GWT: PL Matchweek ?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It's a game of margins. City were a lot better than us but won off a worldie and only had one other decent chance. Ederson made a great save on Lukaku and another real good headed clearance.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
His movements been good, hes just been starved for service
I disagree. There have been crosses into the box where he stayed outside the defender, and if he had cut inside them would have gotten on the ball with space in front of him.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's a game of margins. City were a lot better than us but won off a worldie and only had one other decent chance. Ederson made a great save on Lukaku and another real good headed clearance.

Yea, City had better chances overall, but still each keeper made one excellent save on the only relevant chance and then KDB scored an absurd goal.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
It's just ridiculous that games can be postponed due to injuries, suspensions, International duty and having loaned out players within the past week.

Reactions: JPBolts

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal literally made their squad smaller to get a game canceled. They are a joke but the league is a bigger joke. The integrity of this season is gone.
Yeah Arsenal should have faked 13 positives intead. That would be the sportmanlike thing to do.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Everton getting battered by Norwich. Benitez is clearly over the hill and Everton's incessant push for the top 4 will wait another year.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Arsenal literally made their squad smaller to get a game canceled. They are a joke but the league is a bigger joke. The integrity of this season is gone.

If you call others a joke you should take a good look in the mirror.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This is the part I can't get over. The league looks farcical for allowing this. And you know what, they damn well had better keep that energy going forward, because to give Arsenal the edge in a big match means they better not start getting tough on other clubs now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Still had a game postponed over false positive tests. Intentional or not it’s a joke. Get down from that horse you’re sitting on.
False positives happen. They were doing the testing and it happened. What would have liked Liverpool to do differently?

Arsenal literally made their squad smaller by letting Maitland-Niles and Balogun leave (on loans so it’s not even a money reason) and cried about having too small a squad because of AFCON. And using a red card suspension to justify getting to their current squad number? This is worse.

People said Liverpool would try to cancel games because of AFCON but now, only Arsenal holds that distinction

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
False positives happen. They were doing the testing and it happened. What would have liked Liverpool to do differently?

Arsenal literally made their squad smaller by letting Maitland-Niles and Balogun leave (on loans so it’s not even a money reason) and cried about having too small a squad because of AFCON. This is worse.

Ten false positives happen? Yeah it’s like the same probability as winning on Eurojackpot.

Yes they did and it was stupid when you look at it now, but who could have count on them losing like five players on thursday? That almost never happens.

Reactions: AB13

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ten false positives happen? Yeah it’s like the same probability as winning on Eurojackpot.

Yes they did and it was stupid when you look at it now, but who could have count on them losing like five players on thursday? That almost never happens.
I’m not denying there were a lot of false positives. I am asking you specifically - what would you have liked Liverpool to do differently; because they were testing as everyone else does before said positives, and they played a squad reflecting that in FA cup. How is any of this helping Liverpool, and what should they have done differently?

Arsenal themselves counted on it. If they were worried about squad size they shouldn’t have sanctioned the loan moves. That was their choice. They made their squad smaller, no one forced them to do that. And again, why should they be rewarded with having less players because of a red card suspension ?

AND unlike Liverpool, Arsenal can actually train. Liverpool had to shut down their training ground. Arsenal trained today as normal

Last edited:

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I’m not denying there were a lot of false positives. I am asking you specifically - what would you have liked Liverpool to do differently; because they were testing as everyone else does before said positives, and they played a squad reflecting that in FA cup. How is any of this helping Liverpool, and what should they have done differently?

Arsenal themselves counted on it. If they were worried about squad size they shouldn’t have sanctioned the loan moves. That was their choice. They made their squad smaller, no one forced them to do that. And again, why should they be rewarded with having less players because of a red card suspension ?

It’s tricky. We know for a fact that not many get symptomatic now but if none of them where that would have raised suspicion for me. They could have asked for a new look at it right away before they communicated those results.

It’s just a matter of gambling and extreme bad luck. I bet if you simulate this scenario the thing that happened on thursday would happen one in a million. You can blame Arsenal for it but i’m sure other clubs would have done the same.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s tricky. We know for a fact that not many get symptomatic now but if none of them where that would have raised suspicion for me. They could have asked for a new look at it right away before they communicated those results.

It’s just a matter of gambling and extreme bad luck. I bet if you simulate this scenario the thing that happened on thursday would happen one in a million. You can blame Arsenal for it but i’m sure other clubs would have done the same.
Well an investigation to Liverpools false positives was requested and nothing came of it. Don’t know what to tell you.

It is neither gambling nor bad luck. What Arsenal is doing is intention. I am going to blame Arsenal because they literally have done it. I’ll worry about it other teams and blame them when they do the same thing. And as I said the League is the biggest problem for allowing this farce.

I just think it’s ironic that after everyone said Liverpool would move hell and earth to get fixtures moved because of AFCON, Arsenal are literally the only team to have done it.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad