GWT: PL Matchweek ?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I only watched the second half, but before those goals I struggle to think of a grade A chance for Tottenham. That Sanchez(?) effort outside the box was their best.
First half was an absolute beating. Kane should've scored three. Albrighton had a goal-line clearance too.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Considering how highly rated Tielemans is, looking like a non league level player against that midfield isn’t acceptable regardless.
He has not had a good year at all, really inconsistent and on his worst days looks dreadful. Doesn't take away from how good he has looked in the past for Leicester.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He has not had a good year at all, really inconsistent and on his worst days looks dreadful. Doesn't take away from how good he has looked in the past for Leicester.
He has shown great ability on the ball in the past but he has always been lazy and a defensive liablity. Tielemans is still a good player though, for sure, but I don’t really think he would improve any big 6 club all that much. Like a few other Leicester players, I feel he has been overrated in the past. Not playing for a big 6 club can often lead to a player being overrated, as people don’t overanalyse and see all of your flaws. Soyuncu and Schmeichel are other players who I feel have been overrated in the past.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He has shown great ability on the ball in the past but he has always been lazy and a defensive liablity. Tielemans is still a good player though, for sure, but I don’t really think he would improve any big 6 club all that much. Like a few other Leicester players, I feel he has been overrated in the past. Not playing for a big 6 club can often lead to a player being overrated, as people don’t overanalyse and see all of your flaws. Soyuncu and Schmeichel are other players who I feel have been overrated in the past.
If anything Schmeichel has been underrated. He was one of the best shot stoppers for quite a while, though he's on the decline with his age now, but really didn't get much recognition for it.

Tielemans is frustrating because he has the ability to be a really top end player, but the consistency just hasn't been there enough. It looked like he finally put it together with Leicester, but here we are again with him struggling.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Interesting how Spurs got 4.9 xG despite the wingbacks and Lucas struggling. I felt like everything came through Kane. Absolutely carried Spurs attack tonight. Please keep it up.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Much better second half by United. Nice pass by Fred and movement by Elanga for the first goal. Hopefully Rashford gets some confidence from his goal. McTominay was good in the second half too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really hope that FA probes that Spurs/Foxes match because if you want to talk about pure match-fixing potential, I can't think of anything better than that godawful turn by the LC player to give Spurs the ball and pretty much a break away for Bergwijn. Then the LC defender, Soyuncu, was miles off of Bergwijn and Schmichael could not have played that as poorly as he did. These are very good players all going into schoolboy mistakes, which rises the chances of match-fixing even higher. Disgraceful.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I really hope that FA probes that Spurs/Foxes match because if you want to talk about pure match-fixing potential, I can't think of anything better than that godawful turn by the LC player to give Spurs the ball and pretty much a break away for Bergwijn. Then the LC defender, Soyuncu, was miles off of Bergwijn and Schmichael could not have played that as poorly as he did. These are very good players all going into schoolboy mistakes, which rises the chances of match-fixing even higher. Disgraceful.

Leicester have been like this all season.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
First half probably deserved this scoreline...for Brentford

Second half United have been much better. 3-0 is probably a little bit generous, but they've had more good chances this half, although the best ones were after Brentford had to open up after the first goal.

Reflecting on this result this morning I remembered that Brentford battered Arsenal, bullied Liverpool,and Chelsea required a MotM performance from Mendy.

Point being, going to Brentford and getting any kind of result is really, really hard.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would think if you were throwing a match, you don't wait until minute 95.
Or you have an immense amount of morals fighting against your desires. LC could've clearly been paid off if they dropped the match, but decided to wrestle their thoughts and emotion for a full ninty-minutes before succumbing to greed in the final five.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Or you have an immense amount of morals fighting against your desires. LC could've clearly been paid off if they dropped the match, but decided to wrestle their thoughts and emotion for a full ninty-minutes before succumbing to greed in the final five.

That sounds like quite some book/movie plot you got there.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2