GWT: PL Matchweek Jan 18-24

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Who said Pep was overrated? He's the core of this team. Those defensemen are overrated because as you can see when they're not playing for City, they often struggle outside a defensive system. Because keeping the ball for 70 minutes IS a defensive system that shadows the individual deficiencies.
And nobody rates Ederson, so not sure what you mean.

Plenty have said this about Pep.... Laporte doesn't struggle for Spain and excelled in Bilbao. But ok.

You're right Ederson is often considered crap.

If it makes you feel any better, most Liverpool players are overrated AF as well.
That comes with the territory when a coach makes a team overachieve. Pep and Klopp do that.

It doesn't I have no horse in this race. I watch LFC just as much as City.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't have a horse either.

As for your Pep thing, you're mixing different opinions as if I (or others) agreed with everything. Not the case.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Virgil being able to score corners again would be such a nice bonus. Been dreadful at those this season

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sanchez with a massive save on Lookman to keep the game 0-0. Brighton with some frustrating errors throughout this game.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
They said Xhaka was cheating and then watch referees do this shit every week! A studs up challenge and an elbow to the face from Westwood so far. Xhaka would have two red cards in that position.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I said on this board
Yes, but people on this board don't necessarily agree with each other.
For instance, I consider Kdb to be a WC player with a so-so two seasons now.
I do find Rodri overrated when people are raving about him. He's a good player, not close to WC IMO.
Ederson sucks.
Laporte and Dias are good defensemen and nothing more. IMO, they're overrated here (and Dias basically everywhere). Dias is better though.
City is a team of good talents with one WC talent (KdB). Pep is the one that's making this team.
Same with Liverpool. He has made tons of good but not great player overchieve so much they're ranked among the best in their positon under him, but never before him and probably never after.
Only WC player he brought in is Fabinho and arguably Allison. Rest were good players. When you see Wijnaldum right now, you understand how I was right all those years. Guy is just an average player paid like a WC one. Good for Barca they didn't get him.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Premier League Discipline since 2 January 2019 (the last time Burnley got a red card)
Games played
Arsenal 114 Burnley 111
Fouls
Arsenal 1131 Burnley 1111
Red cards
Arsenal 14 Burnley 0

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Olise kid is good. Palace have some quality on the bench too. Don’t think this is over yet. Alisson has been man of the match for Liverpool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad