PL - Round 13

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Was it?

I thought it was pretty down the middle except that Michael Oliver told Klopp he wasn’t allowed to make the Lallana sub because it would have been “time wasting”, source: Willian spares Chelsea another disaster at Anfield, even though they badly needed fresh legs. I don’t think the ref was bad yesterday or tilted one way.
Again, clear FK and yellow just at the lick of the box not called. With Chelsea's FK shooters, this could have been extremely dangerous.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They don’t spell it Kool-Aid in Toronto?

I’m not in Toronto, but autocorrect spells it however it wants to spell.

And in reference to th expected stats, yea I assume that model is underselling the quality (or lack) of the keeper. United consistently lower GA than xGA by good sized margins. Liverpool the opposite.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Again, clear FK and yellow just at the lick of the box not called. With Chelsea's FK shooters, this could have been extremely dangerous.
I think the ref was consistent. He let the teams play for the most part. The only thing that standed our to me was not letting the sub on, but as I said they should have made that sub 5-10 minutes earlier.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ya know, normally it’s good to score just before half, but I’m not sure if you really want to give this City team an entire halftime to prepare to come at you.

If they’re dominating and level they might rest a little easier in the second half and keep doing what they’re doing. Now I expect them to come out hard core in the 2nd half.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m not in Toronto, but autocorrect spells it however it wants to spell.

And in reference to th expected stats, yea I assume that model is underselling the quality (or lack) of the keeper. United consistently lower GA than xGA by good sized margins. Liverpool the opposite.
Ah sorry. On mobile and saw the Leafs avatar.

As I said I’m not sure if I am interpreting correctly, but to me this is like the next level of that “Chances Created” stat (that I hate). I do think xGA tells a more compelling story than xG

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Would you say xG measures, for lack of a better word, how lucky a team is? I don’t know if I am interpreting it correctly, but a team outscoring it’s xG is a lucky team and a team underscoring it is unlucky?
Not entirely. It undermines the ability of keepers and systematic defending that teams like Chelsea and Man Utd thrive in.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not entirely. It undermines the ability of keepers and systematic defending that teams like Chelsea and Man Utd thrive in.

When I’ve seen it in the past it also seems to undervalue the presence of an elite finisher. Most of the time that’s hidden underneath a lot of things and elite finishers usually also are elite chance creators, but I seem to remember xG models undervaluing Kane.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
When I’ve seen it in the past it also seems to undervalue the presence of an elite finisher. Most of the time that’s hidden underneath a lot of things and elite finishers usually also are elite chance creators, but I seem to remember xG models undervaluing Kane.
Yes, I believe they only predicted around 11 goals for Kane last year Lol.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Btw, if you want to know the difference between diving and embellishing, look at Sterlings penalty. He was fouled, but embellished to make sure he got the call.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man for the amount I have to hear about how "awesome" Salah is, why couldn't he score that chance in extra time for Pool? I mean the player of his supposed quality and leading the EPL in goals should be scoring that fairly easily....

Awesome weekend for Arsenal, draws for Spurs, Liverpool, and Chelsea and 3 points to the Gunners to get us back into top 4. Now we only have one more game remaining in the Europa until February so less travel except for the FA Cup and EPL games. Things are looking good...

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Liverpool is exactly where they should be. 6th place with a chance to get 3rd depending on if they decide to bring in a decent central defender in a month.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Liverpool is exactly where they should be. 6th place with a chance to get 3rd depending on if they decide to bring in a decent central defender in a month.

What are you talking about? They're supposed to be 2nd and challenging for the title with the best offense in the EPL. They're supposed to be winning games 5-4 because their amazing offense covers their atrocious defense.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Any thoughts on Lacazette struggling? I think he's been pretty average this season. I'm not sure if he's worth the price tag. Wenger brought on Welbeck and the team had more purpose in the box.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Any thoughts on Lacazette struggling? I think he's been pretty average this season. I'm not sure if he's worth the price tag. Wenger brought on Welbeck and the team had more purpose in the box.
Strikers can take a while to settle. He will probably relatively okay, but Wenger has used him pretty strangely as well. That being said maybe he is trying to integrate him in a certain way.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Remember when Sterling had no end product? Lol

Sterling still needs a little work and I don't think he's fluid enough when he plays. It's such a small critique, but he sometimes has tunnel vision when he gets into the box, and while watching him on TV, it's pretty easy to tell when he'll try to take on the defenders by himself and try to score. With some other top guys, you never really know what they're going to do. Sterling sometimes telegraphs it.

I can't believe how bad Everton are doing. I thought Lukaku was great, but didn't think they would be relegation material without him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
DPjr3ocWsAAiGZa

Reactions: kyle evs48

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->