GWT: PL Matchweek ?

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
That's been my issue.

"Yea, results", but, "hmmm, performances?"

As long as they take their points there won't be any loud criticism but you can't play bad forever without the results eventually are going to take a serious hit. This week will be interesting for them against two pretty tough opponents. Chelsea are struggling atm though as i stated and Leicester has been in and out last couple of weeks. Played only one game in the FA-cup since new year. Don't know what to expect from them. Anything between 2-6 points this week would be good for Spurs and puts them in a good position for top 4. But i do think most of their competitors around top 4 are playing better football overall. Except United.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I don't think Spurs have played any better football than they did under Nuno so far. They have been able to grab some points though. It surely helped them playing with one man up in a lot of games. They had no chance at all against a Chelsea that have been struggling since new year. Carabao Cup or not i think that says a lot. I'm not impressed.

They absolutely have improved. Main issue right now is the finishing (thanks for that Harry), and the XG-models back that up.

Chelsea's squad is just much better through and through. Simple as.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
As long as they take their points there won't be any loud criticism but you can't play bad forever without the results eventually are going to take a serious hit. This week will be interesting for them against two pretty tough opponents. Chelsea are struggling atm though as i stated and Leicester has been in and out last couple of weeks. Played only one game in the FA-cup since new year. Don't know what to expect from them. Anything between 2-6 points this week would be good for Spurs and puts them in a good position for top 4. But i do think most of their competitors around top 4 are playing better football overall. Except United.
I think they’ve played fine, but I don’t think anyone will mistake a a Conte coached team to play beautiful football. Kane is due for some positive regression here soon as well so that should help them to end the season.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think there has been improvement under Conte but not to the point where I'm ready say say they're headed for a top 4 finish. I would say they look more organized at the back end, and he so far has been getting more from certain players- Dier and Winks notably, also Lucas. There's reason to be optimistic but I don't think anyone is getting crazy right now.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Lol, just because i said earlier that Spurs haven’t play good under Conte they actually play well so far in this game. Still Leicester takes the lead after Dakas first touch on the ball.

You can tell Leicester are rusty.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Hojbjerg is having a stinker. Too much of that from him lately.

As for Tanganga he just isn't good enough.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also this is an aboslute clown show. United getting absolutely ripped apart. I'd be embarrassed if we looked like this against City or Liverpool, nevermind Brentford.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
United are actually playing worse under Rangnick than under Ole...
That’s what happens when a bunch of unmotivated players who have been coddled for sometime get a coach who(from the outside at least) looks like a bit of a hard ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00