PL - Round 15

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Koscielny = Lovren is completely accurate. Too bad that some of you can't tell when your own players suck. There's been plenty of great defensive performances with both guys this season and now the same amount of bad ones.

Both teams have conceded the same amount of goals with both guys playing the same aggressive role. Lovren also didn't play in Liverpool's worst loss of the season while Koscielny had a classic Lovren performance right in the middle of Arsenal's worst loss.
I think he sucks don't need to put words into my mouth.

But he's still on another level over Lovren.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
But he's still on another level over Lovren.

Nope, not really. Liverpool also gave up less goals last season when both guys were major parts of their defense. Both teams playing a major attacking style, both guys in same positions with a high line and doing the same things. Both teams having players playing in defense that shouldn't have been playing there. Lovren having to cover for James Milner, Koscielny having to play with a left back playing CB for who knows what reason in both cases. If you can't judge by that, what can you judge by?

Difference is that Liverpool fans are hyper critical of bad performances and over hype up great performances. Liverpool fans also have a tendency to hate every defender that plays there and even Carragher wasn't a complete exception to this when the team actually had a great defense. Lovren's bad performances are only every once in a while and I don't like him (and don't want him at the club), but there's lots of games he plays great. If he didn't have them he'd be treated like Grujic and never play again.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lovren has more bad games, less good ones and when he's bad, it's for a 5 game stretch. Kos has an awful game every 10 games and be pretty dominant at times.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Nope, not really. Liverpool also gave up less goals last season when both guys were major parts of their defense. Both teams playing a major attacking style, both guys in same positions with a high line and doing the same things. Both teams having players playing in defense that shouldn't have been playing there. If you can't judge by that, what can you judge by?
Liverpool were a more stable team than Arsenal last year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Read that Arsenal had the highest xG in a single match in EPL history since the stat was recorded.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Who said that? Brutal. Thats not even a hot take, thats a bad take.
I'll let you guess who wrote this. He also said Icardi didn't even come close to Firmino who was about to "break the EPL wide open", and that he'd also take Berardi over Icardi. All in the same posts. :laugh:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Of course the easy answer is that you would want neither of them but Kosclieny at least has some good games (whereas Lovren does not) and his lows are much less often and not nearly as awful as Lovren.

Pretty easy when looking at them to take the guy that ranges from a 4 to an 8 over the guy that is in the 1-6 range with the majority of the time playing at the low end.

Reactions: All Might

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'll let you guess who wrote this. He also said Icardi didn't even come close to Firmino who was about to "break the EPL wide open", and that he'd also take Berardi over Icardi. All in the same posts. :laugh:

I think I'm going to start a hot-take thread, so we can keep track of all of this way easier. :thumbu:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lovren has more bad games, less good ones and when he's bad, it's for a 5 game stretch. Kos has an awful game every 10 games and be pretty dominant at times.

I don't agree. Most goals against this season are from Mignolet errors or bad fullback mistakes. Or when Matip has a ball roll off his shoe into the net. He's had bad games in the first Sevilla game and the Tottenham game. He's played 21 games so 1 every 10 sounds right. I don't watch Croatia or France internationals so I don't know how that goes.

He had a great game today playing next to Wijnaldum at CB, but Liverpool scored 5 so it's not like anyone would talk about it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Of course the easy answer is that you would want neither of them but Kosclieny at least has some good games (whereas Lovren does not) and his lows are much less often and not nearly as awful as Lovren.

Yeah, that's not true. Unlike Koscielny I didn't see Lukaku do anything against Lovren when Liverpool played them. Anyone who says neither of them have great games would be wrong.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Shocking performance by our defense and Xhaka
Brutal performance by Marriner, 2 clear pens not given.
DDG was great for them while Cech was meh...

oh well, tough loss but we're used to it by now

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wow this is insane Lol. PM me the link to the thread if you can sometime.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm watching Match of the Day for probably the first time this year. How much was Lacazette again? 50 million was it?
titter.png

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's so true. He scored in that game and generally looked dangerous.
Lukaku cost 80+M OTOH. How did he look this game again? :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
De Gea's whoscored rating a modest 9.3 from today's game....
Whoscored typically underrates keepers. That's actually a very high rating by their standards.

Also lol to the rest of the stuff concerning me. Yes I would take Firmino over Icardi and Firmino is a key reason Liverpool score so much.

That said the rest of the stuff sounds pretty far fetched. Proof? Most likely it's the same twisting Evilo always does when he's wrong/embarrassed. I probably said something like I'd rather have Giroud coming off my bench because he offers something different; I highly doubt I said that Giroud was better than Icardi (he's not). It's just like when he says that Liverpool lose against the top teams (2 of 5 games) and when I said that Firmino would have more goals + assists than Lacazette this season he goes around saying that it's only goals and only PL (Firmino with 11 goals and 5 assists to Lacazette's 8 goals and 1 assist). He always changes the argument when he realizes it doesn't suit him. Other things come to mind but its pointless because he never backs up his claims with quotes and the quotes that do get brought up usually contradict what he's saying but you guys gobble it up. It is what it is.

Anyway...back into the top 4 and flying right now. Nice to see LITN defending Lovren a bit too. :) we can use an improvement over him for sure but he's not as bad a people make him out to be which is all I've ever said.

EDIT: Turns out I did say Giroud was better, though I think I was just getting at Evilo that was way off base.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Alzheimer already?
Go and check your own words.
Would be better than lie here again. You fail. Face it. Period. Everyone has you exposed. You have zero player evaluation. Nothing new.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So...
Direct quotes :
"lol, who has scored more goals over the last 3 years between him and Giroud? Who brings more to the team? Icardi is young and talented but still very raw and flawed. If you actually think he's on Firmino's level.....lol"

"I don't care about age. Giroud is currently better than Icardi and brings more while also scoring just as much and is in his prime"

"Icardi will never come close to the form that Firmino had in 13/14 for example (or his form since for that matter), and Firmino was much more productive as a striker last season than Icardi (6 goals, 4 assists in 10 games with Liverpool) and provides wayyyyy more on the pitch than just goals."

"Benatia is a top CB and Firmino is miles better than Icardi. It's not even remotely close. Not even looking at his time in Liverpool, how anyone can watch the two play and think Icardi is better is beyond me."

"I don't think they're comparable in a direct sense, but Firmino is just a higher class of player. Icardi is a great finisher, but Firmino brings way more to the table in every other aspect. I don't really need to go into great detail, but Firmino is an absolutely top class player. He proved it in the BuLi and this season he's going to break the PL wide open."

" I have Berardi anyway who I prefer to Icardi as well."

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/fantasy-football-draft-discussion-thread-ii.2122555/page-11
Page 10 and 11.

Truth twisting. Making things up. You throw some big words all the time, but at some point you have to face facts.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Anyway...back into the top 4 and flying right now. Nice to see LITN defending Lovren a bit too. :) we can use an improvement over him for sure but he's not as bad a people make him out to be which is all I've ever said.

He's only not as bad as people claim him to be because now it is revealed that people think he never has good games. Except for when Morata and Lukaku didn't score against him anyway. Or Giroud or Sanchez, etc. He had two bad games against Spurs and Sevilla, that's it. The worst game of the year against City he didn't even play in and he didn't play when they lost in the League Cup. They've lost one time this year with the bloke in the lineup.

I don't want him but like he's nowhere near that bad. It is also easier to notice when players like Koscielny and Lovren mess up because they play such a high line at those teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad