GWT: PL Matchweek ?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If Arsenal really only have one player out due to covid, I'd personally say that the game shouldn't be postponed. Xhaka shouldn't count as a player that's out. Also, Arsenal thought it was fine to loan out Maitland-Niles.
It's not a question of how many players are out, but of how many are able to play. Xhaka cannot play. Therefore he cannot count. The rules are silly, but they are the rules

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Spurs shouldn’t complain since they faked Covid a couple of weeks ago. But i get it why they want this match to go on. It’s their only chance to win.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Trossard is maybe the best-kept secret in the Prem. So skilled, great engine, awesome attacking instincts.

In the prime of his career as well.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
You're just talking out of your ass now. Just shows how credible of a poster you are.

You know it’s true. The clubs have discovered how weak FA are in this situation and they’re taking advantage of it. The FA should’ve controlled the clubs much harder from the start. Now they have put themself in a position they cannot go back from.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
You know it’s true. The clubs have discovered how weak FA are in this situation and they’re taking advantage of it. The FA should’ve controlled the clubs much harder from the start. Now they have put themself in a position they cannot go back from.
Oh, I know very well. However by all accounts that wasn't what happened to Spurs, they had a legitimate outbreak. They didn't fake it as you claim.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Oh, I know very well. However by all accounts that wasn't what happened to Spurs, they had a legitimate outbreak. They didn't fake it as you claim.

That might be true. We don’t know for sure since the control of this is a total joke. Arsenal could very well claim tomorrow that the rest of the squad have Covid and there is no one there to question it. They just buy into this stuff.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lol I don't think that will stand but if it does its the most Maupay goal in existence.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s like the Spider-Man meme , fans accusing other fans of their teams faking Covid. Shut up.

no one has any moral high ground here.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It’s like the Spider-Man meme , fans accusing other fans of their teams faking Covid. Shut up.

no one has any moral high ground here.
Yup! It's now a slipper slope too. Everyone is going to be requesting postponements when its' convenient to do so.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I get that Liverpool's academy isn't at Arsenal's level, but where was this energy last week?

Injury and AFCON should not be the major deciders. The clear problem is that there is no clear policy. I get it wasn’t Arsenals fault for the cup delay. But COVID should be the only reason for delay. Injuries have always been part of the process. Last year when Liverpool had no central defenders it was their issue.

as for Liverpool faking the Covid, investigate it. If it was their doing, they should be punished. Until then, you’re just back page Twitter trolls.

Reactions: luiginb

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Injury and AFCON should not be the major deciders. The clear problem is that there is no clear policy. I get it wasn’t Arsenals fault for the cup delay. But COVID should be the only reason for delay. Injuries have always been part of the process. Last year when Liverpool had no central defenders it was their issue.

as for Liverpool faking the Covid, investigate it. If it was their doing, they should be punished. Until then, you’re just back page Twitter trolls.

There are new (stupid) rules this season. The rules states that if you can’t field 13 seniorplayers plus keeper and have at least one Covid-case you can get a match postponed. It’s madness. According to the rules Arsenal clearly have a case here. How stupid it might be.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It had to turn into “feel sorry for Liverpool” :laugh:

Once again astonishing that they haven’t got better procedures. Then again I’m told we should always trust authorities to do the right thing these days :laugh:

There should be x no. of players out with Covid and a procedure to determine how quickly one can test the rest. I get if you got two positives on the morning of the game and you don’t really know if you got 12 - then by all means postpone. If, as the rumour goes, you got one case on Friday - that is not an argument for postponing.

The fact that Arsenal mentions AFCON is enough to play the game. How will that go down in the future? Three players leaving for AFCON and you get a winter break? And will Arsenal for the next month be one player away from moving games?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
1) The impact of COVID-19 infections on a club's squad, as well as injuries, illness and those isolating, and the number of players available on the squad list and any Under-21 players with appropriate experience. Where a club cannot field 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper either from its squad list or its appropriately experienced Under-21 players, the match will be postponed.
2) The status of any COVID-19 outbreak within a club, including the number of individuals affected, the sequence and source of infections and their proximity to the match in question.
3) A club's ability to safely prepare its players in the lead-up to a match.
4) Medical advice as to whether there is any unacceptable risk to the health and safety of players and staff by playing the match.
5) Any advice from UK Health Security Agency and other public bodies.
6) Any other exceptional circumstances.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
1) The impact of COVID-19 infections on a club's squad, as well as injuries, illness and those isolating, and the number of players available on the squad list and any Under-21 players with appropriate experience. Where a club cannot field 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper either from its squad list or its appropriately experienced Under-21 players, the match will be postponed.
2) The status of any COVID-19 outbreak within a club, including the number of individuals affected, the sequence and source of infections and their proximity to the match in question.
3) A club's ability to safely prepare its players in the lead-up to a match.
4) Medical advice as to whether there is any unacceptable risk to the health and safety of players and staff by playing the match.
5) Any advice from UK Health Security Agency and other public bodies.
6) Any other exceptional circumstances.

Yeah, the absolute biggest mistake they did with these rules was not to specify exactly how many Covid-cases you need to have to get a match postponed.

You have to think that it should’ve been at least 75% Covidrelated injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad