mr Fahrenheit

Mr Fahrenheit Valar Morghulis

Not even sure what they changed on replay system

17. DisgruntledHawkFan

DisgruntledHawkFan Blackhawk Down

Cranes and ****
    Best worst game on XBOX.

18. ArGarBarGar

ArGarBarGar Defense Please

[​IMG]

My first chicken dinner, and it was the most unearned one I can imagine.

My time was spent driving in a jeep distracting the opposition, getting shot, and my teammates picking the enemy off as they went to loot my corpse. I'm like the Jonathan Toews of PUBG. Nothing but intangibles.

19. tmurfin

tmurfin So Good! Mony Mony!

Contribution my man, I spent the weekend laying disctraction/cover fire so my much higher skilled team mates could flank our enemies. Oh, and yah need ammo or meds? I got you bud :laugh:

20. 542365

Apparently they're testing a strictly ping-based connection. I think it's a good idea. Obviously it's good to get in games where you're not going to get absolutely slaughtered, but connection is vital in a game like this with bullet drop and bullet travel time. Adding a bunch of ping to that is just a recipe for disaster.

21. SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS Registered User Sponsor

I think that is a great idea. I think they should also, at the same time, improve their servers to actually have a higher tick rate.

22. PK Cronin

Just had a friend do a similar thing this weekend, except it was two dinners in the same night. First one the kill break down for the squad was, teammate had 8, I had 5, last guy had 0. Second game it was something like, teammate had 15 (9 in the opening minutes), I had 2, last guy had 0. During the first one the guy with 0 was shooting at the final opponent, but he died to the blue zone and not my buddy so he didn't get credit with the kill.

23. mouser

mouser Business of Hockey

Anyone else find it amusing that H1Z1 is finally exiting Early Access, and their active player base is down about 90% from their high water mark?

24. 542365

I downloaded the mobile version of the game and was pretty impressed how well they repackaged it on the mobile platform. Played one game and won solo with 4 kills lol. It's not the same game, but it's a fun little time killer still. I played it on my phone and it was tough to see people. I think it would be quite a bit better on an iPad.

25. Wild11MN

Wild11MN First round losers

Yeah I downloaded and played one game, and I was also impressed with how it works for being so complicated normally. I think I ended up with 3 kills in a squad game. Two of my teammates quit right away, and the third one jumped far away from me. I drove a buggy over to him to team up, and he started shooting at me. I'm guessing he didn't know I was on his team, but somehow I'm not surprised.