PL - Round 13

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Was Firmino benched for the no look goal against Seville? Salah and Hazard exchanged shirts - I think Hazard is better but Salah had more influence on this game. That was a good match.
Firmino was presumably benched for the no anything in the second half against Sevilla

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea had the better chances, especially early, so not sure how that would even be controversial. Liverpool obviously blew a lead and had a bit more possession over the 90 minutes, so someone saying they should have closed it out isn't unreasonable either.

Reactions: All Might

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Chelsea had the better chances, especially early, so not sure how that would even be controversial. Liverpool obviously blew a lead and had a bit more possession over the 90 minutes, so someone saying they should have closed it out isn't unreasonable either.
Oh I was just pointing out that both fanbases feel their side deserved to win.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool didn't deserve to win because after the goal Klopp asked them to play defensively and they looked shaky the entire time. As soon as Chelsea tied it up they went on the offensive and looked dangerous again. Terrible game management.

Honestly Coutinho looked lazy af the entire game but Moreno rebounded nicely.

Chambo MotM for me. Give him more games plz.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think a draw is fair. Hazard had a great chance in the first half, Alonso had a great position to score, and although their goal was lucky, they didn't deserve to lose.
Chelsea made one defensive error the whole game. The whole backline was impenetrable. They blocked everything.

So many little offsides

Drinkwater, Alonso fk, the scramble, the hazard shot early, his no call on the foul, two other balls across the face of goal, one that was completely missed and one that went off of morata wide, the alonso volley.. tons ofhalf chances.

Liverpool had what, the salah curler wide in the first half and the goal?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea made one defensive error the whole game. The whole backline was impenetrable. They blocked everything.

So many little offsides

Drinkwater, Alonso fk, the scramble, the hazard shot early, his no call on the foul, two other balls across the face of goal, one that was completely missed and one that went off of morata wide, the alonso volley.. tons ofhalf chances.

Liverpool had what, the salah curler wide in the first half and the goal?
Neither team did anything special. The difference was Coutinho falling asleep for the Chelsea goal

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Eh... that was a flukey goal. He wasn't trying to score. Mignolet maybe could have done a bit better but he was never likely to stop it. Liverpool made a mess of that sequence by failing to clear or disperse the pressure on about 10 chances.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is he frustrated by the obvious FK 10 cms from the box not given to Chelsea?

He needs to stop whining.
I agree with Klopp needing to stop whining. But that being said it was an obvious flashpoint when Klopp made a sub and it didn’t happen. I though it may have been Klopp changing his mind last minute but that may not have been the case.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What Klopp has an excuse other than his decisions and his players for why Liverpool didn't win?

Color me surprised.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Lallana back will be good. Bad to blow another lead late, but not in a bad position going into December.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It doesn't really matter anyway. They may have scored after or Liverpool may have scored. It may have had no impact on the upcoming play at all and it may have turned out nobody closed out Willian regardless. We will never know.

But he was standing there for a long time with the ball having gone out (which I didn't realize) and I think a coach is right to complain about that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It doesn't really matter anyway. They may have scored after or Liverpool may have scored. It may have had no impact on the upcoming play at all and it may have turned out nobody closed out Willian regardless. We will never know.

But he was standing there for a long time with the ball having gone out (which I didn't realize) and I think a coach is right to complain about that.
All fair. Coutinho did nothing to stop that goal from happening and that’s who Lallana (Liverpool’s best midfield presser) was going on for. Klopp should have mad that sub 5-10 minutes earlier though either way. He is terrible with his subs almost every week.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hazard is an incredible player. Would love to have him on Liverpool. Just imagining having him instead of someone like Coutinho today would have made a world of difference. I think Chelsea were playing too defensively for him to impact the game as much as he could have which is why I still think Ox or Salah should have MotM but put Hazard on Liverpool and that would have looked very nice I think.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Iwobi in for Ozil? I would have gone with the same lineup as last week, Wenger has his reasons I suppose...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad