PL Round 14

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think I commented on this before (a few weeks ago, when people were claiming Watford were playing better than Liverpool) but you could see this coming for Spurs. They've been punching above their play this season. Even against Liverpool aside from capitalizing on brutal defensive mistakes they didn't look great in the overall run of play.

They should still beat Leicester though. They're not very good.

They looked a hell of a lot better than Liverpool that day and it should have been more than just 3 they got.

That was their last decent EPL game.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I think I commented on this before (a few weeks ago, when people were claiming Watford were playing better than Liverpool) but you could see this coming for Spurs. They've been punching above their play this season. Even against Liverpool aside from capitalizing on brutal defensive mistakes they didn't look great in the overall run of play.

I too am correct sometimes when I try predicting 50/50 alternatives.

Reactions: maclean

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lindelof seems to be settling in as well which is great. Not about to say he's ready to run out against Kane, Morata, etc. but at least he's not a tire fire any more.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

On the contrary you said Spurs would beat almost everyone at home.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I too am correct sometimes when I try predicting 50/50 alternatives.
Come on now. I was saying this based on their play. Just like I said that Liverpool would come through based on their play. There's still a lot of soccer to play but Spurs have been far from convincing outside of Europe (which is weird to say).
On the contrary you said Spurs would beat almost everyone at home.
I didn't say they'd beat anyone. I said they'd give any team a hard time at home, and they will. I had commented on their play before that though. Odd as it is, half of the games played are not at home and nobody wins all of those games.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They looked a hell of a lot better than Liverpool that day and it should have been more than just 3 they got.

That was their last decent EPL game.
I assume you mean more than the 3 points they got? They scored 4 goals.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lindelof seems to be settling in as well which is great. Not about to say he's ready to run out against Kane, Morata, etc. but at least he's not a tire fire any more.
Defenders can take a while to settle. United were spoiled a bit by how Bailly hit the ground running. Not an insult to them at all. Young players make mistakes and at CB its certainly magnified. Philosophically, I don't like to buy young defenders or goalie (not that I am in charge of building any teams, except when we fantasy soccer draft), for that reason. Let them make their mistakes on someone elses teams.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Come on now. I was saying this based on their play. Just like I said that Liverpool would come through based on their play. There's still a lot of soccer to play but Spurs have been far from convincing outside of Europe (which is weird to say).

Still waiting on Liverpool to come through.

And yes, Leicester have been the better team so far.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Still waiting on Liverpool to come through.

And yes, Leicester have been the better team so far.
There are 2 spots for (alphabetically) Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Tottenham. It is only Round 14. There are two very, very good teams that are not going to CL and maybe one that doesn't even get into Europe. The competition is going to be down to the wire. Arsenal missed CL by only a point last season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Defenders can take a while to settle. United were spoiled a bit by how Bailly hit the ground running. Not an insult to them at all. Young players make mistakes and at CB its certainly magnified. Philosophically, I don't like to buy young defenders or goalie (not that I am in charge of building any teams, except when we fantasy soccer draft), for that reason. Let them make their mistakes on someone elses teams.

Lindelof definitely wasn't just a typical young defender settling though. He was atrocious up until recently, far more than you'd expect even for a young guy settling in.

Last young keeper United bought is now probably the best shot stopper in the world.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lindelof definitely wasn't just a typical young defender settling though. He was atrocious up until recently, far more than you'd expect even for a young guy settling in.

Last young keeper United bought is now probably the best shot stopper in the world.
Well I have very low expectations! I do think the 3 at the back is helping Lindelof a bit though. Which is fine.

Sure De Gea is great, but that is the exception, not the rule. Its pretty widely accepted that keepers peak later in their careers. But not every young keeper winds up on Manchester United either.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

De Gea had his rough moments at United too.

The fans were ready to kill him. I remember that poor mullet rocking kid letting some awful goals in.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
CL or not, I really hope Liverpool can find it in their hearts to get Ndidi to Merseyside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad