46- Matt Spencer
47- Ilya Samsonov
48- Andrew Mangiapane
49- Erik Foley
50- Sebastian Aho

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
^
How did Kylington fall to 34??? I would take him at 24.

Players below him just got better, whereas he's been fairly up and down all season with his play, especially with his defensive play. I haven't seen much of him though and mostly rely on other sources. Gabriel Carlsson, Denis Guryanov, Mitchell Stephens and Nicolas Meloche have been huge risers in the last few months.

To be honest, from about the #25 spot to about the #40 spot, the margin is incredibly close to me. I could see Kylington going in the first round for sure.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
No Jordan Greenway in top 50? Guy is a beast. I'd be happy with him at 24, although he'll probably be available later.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No Jordan Greenway in top 50? Guy is a beast. I'd be happy with him at 24, although he'll probably be available later.

He just keeps falling and falling. He's a massive player but his upside seems rather limited to be honest.

I can see him going between #51 and #70.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kylington is a high risk pick IMO.

Can I see him being one of the most impactful players in the draft? Yes. Can I see him being a 1 dimensional player with flaws, yes too.

He is a prospect scouts will look smart picking, or foolish picking. Tough call, but if one wants to shoot for the moon, I would not blame a team if they pick him in the first rd.

High risk, high reward, high bust too maybe?

xeroy

Mar 31, 2015
Brampton
Kylington is a high risk pick IMO.

Can I see him being one of the most impactful players in the draft? Yes. Can I see him being a 1 dimensional player with flaws, yes too.

He is a prospect scouts will look smart picking, or foolish picking. Tough call, but if one wants to shoot for the moon, I would not blame a team if they pick him in the first rd.

High risk, high reward, high bust too maybe?

Isn't that what Dubas was quoted as saying the Leafs were looking for at the 24th pick? He said something like high risk high reward. If he does have the potential, and we couple him with proper development (Detroit maybe good at finding good players, but it's they're development staff and environment that really push the prospect to where they get) and conditioning, he could be a very good prospect.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I dont have Harkins in my top 30.
I really wanted to like him after reading his scouting report pre season. Watched him a bunch of times and was extremely underwhelmed by his offensive skillset. Not a strong skater, average hands at best. He reminded me alot of current day Mike Richards. With so many talented prospects in this draft, He's a 2nd round pick on my list.

Looks like a guy who if everything goes right, he's a solid 3rd line C.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I dont have Harkins in my top 30.
I really wanted to like him after reading his scouting report pre season. Watched him a bunch of times and was extremely underwhelmed by his offensive skillset. Not a strong skater, average hands at best. He reminded me alot of current day Mike Richards. With so many talented prospects in this draft, He's a 2nd round pick on my list.

Looks like a guy who if everything goes right, he's a solid 3rd line C.

Interesting. When I saw him, I thought prime Mike Richards. I do have a liking for him, but think it's crazy that he's ranked in the teens by some services (namely NHLCS). I would be pleased with him at 24, depending on who is on the board.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Interesting. When I saw him, I thought prime Mike Richards. I do have a liking for him, but think it's crazy that he's ranked in the teens by some services (namely NHLCS). I would be pleased with him at 24, depending on who is on the board.

I like his overall game and I do think he has above average skill level, which is why he's in my top 20, all though the difference between #20 and #24 isn't very different.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Future Considerations guide has released. They have us taking Strome and White in their two round mock. Would set us up at centre ice very well. They have Marner going 3rd to Arizona.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
What do you guys think about #24 to Columbus for #34 and #38...

EDIT: Also, where do you guys have Jens Looke going? I think he's going to be a beast.

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
What do you guys think about #24 to Columbus for #34 and #38...

Depends who is available at 24. But yeah that would be a solid offer from Columbus. I wouldn't be opposed to it because then we can snag both Rasmus Andersson and Mitch Vande Sompel with picks 34 and 38

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Depends who is available at 24. But yeah that would be a solid offer from Columbus. I wouldn't be opposed to it because then we can snag both Rasmus Andersson and Mitch Vande Sompel with picks 34 and 38

I'd take Beauviller + Looke/MVS

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
again, i repeat myself. This franchise, if we want to contend someday, we need players who can anchor their own lines. A lot of people are throwning names of compliemntary players (colin white for example, he benefited immensely from bracco/matthews)

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
White never once played on a line with Matthews in either of his 2 years at the NTDP. Bracco benefited from White. White was the workhorse on that line and every scout knows that. Matthews played with Tkachuk, Roslovic and Fischer. White anchored the second line at center.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
White never once played on a line with Matthews in either of his 2 years at the NTDP. Bracco benefited from White. White was the workhorse on that line and every scout knows that. Matthews played with Tkachuk, Roslovic and Fischer. White anchored the second line at center.

I read something the last few days about Whilte being a key player. A difference maker ... not sure where I read that, but it was online and it was a very complimentary piece about him.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Greenway is awful.

I wouldn't take him anywhere in the top 100.

These statements are funny. He is far from "awful". He actually has a tremendous skillset, as noted by multiple professionals. He dropped out of 1st round rankings in the last half of the season because scouts want to see a player as big as he is bullying people on the ice.

Jordan doesn't use his strength to full advantage yet, and it's something that needs development, which he will have excellent tutelage at Boston College, who has produced a few power forwards in their day. He has a good shot, and is an excellent skater, and not just for his size. He's a great skater.

He will need time to develop strength, and a killer instinct, but he doesn't lack work ethic, and BCU is a great place for him to go and develop under a first class strength and conditioning regimen.

Just curious, how many times have you watched the young man play?

hockey38

Jun 16, 2014

If your premise was true then Bracco's production should have slipped when (a) white was called up to u18 and (b) white was out earlier this year with mono.

Neither happened.

Next.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
White is one of those centres that everyone will be regretting. Sort of Bergeron-like in that regard. Hard to appreciate until everyone wants him.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
If your premise was true then Bracco's production should have slipped when (a) white was called up to u18 and (b) white was out earlier this year with mono.

Neither happened.

Next.
I wouldn't write off Bracco. He has legitimate scoring upside but will likely thrive with a defensively-conscious centre.

Now if we're seeking boom-bust picks, Bracco is the guy. He may be that top liner that gets paid $8 million per. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad