PL Round 14

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
In other words, the fault is the EU's and some cafe owners who destroyed football celebrations for very many other individuals.

Huh, though it's hard to see how it's the EU's fault. If I'm understanding it right, the EU just said the rules have to be the same everywhere... So the fault lies more with the British channels (or FA?) who won't let the games be shown in the UK... or no?

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Huh, though it's hard to see how it's the EU's fault. If I'm understanding it right, the EU just said the rules have to be the same everywhere... So the fault lies more with the British channels (or FA?) who won't let the games be shown in the UK... or no?

Yes. It started with the premier league wanting people in the stadiums instead of watching on the telly. So they implemented that rule in England only. Some bar owner complained and thougt it was unfair and EU said it had to be the same for the entire EU. Earlier I think other countries got to decide which game to show but now they just have to take whichever they get(don't know if it's FAs choice or Sky Sports or something similar). The saturday 3PM game they still gets to decide themselves though. And that's where we are now. Brexit will hopefully change that though

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Really didn't think Salah would wind up being better than Mane but here we are. For 35m in this market too. Complete robbery.

The odds of a player like this coming from a mid-table Egyptian club are probably not very good. 30 goals not sounding too far off at all now. 17 already.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If City beat West Ham (not even sure why I said if) they'll tie the record for most consecutive wins in the top flight of English football. Then they'll head to Old Trafford to try and break the record.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ramsey has 3g + 7a in the league if you count the 2 pens he drew. Only 1g behind KdB.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah seems to have improved his finishing after I was ridiculed when talking about him. His current pace is certainly interesting.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sterling is unreal btw. His progression under Pep reminds me of Fergie with Ronaldo.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Salah seems to have improved his finishing after I was ridiculed when talking about him. His current pace is certainly interesting.

If a player has strong technical ability and pace the finishing should usually follow at some point. Like Sterling. Some of the goals though are goals that anyone who isn't a natural striker usually has a hard time finishing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If a player has strong technical ability and pace the finishing should usually follow at some point. Like Sterling. Some of the goals though are goals that anyone who isn't a natural striker usually has a hard time finishing.
Yes he is tailor made for Klopp's system. Solanke seems like a strong understudy to Firmino as well. Ox has also looked great under Klopp. Knock his stingy market approach all you want but he knows exactly what kind of player he wants for how he would like to play.

Now some of the players he hasn't bought he's giving too much credit/too many chances but if he keeps buying they'll need to be phased out by default.

It is nice to see some of the trolls getting humbled a bit re: Gomez, Chambo and Salah.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If you care so much about the opinion of "trolls", maybe you should stop fishing for them (which can be seen as an act of trolling itself).

Reactions: All Might

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm fishing for them? Trying to remember if you were a part of that group earlier in the season.

I have no problems taking the trolling and I always stand behind what I say and admit when I'm wrong. The difference is I would say a good number of posters on this board are always quick to ridicule others for their opinions or views but are the first people to disappear or not approach a subject when it turns the other way.

I still find it amusing.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'm fishing for them? Trying to remember if you were a part of that group earlier in the season.

I have no problems taking the trolling and I always stand behind what I say and admit when I'm wrong. The difference is I would say a good number of posters on this board are always quick to ridicule others for their opinions or views but are the first people to disappear or not approach a subject when it turns the other way.

I still find it amusing.

Stop crying. You put yourself in that position with your over the top comments and blatant attempts to troll Arsenal fans.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Eh, I'm probably part of the group the Curtinho is referring to. Although, I didn't make a comment about Gomez, I still stand by what I said at the time wrt. Ox, Salah and the Liverpool defense.

I don't think Ox will make it as a great CM for a title-contender, but he could nick out a great career playing the right side for one. He lacks the pure quality that other players have in the same position for better teams. It was a bit of revisionist history when people claimed he was 'never good'. He was absolutely class for Arsenal since January - probably our best overall player during the dreadful 2nd half. But that was because he was tried at RWB in a 3-5-2 for the majority of it.

Salah's scoring record is super impressive, but I still don't think he'll score 40 - which is where the bulk of the disagreement was IIRC. If he does, he's easily a top 5 player in the world. Deliver me the crow when that happens. For a reference, Kane, Drogba, Suarez, Henry, RVP and Aguero never hit those highs in a season. I believe the last player in England to do it was Ronaldo in 2007-08 when he played for the dynasty Utd team at their peak.

Not really sold on any of the Liverpool defenders. It just looks horrendous on paper and sometimes just as bad on the field. And their lack of a proper DM makes them a vulnerable side. Henderson is trash and they'll be a lot better when they dump him.

I still think the top 4 will be City, Utd, Spurs and Chelsea, but really it is still very much a race of 5 great teams for 3 UCL spots.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think Salah will score 40 in all comps, but he will win the Golden Boot. His ability to know when it's time to run at goal is incredible and if he has space he's too fast to stop.

He's already scored as many goals as Mane has at Liverpool and it's only November.

The defense is coming around too. They've finally managed to get their goals against to a more reasonable number and considering four of those were when down to ten men, it could be worse.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
One player I'll admit underrating was Coutinho. I know he didn't play today, but still pretty surprised to see that he's been MotM 3 times in 7 league games this season. You'd think he was Nicklas Bendtner with the way some (one) describes him here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->