GWT: PL Matchweek Jan 18-24

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Great recovery tackle but he only had to make a recovery tackle because he took an atrocious angle defensively and let the player run across and behind him without any pressure at all.
And he scores wonderful wonderful player.

another player barca let walk from their backyard is rodri. If they had any foresight both should be playing their. Instead barca got Malcolm and Arthur that summer for roughly the same cost. Lol prrrfect replacement for busi

Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
And he scores wonderful wonderful player.

another player barca let walk from their backyard is rodri. If they had any foresight both should be playing their. Instead barca got Malcolm and Arthur that summer for roughly the same cost. Lol prrrfect replacement for busi

Oh he's definitely an excellent defender, just point out that the only reason he had to make an excellent play was because he made a mistake before that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Laporte is overrated by some people here.
A great CB is someone like Thiago Silva who doesn't need to make big tackles because of poor positionning. TS is always well positionned and thus never in a scary situation. Marquinhos rarely tackles too. VVD is another example.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There’s only one good cb according to @Evilo its silva. Everyone else sucks.

you just hate laporte because he’s french
Yeah that works too. I've been consistent with Laporte and Silva, regardless of their teams/countries.
And no, I gave two other examples.
Silva IMO is the prime example of a perfect CB.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah that works too. I've been consistent with Laporte and Silva, regardless of their teams/countries.
And no, I gave two other examples.
Silva IMO is the prime example of a perfect CB.
Silva is great, amazing, stupendous... But what does that have to do with Laporte? Aymeric is very good and hardly gets talked about here. Stones(LOL), Dias, Maguire and Yeray were all aruged at one point or another to be better than him. I fail to see how he's overrated by anyone on here. Not a single person even mentions him. Hell some idiot drafted Varane over him in the draft 18 months ago. BUffonary.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As I said, I think he's highly overrated. I gave Silva (and others) as examples of what Laporte can't do. Dias is better than him (though he's overrated too).
Varane is twice Laporte over his career.

Reactions: AB13

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As I said, I think he's highly overrated. I gave Silva (and others) as examples of what Laporte can't do. Dias is better than him (though he's overrated too).
Varane is twice Laporte over his career.
By whom?

Varane hasn't been twice the player, more talented better tools sure. It's his fault for not maintain that high level he could longer. Right now its not even close who's better and hast been close for the past what 2 seasons?

All i said was Laporte is underrated (which he is) and that he's a wonderful player. I fail to see how this is Silva, Marquinhos, VVD or Varane discussion.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Just seen Traore had a goal disallowed because his toes were offside. Thankfully it didn't affect the result.

It was a good play from him as well, shielding the ball and keeping the defender out with his body, and get a shot off in a good position. Too bad it didn't stand, it would have been a nice goal.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Too bad nobody scored in the Brentford - Wolves match during the first half added time after the drone incident. It would be nice trivia for the stats to have 1-0 scored at 70 mins, and then a second goal in 60th minute (or whatever).

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
By whom?

Varane hasn't been twice the player, more talented better tools sure. It's his fault for not maintain that high level he could longer. Right now its not even close who's better and hast been close for the past what 2 seasons?

All i said was Laporte is underrated (which he is) and that he's a wonderful player. I fail to see how this is Silva, Marquinhos, VVD or Varane discussion.
I brought the other 3 as a proof of what other CB do. And YOU brought up Varane :facepalm:
Varane is ONE year older than Laporte. How can anyone compare the 2?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad