GWT: PL Matchweek around New Years

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Tuned in late but watched the replay of the pen claim.

The big question is if he gets the foot or the ball first and the replays aren’t great at telling that. Given it was called a corner on the pitch it’s hard to say it’s a clear and obvious error since you’d need pretty clear proof he got the foot before the ball.

On the same point, if it was called a pen on the pitch I think it’d be hard to overturn given he did get the foot too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
yeah

I was trully expecting another loopside loss, but Arsenal has been good so far. Could've been ahead if Odegaard didn't f*** up that play later.

City had a couple of chances of corners too. Good game
Tuned in late but watched the replay of the pen claim.

The big question is if he gets the foot or the ball first and the replays aren’t great at telling that. Given it was called a corner on the pitch it’s hard to say it’s a clear and obvious error since you’d need pretty clear proof he got the foot before the ball.

On the same point, if it was called a pen on the pitch I think it’d be hard to overturn given he did get the foot too.

there was another replay that should clear contact on the ball.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also in the ~3 minutes I’ve watched, Arsenal has been dominating City. First to every ball, just keep recycling the attack for another chance.

Looks more like a City against Burnley game but reverse.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
emiliano-martinez.gif
what he tried to do

Can’t do it against this guy

Reactions: John Pedro

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
There definitely was clear contact with the ball, but there was also clear contact with the foot. The replays I saw didn’t clearly show one before the other.
Ederson got to the ball first, Ødegaard saw he had no chance to get to the ball first so he just extended his leg to get a contact and dove.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Best half against a top3 side for Arsenal in a long time. Martinelli and Saka are too much to handle. Xhaka and Partey playing really well cointaning De Bruyne and Bernardo. Tomyassu has been massive against Sterling and Mahrez didn't do anything.

Keep this up and capitalize one of the counters.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don’t think he’s been massive. City are just having trouble getting them the ball. The press by arsenal has been relentless and coty hasn’t gotten into any rhythm. I don’t blame any of the front 3.

city need to play the ball fast. Might try gundogen to shake things up

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal have had more shots Man City so far today. It's been a while since we've been able to say that. Brilliant half, Partey has been absolutely unreal.

Reactions: John Pedro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
At what point can we say KDB is overrated?
Boy has he had a tough 2021. But we're in 2022 Kevin!

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I don’t think he’s been massive. City are just having trouble getting them the ball. The press by arsenal has been relentless and coty hasn’t gotten into any rhythm. I don’t blame any of the front 3.

city need to play the ball fast. Might try gundogen to shake things up

He did have 2 tackles and wasn't dribbled once. City hasn't been at their best, but Tomyassu didn't make life easy for him

If Martinelli has been great, I just can't say the same about Jesus. Honestly, find him very overrated.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes