GWT: PL Matchweek 7

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Why did that land on Fabinhos foot. Felt like an eternity for him to release that.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I wouldn’t say bent over liverpool at anfield are not going to rollover at some point a push was expected and City responded well actually
Feel like taking away all four scoring plays, both teams had a very good half, abs half that is below their standards.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Feel like taking away all four scoring plays, both teams had a very good half, abs half that is below their standards.
I would agree still I think city have been the better team just no focal point in attack is harming them. Since KDB is on vacation still

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Salah is the best player in the Premier League, there's not much doubt about that at this stage.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That was brilliant. Can't help but feel like we should have won but you can't complain against a side of City's quality.

We should have won last week. We would be top.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Missed the game but just watched it now. Amazing last 25 minutes in terms of entertainment value.

I definitely think Milner should have gotten a second yellow.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would say that LFC fans will be happy with the point, City played them completely off the pitch in that first half as the away team that the game would've been over if they actually had a striker. Could've been three-nil by half-time IMO. I get all the Foden love by pundits, but his finishing was absolutely dreadful today.

E: Also no idea why or how Juve gave up on Cancelo. Brilliant player.

You've proven countless times that your judgement is poor though.
Lol, mate Romeo isn't even a starting CB for a mid-table club. I would pipe down with the poor judgement comments when you're clearly wrong. We can't even debate between Romeo vs White because one is a prime starter for one of the most popular clubs in the world and the other isn't even getting consistent playing time due to issues with his game.
Foden goes down easy but think Milner gets away with one there.
Nobody goes down easier than Bruno and Mane IMHO. Both are extremely talented, but them along with Maddison gotta be the worst divers in the EPL.

Decent argument for best in the world TBH.
Lewandowski is better. He sucks for the national team, but whenever I click on the stat sheet for Bayern he always normally has two goals per match.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would say that LFC fans will be happy with the point, City played them completely off the pitch in that first half as the away team that the game would've been over if they actually had a striker. Could've been three-nil by half-time IMO. I get all the Foden love by pundits, but his finishing was absolutely dreadful today.

I'm not happy at all with the point tbh. That's a mid-table mentality. They wouldn't have played us off the pitch if our two best RB's weren't injured. So I'm not happy about that as I think they wouldn't have scored at all if we'd had our RB. I also strongly believe we have a better 11 than they do. So actually I'm kind of annoyed. Henderson had a pretty bad go of it because Klopp had to use a different midfield three than usual, so the attack-defense balance was off and it didn't go that well. City also only got that point because of a great defensive play in their own right to save what should have been a sure goal.

So no, when you're trying to win the league, and it's early in the season, you should never be happy with a point. Liverpool is way beyond that now. I think maybe the team expended too much energy against Porto.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm not happy at all with the point tbh. That's a mid-table mentality. They wouldn't have played us off the pitch if our two best RB's weren't injured. So I'm not happy about that as I think they wouldn't have scored at all if we'd had our RB. I also strongly believe we have a better 11 than they do. So actually I'm kind of annoyed. Henderson had a pretty bad go of it because Klopp had to use a different midfield three than usual, so the attack-defense balance was off and it didn't go that well. City also only got that point because of a great defensive play in their own right to save what should have been a sure goal.

So no, when you're trying to win the league, and it's early in the season, you should never be happy with a point. Liverpool is way beyond that now. I think maybe the team expended too much energy against Porto.
Maybe it was the midfield rotation, but I thought LFC would've looked more offensively dangerous...especially at home than they did today. I totally get what you're saying about three points is the minimum against any team. That's good philosophy for winners, but there is no way that LFC should've deserved the win today. City played a very positive style of football and the reason they didn't come away with anything more than a point was because Foden and Jesus were terrible finishers. I wouldn't be happy with the way LFC played if I was a Reds fan, both goals were miracle plays from individual class than actual team-like build up and I don't think one RB would've changed the difference defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad