PL Round 14

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No doubt, by the end of the game, Spurs should've got the 3 points vs. Leicester.

But Spurs have been terrible since the Real Madrid game. Even the one league game they won vs. Palace since, they required a wonder hit by Son and Palace looked potent all game.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
No doubt, by the end of the game, Spurs should've got the 3 points vs. Leicester.

But Spurs have been terrible since the Real Madrid game. Even the one league game they won vs. Palace since, they required a wonder hit by Son and Palace looked potent all game.

The Palace and West Brom games are the worst of the five. I didn't find the Arsenal game too bad considering that it was at the Emirates against one of the strongest Arsenal performances in some time IMO. Yesterday was just not their day.

At least the Dortmund performance was above average.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool: Mignolet; Gomez, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Can, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Mane, Firmino, Solanke

I'm thinking Liverpool going back to the 4-4-2 that they used against West Ham with Firmino and Solanke up front and Mane/Ox out wide. These are all changes I think are good ones. I'm impressed; Klopp rotating without being forced to by injury...except Moreno plays yet again while Robertson doesn't even make the bench.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Solanke is surprising but makes sense, what's strange about it? Salah needed the rest, Coutinho needed to be benched as did Henderson and Milner. Lallana is probably still not fully ready and everything else makes sense (Firmino, Mane, Lovren back in). The only really bizarre thing is Moreno starting AGAIN with Robertson nowhere to be found amidst rumours he wants out to get gametime.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Solanke is surprising but makes sense, what's strange about it? Salah needed the rest, Coutinho needed to be benched as did Henderson and Milner. Lallana is probably still not fully ready and everything else makes sense (Firmino, Mane, Lovren back in). The only really bizarre thing is Moreno starting AGAIN with Robertson nowhere to be found amidst rumours he wants out to get gametime.

Better to rest against Brighton than Stoke. Also, Lovren-Matip is proven not to work and it's better to have Klavan in there.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not long ago you were wondering how Klavan ever ended up at Liverpool. Like Lovren he's had his ups and downs. I don't see how a Klavan/Matip pairing is any more proven than a Matip/Lovren pairing. Both are not what we hoped for and if anything the track record dating back to last season shows that Lovren/Matip is a much better pairing than Klavan/Anyone.

The problem with resting against Brighton is that's not the fixture 4 days removed from our last (which was against Chelsea). It's a forced rest really; you can't hope to keep running players like Salah into the ground and nothing bad happening. This was the smart day to do it regardless of whether you think one fixture has more weight than the other (obviously this would be different were it a top 6 opponent or CL).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not long ago you were wondering how Klavan ever ended up at Liverpool. Like Lovren he's had his ups and downs. I don't see how a Klavan/Matip pairing is any more proven than a Matip/Lovren pairing. Both are not what we hoped for and if anything the track record dating back to last season shows that Lovren/Matip is a much better pairing than Klavan/Anyone.

Klavan got a run of games and is clearly more solid if unspectacular.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yep, looks like the box. with Firmino and Solanke up front. Should be interesting to see if it holds up; my guess is this transition was planned all along and why Keita will be so important.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Some great touches by Solanke and one leads to a goal. A pass I would expect the likes of Firmino to make. Great talent that kid.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This Oxlade Chamberlain guy keeps impressing. Gomez still improving every game and looks a ridiculous talent.

Solanke looks very promising as well.

Mane is...Mane.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
NBC sports gold is doing terrible again today. Really unwatchable.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would never pay for that. Already paid for all the games for years and they try to take them off onto something else. **** off.
Oh I’m not paying for it. But I am at my local supporters clubs which certainly has to.

NBC Sports Greed is a more accurate name. It doesn’t even work!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Of all the games on tonight, my TV channel chooses to air Everton - West Ham. :confused: Oh well, got work I need to do anyhow

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Decent save by the Stoke keeper on Solanke. Hard struck finish after another series of good touches.

Mignolet should be off lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad