PL - Round 15

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Games like that are why I think it’s clear De Gea is the best shot stopper in the world.

I still rate Neuer higher overall, but if you want someone to simply stop shots, you can’t get better than DDG

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ramsey - Xhaka midfield set this year to start the season off...I already knew where we would finish.
thats a midfield that concedes defeat.....no ambition.
Ramsey has been great this year. Xhaka drags down the team.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Games like that are why I think it’s clear De Gea is the best shot stopper in the world.

I still rate Neuer higher overall, but if you want someone to simply stop shots, you can’t get better than DDG

Yep. Consistently takes points away from other teams. Very often takes a miracle to beat him.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
No. Not really. Performances in big matches are dead similar. Wouldn't want either one on my team.

Let's ignore the Chelsea and Tottenham game and just use this one to compare him to the garbage that is Lovren.

Not just that but your first comment was at Curtinho's level.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Let's ignore the Chelsea and Tottenham game and just use this one to compare him to the garbage that is Lovren.

Not just that but your first comment was at Curtinho's level.

Lovren has great performances too, we just never talk about them because there's no reason to. There is no consistency with either player.

I'm not big on liking players who have five or ten good or great games and then play shit and are the whole reason their team loses.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think Koscielny = Lovren is the biggest hot-take on this board since Henderson the best B2B in the world a few years back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm actually not disappointed, if it wasn't for de Gea Arsenal win this game extremely comfortably, 5-2.

I do want to give a huge **** you to the defencive line and Xhaka in this game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That 3rd goal was just dreadful as you had three people on Pogba, still gets around them and Xhaka having his head up his as miss marks the open man.
I think Giroud > Icardi is pretty high on that list.
Icardi has had some character issues in the past; nobody doubted his talent, but when you have mental issues, those are far more damaging to becoming a star compared to other weaknesses.

With all that said, that was definitely a hot take. Him and Giroud are not even in the same realm for me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's nuts.
That was in the same discussion as another amazing statement :
"Giroud, Berardi, Ayew, Strootman, Amavi, Passlack and Areola craps all over your bench"
That bench consisting of Lemar, Bernado Silva, Fabinho, Jemerson, Fekir, Glik, etc...
Also by the same poster : "Krychowiak is the second best DM in the game" (behind only Busquets, while a better aerial threat than Busquets).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Koscielny = Lovren is the biggest hot-take on this board since Henderson the best B2B in the world a few years back.

Koscielny = Lovren is completely accurate. Too bad that some of you can't tell when your own players suck. There's been plenty of great defensive performances with both guys this season and now the same amount of bad ones.

Both teams have conceded the same amount of goals with both guys playing the same aggressive role. Lovren also didn't play in Liverpool's worst loss of the season while Koscielny had a classic Lovren performance right in the middle of Arsenal's worst loss.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Koscielny = Lovren is completely accurate. Too bad that some of you can't tell when your own players suck. There's been plenty of great defensive performances with both guys this season and now the same amount of bad ones.

Both teams have conceded the same amount of goals with both guys playing the same aggressive role.
I've been the biggest Koscielny critic, even when most of this board deemed he was WC, but he's not in Lovren territory.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I've been the biggest Koscielny critic, even when most of this board deemed he was WC, but he's not in Lovren territory.

Lovren's had plenty of good performances too. I am also the biggest Lovren critic, I don't care at all about his good performances. That's why like today, Chelsea, United game, Arsenal, etc, he is never mentioned.

They both aren't good enough to play for the teams they play on, they'll both have great games, they'll have the same amount of bad games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad