Playerunknown's battleground

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Also, Nvidia just released a new driver specifically for this game.

Does it stop the bad module error? I reverted back to an older version of Windows 10 to get rid of it, but then I started receiving a new error. It's been really frustrating trying to figure it out.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Depending on how people say the game runs once this 1.0 patch goes official with live servers, I may try this again on Christmas Day or after.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Trying to play this on XB1 and I've never faced such a difficult control scheme. Wow. Makes it hard just to figure out the core game play as I fumble through controls. Went four games before I figured out ADS.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Trying to play this on XB1 and I've never faced such a difficult control scheme. Wow. Makes it hard just to figure out the core game play as I fumble through controls. Went four games before I figured out ADS.
Had you played on PC before? I'm a bit worried it'll be difficult for me when I try it even though I've played a bunch on PC... and I'm basically exclusively a console gamer too.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Had you played on PC before? I'm a bit worried it'll be difficult for me when I try it even though I've played a bunch on PC... and I'm basically exclusively a console gamer too.

Nope, I've only ever watched it. There's a lot I can't figure out right now. No idea what all the inventory does, etc. Being able to just focus on controls should make it easier for you.

I managed to finish #3 on my 5th game after I got ADS down and the basics. Lots of fun but really difficult. Especially aiming with high powered scopes. The sensitivity is really high.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
My FPS actually got down going from EA to 1.0, not sure why??

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Nope, I've only ever watched it. There's a lot I can't figure out right now. No idea what all the inventory does, etc. Being able to just focus on controls should make it easier for you.

I managed to finish #3 on my 5th game after I got ADS down and the basics. Lots of fun but really difficult. Especially aiming with high powered scopes. The sensitivity is really high.
Hold start and go into game settings and you can adjust all your sensitivity settings. It helps a lot.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
How does the inventory system work on console? On PC you just right click the item you want or drag it over. Wondering how it works on the console because being quick while looting bodies is really important.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
How does the inventory system work on console? On PC you just right click the item you want or drag it over. Wondering how it works on the console because being quick while looting bodies is really important.

you just hit x to start looting over the crate, and select everything you want my moving the left stick up and down and pressing X. You can loot an entire crate in seconds.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I’m trying to get better at squads, but coordinating with 3 other people is pretty difficult. I can handle one other person, but communication is key when it’s 4v4. Not always easy to say what I mean in a firefight, haha.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’m trying to get better at squads, but coordinating with 3 other people is pretty difficult. I can handle one other person, but communication is key when it’s 4v4. Not always easy to say what I mean in a firefight, haha.

If you play with the same people, develop names for specific types of buildings and in certain cities. Also, use the compass. :laugh:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
If you play with the same people, develop names for specific types of buildings and in certain cities. Also, use the compass. :laugh:
Yeah, good advice. My big issue is when a teammate runs off pretty far, and then the bearings I call out don’t mean anything to them. I guess I just need to form some chemistry with some regulars and stop playing with random people.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yeah, good advice. My big issue is when a teammate runs off pretty far, and then the bearings I call out don’t mean anything to them. I guess I just need to form some chemistry with some regulars and stop playing with random people.

Yeah, I had a debate with a friend about that. He insisted the numbers were the same no matter where you are positioned...he was wrong. East, West, and using geographical markers when you can is the best way to call out. There's also the ability to look on the mini-map and see where your teammates are looking if you're having trouble locating something.

Some of the names I use most frequently with friend are these:

Warehouse
Restaurant
Garage
2 story brick
Cement with balcony
Radar room
Puzzle Pieces (for specific apartments)
Hopsital (Narrow vs U shaped roof call-outs)
Tents (specific location in Novo by the crates)

After a while you'll develop names for the spots you frequent the most. We have specific houses that certain events have taken place in that get names and allow us to communicate quicker. A friend and I once killed a popular streamer in a cool scenario, so that building has been given a name based off of that. Something as simple as "Good apartments" means something in particular cities. Playing with randoms is a lot harder than friends or a regular group.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You playing on Xbox or pc? I'm down to start up some squad or duo play on Xbox.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Yeah, I had a debate with a friend about that. He insisted the numbers were the same no matter where you are positioned...he was wrong. East, West, and using geographical markers when you can is the best way to call out. There's also the ability to look on the mini-map and see where your teammates are looking if you're having trouble locating something.

Some of the names I use most frequently with friend are these:

Warehouse
Restaurant
Garage
2 story brick
Cement with balcony
Radar room
Puzzle Pieces (for specific apartments)
Hopsital (Narrow vs U shaped roof call-outs)
Tents (specific location in Novo by the crates)

After a while you'll develop names for the spots you frequent the most. We have specific houses that certain events have taken place in that get names and allow us to communicate quicker. A friend and I once killed a popular streamer in a cool scenario, so that building has been given a name based off of that. Something as simple as "Good apartments" means something in particular cities. Playing with randoms is a lot harder than friends or a regular group.
I’ve taken to trying to quickly access the map and marking where I’m talking about. It’s not really a good idea unless I’m in cover, but I’ve gotten frustrated enough a few times to risk it, haha. Definitely gonna have to steal some of those names, though. I’ve heard some people use some very...colorful...names to describe some buildings during some games, to say the least, haha.

You playing on Xbox or pc? I'm down to start up some squad or duo play on Xbox.
I’m on PC, unfortunately. Appreciate the invite, though.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I cannot win a damn match to save my life. I came in second the other day and was killed by the damn play zone. And I knew where he was at I was just so caught up in not moving I didn't wanna heal and expose myself.

I haven't been on in a day or two but last I checked I was finishing top 10 around 10% of the time. Don't know how good or bad that is, I'm around 25hrs played.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I cannot win a damn match to save my life. I came in second the other day and was killed by the damn play zone. And I knew where he was at I was just so caught up in not moving I didn't wanna heal and expose myself.

I haven't been on in a day or two but last I checked I was finishing top 10 around 10% of the time. Don't know how good or bad that is, I'm around 25hrs played.
I'm probably around 20% or so, but at the same time my highest number of kills is 4, and I've only done it once. :laugh: Stealth for the win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad