PL - Round 13

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
So, in the same sequence that United scored in against Brighton the other day, Lukaku intentionally kicked Gaetan Bong between the legs quite forcefully:

(excuse the norwegian commentary, found no other link.)

Some expected a three match ban (missing the Manchester derby), however the FA decided that the "alleged kick" was not a sending off offense and Lukaku got off scot-free.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd say that would have been a harsh straight red for Lukaku, although I can definitely understand Brighton being upset that it wasn't called a foul as that would have stopped the play before Young's goal.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
That's funnier than I was expecting it to be. He misses on the first one :laugh:

How is that "alleged" and not disciplined?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'd say that would have been a harsh straight red for Lukaku, although I can definitely understand Brighton being upset that it wasn't called a foul as that would have stopped the play before Young's goal.
There have been retroactive suspensions for much less than that.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Absolutely should've been a retroactive suspension for Lukaku there.

I wasn't able to watch Saturday's match, but I'm happy we came out of Anfield with a point. Based on the chatter here from non-Liverpool fans, seems as if we could've gotten 3, but that's the way it goes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any thoughts on Lacazette struggling? I think he's been pretty average this season. I'm not sure if he's worth the price tag. Wenger brought on Welbeck and the team had more purpose in the box.
Adjusting to the league and Wenger.

I like Ligue 1, but it doesn't come close to the physicality and the marking ability of CB's that come with the EPL. Instead of having more space in Ligue 1, he's being marked by both CB's and the CDM in almost every game. It's opening space for someone like Ramsey, but it's killing Lacazette's potency. Plus you have Wenger, which we can all agree on has not used him properly. If he was with Conte, he would start every SINGLE game and would play majority of it. With Wenger, he thinks we have to keep Giroud happy, so he has his 70th minute mark to substitute him every single damn time. Hell, Wenger just benched him for two extremely important games. Additionally, we have only been able to watch Ozil, Sanchez, and Lacazette play maybe twice. The rotation of the squad has been insane this year, some of it because of injuries, though I wouldn't consider it a negative.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There's much less space in L1 than EPL because plenty of L1 teams park the bus.
But yeah he's been used weirdly. I don't understand Wenger's logic with him.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Interesting statistic.

DPpW5YqXcAAYYRT.jpg:large

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Interesting statistic.

DPpW5YqXcAAYYRT.jpg:large

It's amazing how many fewer goals United has scored that the rest of the top teams in the last several years.

Also, does that include this year's data or only until the end of last year? If so, United would be much much closer to Liverpool prior to this year. I think we're something like +12 in the last 20 mins this year alone (plus another two that happened at 69:55 or so)

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
It's amazing how many fewer goals United has scored that the rest of the top teams in the last several years.

Also, does that include this year's data or only until the end of last year? If so, United would be much much closer to Liverpool prior to this year. I think we're something like +12 in the last 20 mins this year alone (plus another two that happened at 69:55 or so)
I believe it is up to date.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There's much less space in L1 than EPL because plenty of L1 teams park the bus.
But yeah he's been used weirdly. I don't understand Wenger's logic with him.
Not arguing that, however the EPL has better talent overall so there is (weirdly) less space for Lacazette even though majority of the teams do not park the bus. Or in other words, a lot of the EPL defenders have better marking abilities than those in Ligue 1.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I'll disagree with the space. In L1 Lacazette was facing 2 CBS and a DM every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad